Requesting Teachings

heart

Re: Requesting Teachings

Post by heart » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:06 am

climb-up wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 am
ChNN did teach non-Longsal Longde as well right? Or is that incorrect?
I was thinking that if I had a longde empowerment I could learn from the shang shung material that is not Longsal. I have a Longde book that I have only read the introduction of (I didn't realize it was a separate lung to practice when I bought it) so my plan has kind of been to someday receive the Longde empowerment and then read the book. ...maybe there is a flaw in this plan?
I got the Longde from the Dam Ngak Dzö so I actually emailed ChNNR about this once. He was a little doubtful but said I could try but that I should get the full teaching when there was an opportunity. That opportunity seems to have passed now, both for me and you. Also in the DC they practice Ngondzog Gyalpo as guru yoga, but I think there is a full sadhana in the Dam Ngak Dzö transmission.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

climb-up

Re: Requesting Teachings

Post by climb-up » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm

heart wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:06 am
climb-up wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:08 am
ChNN did teach non-Longsal Longde as well right? Or is that incorrect?
I was thinking that if I had a longde empowerment I could learn from the shang shung material that is not Longsal. I have a Longde book that I have only read the introduction of (I didn't realize it was a separate lung to practice when I bought it) so my plan has kind of been to someday receive the Longde empowerment and then read the book. ...maybe there is a flaw in this plan?
I got the Longde from the Dam Ngak Dzö so I actually emailed ChNNR about this once. He was a little doubtful but said I could try but that I should get the full teaching when there was an opportunity. That opportunity seems to have passed now, both for me and you. Also in the DC they practice Ngondzog Gyalpo as guru yoga, but I think there is a full sadhana in the Dam Ngak Dzö transmission.

/magnus
Ah, thank you for this information.
Well, I’m that case I’m going back to my original strategy of, as you suggested, doing what I have and if the Longsal teachings ever open up I’ll see what I can do.

Return to “Dzogchen”