Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Temicco

Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Temicco » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:46 pm

I'll have the chance to move cities in a few months, so I'm surveying the Buddhist centres in the different cities I'm considering. One such centre is associated with Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. I haven't heard of this teacher, so I was wanting to hear people's thoughts about him.

This particular centre holds retreats (e.g. for rushen) in surrounding areas, and I will have access to a remote cabin about an hour away, owned by my family, which I could use for solo retreats. Really, the circumstances are quite ideal, but I want to make sure that this teacher and lineage have no major controversies, and are legit. I intend to investigate the teacher and so on before taking empowerments anyway, but if there are any red flags then I want to know them now so that I can best decide which city to move to.
"Deliberate upon that which does not deliberate."
-Yaoshan Weiyan

"Right now if students are in fact truly genuine, source teachers can contact their potential and activate it with a single word or phrase, or a single act or scene."
-Yuanwu Keqin

Thomas Amundsen

Re: Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm

I don't know of any controversies around Gangteng Tulku. I along with a few of my teachers have received teachings and empowerments from Ganteng Tulku. I haven't been around him too much, but I was impressed with what I saw. Also Rinpoche has a three-year retreat program for Westerners somewhere in Asia, FYI. Also Rinpoche is a custodian of some major cycles revealed by Pema Lingpa, one of the five great terton kings.

https://yeshekhorlo.org/pemalingpalineage/

Temicco

Re: Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Temicco » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm
I don't know of any controversies around Gangteng Tulku. I along with a few of my teachers have received teachings and empowerments from Ganteng Tulku. I haven't been around him too much, but I was impressed with what I saw. Also Rinpoche has a three-year retreat program for Westerners somewhere in Asia, FYI. Also Rinpoche is a custodian of some major cycles revealed by Pema Lingpa, one of the five great terton kings.

https://yeshekhorlo.org/pemalingpalineage/
This is good to hear. Thank you!
"Deliberate upon that which does not deliberate."
-Yaoshan Weiyan

"Right now if students are in fact truly genuine, source teachers can contact their potential and activate it with a single word or phrase, or a single act or scene."
-Yuanwu Keqin

Return to “Dzogchen”