Subtle body in Dzogchen

Norwegian

Re: Subtle body in Dzogchen

Post by Norwegian » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 pm
How would it require Longsal transmission? Be good to get some clarification on this.
This practice would require the transmission of the Longsal Saltong Lung, which is exactly what ChNN gave back in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006 (also in closed webcast).
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:56 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
How would it require Longsal transmission? Be good to get some clarification on this.
This practice would require the transmission of the Longsal Saltong Lung, which is exactly what ChNN gave back in 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2006 (also in closed webcast).
Is it the same practice from the seventh Lojong or not? I'll email someone for clarification as well.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:04 pm
Norwegian wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Is it the same practice from the seventh Lojong or not? I'll email someone for clarification as well.
I don't believe so. I'll double check when I get home. I believe that it is related to the seventh lojong, but seperate.
This is one of two books that I have that I bought before I realized they required specific transmission.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:40 pm

climb-up wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

I don't believe so. I'll double check when I get home. I believe that it is related to the seventh lojong, but seperate.
This is one of two books that I have that I bought before I realized they required specific transmission.
I thought there was one with this name at the end of the Guru Yoga book as well, but I don't have my stuff with me at the moment.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:40 pm
I thought there was one with this name at the end of the Guru Yoga book as well, but I don't have my stuff with me at the moment.
There isn't. The Longsal Saltong Lung teaching is found only in the Longsal Saltong Lung. When Rinpoche taught Longsal practices in webcast, they were pretty much always closed. Some he only taught once. Which is why for many it was difficult to receive all of the Longsal practices that Rinpoche taught, since it required basically being in the right place at the right time always (whether in person or in webcast). Also, Rinpoche's advice regarding the Longsal texts were that even in the bookstores of the gars, for example Dzamling Gar, these texts should be kept separate and out of reach so that those students of his who hadn't received these things, couldn't just randomly browse through them. He was very strict about it.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Sennin

Post by Sennin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:05 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
No it's a complete Longsal transmission.
In the past I emailed ChNNR directly if I needed this specific transmission to practice the instructions in that text or would Ati Guru Yoga transmission be sufficient. He replied that I needed the specific transmission.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 am

Norwegian wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:57 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:40 pm
There isn't. The Longsal Saltong Lung teaching is found only in the Longsal Saltong Lung. When Rinpoche taught Longsal practices in webcast, they were pretty much always closed. Some he only taught once. Which is why for many it was difficult to receive all of the Longsal practices that Rinpoche taught, since it required basically being in the right place at the right time always (whether in person or in webcast). Also, Rinpoche's advice regarding the Longsal texts were that even in the bookstores of the gars, for example Dzamling Gar, these texts should be kept separate and out of reach so that those students of his who hadn't received these things, couldn't just randomly browse through them. He was very strict about it.
I double checked and I see I was confused by names.

-James Low

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:10 am

climb-up wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Well, the above comments were quite authoritative, so I won't bother checking (probably won't look at the book anymore, unless I give it away or get a longsal empowerment somehow someday).

Tata1

Post by Tata1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:46 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Tata1 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:51 pm
Vasana wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:48 pm

It needs the respective Longsal transmission as far as I know, but best ask someone else for confirmation.
I thought so. Hope yeshi (or someone) starts giving longsal transmission soon
IIRC this practice is one of the seven Lojongs and is also in the Guru Yoga book, at least a variation....isn't it? How would it require Longsal transmission? Be good to get some clarification on this.

Anywho, on a related note I bought Fabio Anrdicos Khumbhaka DvD a while back, and that is well worth it. AFAIK this requires nothing but DI and the details on it are tremendous if one doesn't have access to someone in person for learning Khumbhaka, really glad I purchased it.
Definitly it will be my next purchase

Return to “Dzogchen”