After achieving rainbow body?

jet.urgyen

Re: After achieving rainbow body?

Post by jet.urgyen »

smcj wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:21 pm So do you guys accept the idea that realized beings are able to benefit sentient beings post-mortem?
i do, but what i consider as "benefit" is transmission -of knowledge-
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

smcj wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:21 pm So do you guys accept the idea that realized beings are able to benefit sentient beings post-mortem?
Yes. If they couldn't there would be no point to attaining complete enlightenment, and escaping samsara itself would suffice. :)

Kevin...
Natan

Post by Natan »

Of course
Vajra fangs deliver vajra venom to your Mara body.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Yes, otherwise why do we pray to Guru Rinpoche, Garab Dorje, etc. for blessings, empowerments, etc.

I think they can manifest in multiple forms, places, and manners as need arises and karma permits.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

Fourthed from another tradition.
Supplications related to Dharma or benefiting beings produce such uncanny results that I had to admit my skepticism was no longer wise.
Namu Amida Butsu
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Yes, otherwise why do we pray to Guru Rinpoche, Garab Dorje, etc. for blessings, empowerments, etc.

I think they can manifest in multiple forms, places, and manners as need arises and karma permits.
:good:
Supplications related to Dharma or benefiting beings produce such uncanny results that I had to admit my skepticism was no longer wise.
:good: (me too)
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)

Return to “Dzogchen”