Tigle Gyachen and Yeshe Lama

Pema Rigdzin

Tigle Gyachen and Yeshe Lama

Post by Pema Rigdzin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am

I remember reading somewhere that Tigle Gyachen is connected with Yeshe Lama; can anyone elaborate on that a little? In particular, it’s my impression that TG has its own empowerment separate from those of YL, so I’m assuming that despite receiving YL one would still need to receive the TG wang separately, or at least the lung, in order to practice that sadhana. Is that so? Can anyone clarify the nature of the historical relationship between these two transmissions?

heart

Re: Tigle Gyachen and Yeshe Lama

Post by heart » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:22 am

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am
I remember reading somewhere that Tigle Gyachen is connected with Yeshe Lama; can anyone elaborate on that a little? In particular, it’s my impression that TG has its own empowerment separate from those of YL, so I’m assuming that despite receiving YL one would still need to receive the TG wang separately, or at least the lung, in order to practice that sadhana. Is that so? Can anyone clarify the nature of the historical relationship between these two transmissions?
Well, in Khenpo Ngakchung's biography it is said that in order to do the practices in Yeshe Lama you need at least the Tigle Gyachen empowerment. Best is to get the "rigpai tsal wang" described in the Yesha Lama itself of course.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks, Magnus, but here I’m wondering if one got the opportunity to receive Yeshe Lama before. Tigle Gyachen, does Tigle Gyachen in fact have its own empowerment separate from the rigpai teal wang in Yeshe Lama? In other words, if one receives Yeshe Lama and then wants to practice Tigle Gyachen as one’s guru yoga, does one further have to receive the Tigle Gyachen empowerment to do so?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 pm
Thanks, Magnus, but here I’m wondering if one got the opportunity to receive Yeshe Lama before. Tigle Gyachen, does Tigle Gyachen in fact have its own empowerment separate from the rigpai teal wang in Yeshe Lama? In other words, if one receives Yeshe Lama and then wants to practice Tigle Gyachen as one’s guru yoga, does one further have to receive the Tigle Gyachen empowerment to do so?
Yes.
One needs at least the lung. Originally, Thigle Gyachen had no empowerment, but one was composed for it by Khyentse Wangpo.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Yes.
One needs at least the lung. Originally, Thigle Gyachen had no empowerment, but one was composed for it by Khyentse Wangpo.
Thanks, Malcolm. So if Tigle Gyachen originally had no empowerment, does that mean they originally relied on the rigpai tsal wang in Yeshe Lama for the empowerment?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Yes.
Thanks, Malcolm. So if Tigle Gyachen originally had no empowerment, does that mean they originally relied on the rigpai tsal wang in Yeshe Lama for the empowerment?
I am not sure.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Return to “Dzogchen”