Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Temicco

Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Temicco »

I'll have the chance to move cities in a few months, so I'm surveying the Buddhist centres in the different cities I'm considering. One such centre is associated with Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. I haven't heard of this teacher, so I was wanting to hear people's thoughts about him.

This particular centre holds retreats (e.g. for rushen) in surrounding areas, and I will have access to a remote cabin about an hour away, owned by my family, which I could use for solo retreats. Really, the circumstances are quite ideal, but I want to make sure that this teacher and lineage have no major controversies, and are legit. I intend to investigate the teacher and so on before taking empowerments anyway, but if there are any red flags then I want to know them now so that I can best decide which city to move to.
"Deliberate upon that which does not deliberate."
-Yaoshan Weiyan (tr. chintokkong)

若覓真不動。動上有不動。
"Search for what it really is to be unmoving in what does not move amid movement."
-Huineng (tr. Mark Crosbie)

ཚེ་འདི་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ཆོས་པ་མིན། །
འཁོར་བ་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ངེས་འབྱུང་མིན། །
བདག་དོན་ལ་ཞེན་ན་བྱང་སེམས་མིན། །
འཛིན་པ་བྱུང་ན་ལྟ་བ་མིན། །
Thomas Amundsen

Re: Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

I don't know of any controversies around Gangteng Tulku. I along with a few of my teachers have received teachings and empowerments from Ganteng Tulku. I haven't been around him too much, but I was impressed with what I saw. Also Rinpoche has a three-year retreat program for Westerners somewhere in Asia, FYI. Also Rinpoche is a custodian of some major cycles revealed by Pema Lingpa, one of the five great terton kings.

https://yeshekhorlo.org/pemalingpalineage/
Temicco

Re: Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Temicco »

Thomas Amundsen wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm I don't know of any controversies around Gangteng Tulku. I along with a few of my teachers have received teachings and empowerments from Ganteng Tulku. I haven't been around him too much, but I was impressed with what I saw. Also Rinpoche has a three-year retreat program for Westerners somewhere in Asia, FYI. Also Rinpoche is a custodian of some major cycles revealed by Pema Lingpa, one of the five great terton kings.

https://yeshekhorlo.org/pemalingpalineage/
This is good to hear. Thank you!
"Deliberate upon that which does not deliberate."
-Yaoshan Weiyan (tr. chintokkong)

若覓真不動。動上有不動。
"Search for what it really is to be unmoving in what does not move amid movement."
-Huineng (tr. Mark Crosbie)

ཚེ་འདི་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ཆོས་པ་མིན། །
འཁོར་བ་ལ་ཞེན་ན་ངེས་འབྱུང་མིན། །
བདག་དོན་ལ་ཞེན་ན་བྱང་སེམས་མིན། །
འཛིན་པ་བྱུང་ན་ལྟ་བ་མིན། །

Return to “Dzogchen”