Guru yoga for longchen?

Lee ireland

Guru yoga for longchen?

Post by Lee ireland »

Any suggestions for the guru yoga of longchen?

Thank you
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Guru yoga for longchen?

Post by kirtu »

Lee ireland wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 am Any suggestions for the guru yoga of longchen?

Thank you
Well there is Longchenpa Guru Yoga at least within Longchen Nyingtik. Do you have a (Nyinmga) lama who teaches the Longchen Nyingtik?

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Lee ireland

Post by Lee ireland »

Hi thank you for your reply, no I haven't, but I wish to connect with an authentic teacher of the omniscient ones liniage, and no better way to do this but guru yoga of the omniscient one 😊. To choose him as my chosen deity guru, his non restricted books have seeded much in my mind, I feel great devotion and dedication to him and his teachings, I wish to choose him as my guru yoga yoga practice to not only manifest a connection with his liniage but to mostly pay devotion. This has manifested in the heart to do this, so if you know of any please let me know. Thank you
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

It's called Thig-le Gya-chen. It is the yang sang or "even more secret" of the Longchen Nyingthig'S four Guru yogas. It is the Guru yoga associated with practicing threk-chod and thod-gal when doing this in a traditional step by step order, as in three year retreat.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

LongChen Nyingthik is a quite popular cycle, taught by many Lamas throughout the world.
You should locate a teacher who teaches this lineage, and take Ngondro transmission. The whole of ngondro is actually really a guru yoga practice.

Tigle Gyachen would be something you would practice later on, most likely, under the instruction of a qualified teacher.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Josef

Post by Josef »

In the meantime you can recite prayers like this one.

Prayer to Longchenpa (Adapted from the Words of Mipham Rinpoche)
by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
The primordial and spontaneous nature of luminous awareness
Is unchanging and of one-taste with all the victorious buddhas.
To you who have perceived this directly, Omniscient Lord of Dharma,
Drimé Özer, I pray!

With your brilliant, stainless insight you have clearly and unerringly understood
The meaning of the supreme vehicle in its entirety
And are possessed of the pith instructions of profound key points:
To the collection of your speech—fine explanations all—I pray!

The lion's roar that is the beautiful speech of buddhas and bodhisattvas
Has prophesied that you, protector, will awaken
And be renowned as the guide Rirab Marmé Gyaltsen.
At that time may I and all parent beings gather
At the place of your enlightenment as youthful bodhisattvas,
And, having enjoyed the nectar of your true words,
Receive a prophecy of our very own —
That we too will attain the ten powers!

Thinking to alter the prayers of the one who was Mañjuśrī in person, Mipham Rinpoche, just a little, I, Maṅgala Śrībhūti (Tashi Paljor, Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche), wrote this supplication. May it serve as a cause for the sun of the wisdom lineage to rise and open the lotus blossom of our hearts!

Translated by Sean Price, 2016. Revised and edited for Lotsawa House.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Kris

Post by Kris »

:good:

This is a good one as well.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Lee ireland

Post by Lee ireland »

Thank you for all the suggestions 😊

Return to “Dzogchen”