Dorje Drollo

Kzk69

Dorje Drollo

Post by Kzk69 »

Hi, anyone is practicing Dorje Trollo?
Last edited by Ayu on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to "Dorje Drollo"
Kzk69

Re: Dorje trollo

Post by Kzk69 »

Hi, anyone is practicing Dorje Trollo?
I noticed that during my personal retreat I'm accident-prone....
Is the Dorje Trollo practice Like the Vajrasattva practice which is not recommandable in travelling?
Josef

Post by Josef »

I did retreats of two different cycles of Drollo.
Some people note difficulties and obstacles arising but honestly, this is just a part of being a practitioner. Once one develops some capacity with Drollo or Kilaya these kinds of obstacles become far more manageable.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

Josef wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:25 pm I did retreats of two different cycles of Drollo.
Some people note difficulties and obstacles arising but honestly, this is just a part of being a practitioner. Once one develops some capacity with Drollo or Kilaya these kinds of obstacles become far more manageable.
Thank you !
tingdzin

Re: Dorje Drollo

Post by tingdzin »

Not to split hairs, since the question was satisfactorily answered, but the question might better have been posed in the Nyingma forum.
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

tingdzin wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:43 am Not to split hairs, since the question was satisfactorily answered, but the question might better have been posed in the Nyingma forum.
According to ChNNR Dorje Trollo is closely related to Dzogchen, this why I posted here,...
Why do You think that the answer is satisfactory?
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Well, you thanked the respondent. I thought that implied you were happy with his response.
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

tingdzin wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:48 pm Well, you thanked the respondent. I thought that implied you were happy with his response.
I thanked his good will to answer and his effort to help ...

Regards
javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t »

Kzk69 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm Hi, anyone is practicing Dorje Trollo?
maybe it would be good for you to make sure you are applying the method in the correct way.

it can be of help if you do a guardians practice before entering retreat.
Is the Dorje Trollo practice Like the Vajrasattva practice which is not recommandable in travelling?
i don't know. but you cannot go around unatenttive.
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:00 pm
maybe it would be good for you to make sure you are applying the method in the correct way.

it can be of help if you do a guardians practice before entering retreat.
i don't know. but you cannot go around unatenttive.

Thank you !
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

I have always been interested in Dorje Drollo. What does the practice look like? Does it consist of a specific mantra? I have been a Ngondro practice for a long time now, but I have not come across anything Dorje Drollo related other than maybe 'Barche Lamsel - the Prayer that dispels all obstacles'. Thank you for posting.
Crazywisdom

Post by Crazywisdom »

It is a very blessed method. It is rapid and sometimes leave you feeling dizzy if samadhi is new for you. It helps to go slowly and gently. This is for removing obstacles to buddha activities. I rely on it for very difficult moments and removing illusions. Drollo tends to be held in high regard and treated with secrecy and care.
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

jake5521 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm I have always been interested in Dorje Drollo. What does the practice look like? Does it consist of a specific mantra? I have been a Ngondro practice for a long time now, but I have not come across anything Dorje Drollo related other than maybe 'Barche Lamsel - the Prayer that dispels all obstacles'. Thank you for posting.
Or maybe I'm wrong? Dorje Drollo isnt inside barche lamsel?
Josef

Post by Josef »

jake5521 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 am
jake5521 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:47 pm I have always been interested in Dorje Drollo. What does the practice look like? Does it consist of a specific mantra? I have been a Ngondro practice for a long time now, but I have not come across anything Dorje Drollo related other than maybe 'Barche Lamsel - the Prayer that dispels all obstacles'. Thank you for posting.
Barche lamsel is a prayer to invoke the activities of Guru Rinpoche, so in a general way Drollo is included since that is a form of Guru Rinpoche. It isnt a Drollo practice however.
There are many different terma of Drollo, in order to practice them one need wang, lung, and tri from a qualified guru.
Kye ma!
Beautiful and repulsive.
heart

Post by heart »

Josef wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:39 pm
Barche lamsel is a prayer to invoke the activities of Guru Rinpoche, so in a general way Drollo is included since that is a form of Guru Rinpoche. It isnt a Drollo practice however.
There are many different terma of Drollo, in order to practice them one need wang, lung, and tri from a qualified guru.
Actually there is Drollo in Barche lamsel, at least the long Barche lamsel from Tukdrub Barche Kunsel. Tukdrub Barche Kunsel is a huge terma that include many forms of practice on Guru Rinpoche, also Drollo.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Actually there is Drollo in Barche lamsel, at least the long Barche lamsel from Tukdrub Barche Kunsel. Tukdrub Barche Kunsel is a huge terma that include many forms of practice on Guru Rinpoche, also Drollo.

/magnus
Thus "drollo is included".
Kye ma!
Beautiful and repulsive.
heart

Post by heart »

Josef wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:06 pm
heart wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm

/magnus
Thus "drollo is included".
Sorry if I was unclear, Drollo is one of the 12 manifestations in the Barche Lamsel (that cover the main mandala of the Tukdrub Barche Kunsel) and there is also a sadhana.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

Crazywisdom wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:31 pm
It is a very blessed method. It is rapid and sometimes leave you feeling dizzy if samadhi is new for you. It helps to go slowly and gently. This is for removing obstacles to buddha activities. I rely on it for very difficult moments and removing illusions. Drollo tends to be held in high regard and treated with secrecy and care.
Thank you !
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

It is a terma of Adzom Drugpa, mantra and action mantra...
Kzk69

Post by Kzk69 »

Thank you !

Return to “Dzogchen”