Karling shitro complete sadhana english trans

bhava

Karling shitro complete sadhana english trans

Post by bhava » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 am

Does anyone know of an english translation of the full, complete sadhana of Karling shitro? Eventually Guhyagarba tantra sadhana?

tingdzin

Re: Karling shitro complete sadhana english trans

Post by tingdzin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Could you say, or link to a site that explains precisely what you are referring to? Tibetan title, perhaps?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 pm

bhava wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 am
Does anyone know of an english translation of the full, complete sadhana of Karling shitro? Eventually Guhyagarba tantra sadhana?
Yes, the late Gyurme Dorje;s Complete Tibetan Book of the Dead.

The Guhyagarbha does not have just one sadhana.

bhava

Post by bhava » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for your answers. Yes, zab chos zhi khro dgongs pa rang grol, Dr.Gyurme Dorjes complete translation is fine, however it does not seem to contain the liturgy or kyerim.
Perhaps I m wrong, but I have been expecting that in kyerim there is a standard meditation procedure of 3 samadhis, invoking deities, offerings, praises, mantras of deities etc etc. Instead there seem to be only shagpa or extended conffession entitled "bag chags rang grol" in terms of kyerim.

In terms of dzogrim in the complete cycle of karling zhitro there are so many things which are not included in Gyurme Dorjes complete translation..

As for the Guhyagarbha, I believe there should be a general sadhana, that is perhaps applied in Nyingma monasteries occasionally. From kama they occasionally practice Tshog chen dupa in Shechen, but otherwise I dont know...

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm

bhava wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 am
Thanks for your answers. Yes, zab chos zhi khro dgongs pa rang grol, Dr.Gyurme Dorjes complete translation is fine, however it does not seem to contain the liturgy or kyerim.
Perhaps I m wrong, but I have been expecting that in kyerim there is a standard meditation procedure of 3 samadhis, invoking deities, offerings, praises, mantras of deities etc etc. Instead there seem to be only shagpa or extended conffession entitled "bag chags rang grol" in terms of kyerim.

In terms of dzogrim in the complete cycle of karling zhitro there are so many things which are not included in Gyurme Dorjes complete translation..
Tsgog chen duspa is Anuyoga.

The daily sadhana begins on page 58. It is complete in every respect.

Generally, when this teaching is given, there is a very short sadhana which is handed out.

There are many teachings associated with this. The long sadhana is generally used for giving the empowerment. He did not include any of the empowerments, nor did he include the long sadhana. But other than that, his presentation is complete in terms of the standard texts which are used liturgically.

mandog

Post by mandog » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 pm

bhava wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 am
Do you have the empowerment? I know someone who translated and distributes the short sadhana to those with the empowerment.

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm
bhava wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:49 am

Tsgog chen duspa is Anuyoga.

The daily sadhana begins on page 58. It is complete in every respect.

Generally, when this teaching is given, there is a very short sadhana which is handed out.

There are many teachings associated with this. The long sadhana is generally used for giving the empowerment. He did not include any of the empowerments, nor did he include the long sadhana. But other than that, his presentation is complete in terms of the standard texts which are used liturgically.
I haven't seen this, but did he translate any of the JangChok material? There is a ton of stuff related to that, and as I understand it's appended to sadhana.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

bhava

Post by bhava » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:52 am

hi thanks for your answers- Yes I do have an empowerment and I do have a short sadhana. However a fellow practitioner asked me for a full sadhana. He is supposing it contains one by one the mantras of each of hundred peaceful and wrathful deities. He also has both Shitro and Guhyagarbha empowerments. I have also been wondering if nowadays the Karling shitro tradition is given mainly to carry on its transmission or whether there are actually guys who practice very precisely all stages of the cycle including kyerim, dzogrim, dzogchen sections... many major terma cycles have shitro..but I believe karling shitro is most extensive and complete one...

Yeti

Post by Yeti » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:16 am

bhava wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:52 am
hi thanks for your answers- Yes I do have an empowerment and I do have a short sadhana. However a fellow practitioner asked me for a full sadhana. He is supposing it contains one by one the mantras of each of hundred peaceful and wrathful deities. He also has both Shitro and Guhyagarbha empowerments. I have also been wondering if nowadays the Karling shitro tradition is given mainly to carry on its transmission or whether there are actually guys who practice very precisely all stages of the cycle including kyerim, dzogrim, dzogchen sections... many major terma cycles have shitro..but I believe karling shitro is most extensive and complete one...
Some shitros do not have all the inner tantras. I received another shitro and asked one of my teachers if I could attend his teachings... he said that unfortunately the shitro from the Nyingma Kahma did not have the ati yoga that the Karling shitro has.
"People are fond of saying all sorts of things about others behind their backs, mentioning their names again and again. Instead of slandering others in this way, “slander” the yidam: utter his name repeatedly by reciting his mantra all the time." - Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche - Zurchungpa’s Testament - Shambhala Publications

Return to “Dzogchen”