Backwards Ati

Josef

Re: Backwards Ati

Post by Josef »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:42 pm
Karma Dorje wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:16 pm Let’s not mock
Hey, if you can't mock dead lamas, who can you mock?
Yourself
Always the best option in my experience :)
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:42 pm
Karma Dorje wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:16 pm Let’s not mock
Hey, if you can't mock dead lamas, who can you mock?
Yourself
Variety is the spice of life. Seriously though, if a dead person says a stupid thing, it is not ennobled by their death. It’s still a stupid statement.
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Having read some of teachings by Trungpa, I found several of his explanations dubious - especially his teachings on thogal and his explanation of Buddha Nature; which he explains as us having been actual buddhas, but then we somehow forgot that we are buddhas - inmplying that buddhahood is impermanent.

Anyway I don´t want to get too much into discussion of these things, but my opinion is that Trugpa introduced several misconceptions into Western TB discourse which still continue to be circulated (mostly by his students and by people who read his books), so sooner or later this will have to be dealt with in one way or another for the sake of clarity and correct understanding.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

There are many better things to do with one’s time than try to guess what CTr meant in a comment without context delivered at an unknown time to an unknown audience...
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

PeterC wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm There are many better things to do with one’s time than try to guess what CTr meant in a comment without context delivered at an unknown time to an unknown audience...
Yep. Im not particulary fan of trungpas teachings but how easy is for people to have strong opinions about this things never ceases to amaze me
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

PeterC wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm There are many better things to do with one’s time than try to guess what CTr meant in a comment without context delivered at an unknown time to an unknown audience...
However, the fetishization of CTR's psychobabble as Dharma is not a positive thing.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Given that CTR is not around to defend against accusations and to explain the context and meaning of this statement, it would be fair (for all involved) to say that the time has now come to lock this thread.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Dzogchen”