Vajrakilaya Practice

lelopa

Re: Vajrakilaya Practice

Post by lelopa »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:55 am
Kunzang Tobgyal wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 am All good Mano!

I just wanted to make it clear that "technically" speaking one can read without. Just so our original poster has an alternate answer for his query. But I wholeheartly agree that it is absolutely BEST to receive all the goods before diving in to such texts.

I'm WAY more of a don't bother until you get the goods type.
One can read them without empowerment in that one is capable of reading anything at all in this world. But according to tradition one is not *allowed* to read these books without first having received empowerment. Texts like these typically have this disclaimer in them, and I’m pretty sure these two specifically do. Lamas nowadays are in a predicament where they need to preserve these teachings and make them accessible to the qualified practitioners they’re intended for, so they do take a leap of faith that although they’ve published them publically that people will approach them appropriately. They seem to see the risk of them not being accessible to the right people outweighs the risk that the wrong people might also get their hands on them.
Who are the wrong people?
If it all don't work without empowerment, etc. where is the danger?
What about "self-secret"?
Lost In Transmission
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

lelopa wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 am
I thought it was obvious that I was saying "the wrong people" are simply those without empowerment for the practice. And I wasn't talking in terms of "danger," but rather stating what tradition stipulates. I suppose tradition does also say these teachings are guarded by the Dharma protectors, though. And what about "self-secret"?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:45 am
lelopa wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 am
I thought it was obvious that I was saying "the wrong people" are simply those without empowerment for the practice. And I wasn't talking in terms of "danger," but rather stating what tradition stipulates. I suppose tradition does also say these teachings are guarded by the Dharma protectors, though. And what about "self-secret"?
Yes... you didn't wrote "danger" but this is an argument which is often mentioned.
and when sometimes somebody says: "it works without empowerment" many others decline (i don't want to say shitstorm) that.
Good that you mentioned the Dharma protectors....
Lost In Transmission
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

LoveFromColorado wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 am Hi everyone,

Is there a Vajrakilaya practice that does not require empowerment? Additionally, are there any texts describing Vajrakilaya that do not require permission/empowerment for study?

Thank you!!
Garchen Rinpoche gives this Empowerment regularly of late.
LoveFromColorado

Post by LoveFromColorado »

Awesome! Does he teach via webcast and do you have a link by chance?

Return to “Dzogchen”