Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Locked
Motova
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Post by Motova » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 am

Are there stages of familiarity with each or some of the visions?

Thank you.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.

User avatar
Josef
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Post by Josef » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:24 am

Motova wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 am
Are there stages of familiarity with each or some of the visions?

Thank you.
yes, but this isnt really the place.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

Motova
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Re: Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Post by Motova » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:01 am

Josef wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:24 am
Motova wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 am
Are there stages of familiarity with each or some of the visions?

Thank you.
yes, but this isnt really the place.
What can be discussed?
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.

User avatar
Josef
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Post by Josef » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:14 am

Motova wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:01 am
Josef wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:24 am
Motova wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 am
Are there stages of familiarity with each or some of the visions?

Thank you.
yes, but this isnt really the place.
What can be discussed?
In my opinion its not worth having any discussions of these practices with anyone other than ones guru or vajra siblings in a private setting.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

User avatar
Mönlam Tharchin
Global Moderator
Posts: 2128
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:11 am

Re: Are there stages of familiarity with the visions?

Post by Mönlam Tharchin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:25 am

And with that excellent advice...
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that
to guide me, I simply say Namu-amida-butsu.
-- Ippen

"If sentient beings are touched by His radiance, their three afflictions will be eliminated and their bodies and minds will become gentle. They will be filled with joy and exuberance as benevolence arises in their minds. If those who are in extreme suffering, taking any of the three evil life-journeys, see this radiance, they can rest, no more pain or distress." -- Sutra of Amitāyus Buddha

The Teachings of Master Hōnen

Locked

Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 65 guests