trevor

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by trevor » Sun May 27, 2012 6:38 am

Malcolm wrote:here you go...
Thank you :thanks:

Josef

Post by Josef » Sun May 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Is anybody else catching the hilarious webcast of people dancing while they play Tibetan songs and Rinpoche sings?

Edit:
Looks like it just ended.
It was really cute.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

davyji

Post by davyji » Sun May 27, 2012 5:09 pm

What is a gar of reference? In reference to joining DC.
love light space
dave
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN

Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu » Sun May 27, 2012 6:01 pm

When you join DC, you always join through a Gar. I, for instance, am affiliated with Merigar West.
Usually you affiliate yourself with the Gar closer to you, for practical purposes.

Here's a list:

GARS

Merigar West - Europe (Italy) http://www.dzogchen.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merigar East - Europe (Romania) http://www.dzogchen.ro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kunsangar South - Ukraina http://www.dzogchencommunity.ru" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tsegyalgar East - North America (Massachusetts, USA) http://www.tsegyalgareast.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tsegyalgar West - North America (Baja, Mexico) http://www.tsegyalgarwest.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tashigar Norte - South America (Venezuela) http://www.tashigarnorte.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tashigar Sur - South America (Argentina) http://www.tashigar-sur.com.ar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Namgyalgar - Oceania (Australia) http://www.dzogchen.org.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a link for a longer list including lings:
http://www.dzogchen.it/communities-worldwide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davyji

Post by davyji » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Thank you Dechen
dave
Working with the raw elements (air earth fire water space)is a process of connecting with the external elements and internalizing their qualities.
Ultimately we can merge with the element. We connect the external quality with the internal quality and then dissolve the distinctions.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche

The essence of the elements is light
ChNN

Finney

Post by Finney » Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am

I'm looking ahead to the retreats over the next several months but can't figure out what some of them are about. Some I get the gist of (Samantabhadra, Garuda, Chenrezi, Longsal Longde, Chod, Zhitro), a couple I've been able to look up some info about (Jnanadhakini, Guru Dragphur) but there are still several that I know nothing about and can find no information on either. Can anyone help? Unfortunately, the list is longer than I'd like but any little bits of info (or pointers to where I can find info) would be most helpful.

The list:
Longsal Teaching "Jyodba Ronyom"
"Dzogchen Nallug" Teaching
Man-ngag Tag-drol Gyud terma teaching
Longsal Atií Nadzer
Longsal Atii Gongpa Gojyed
Longsal Atii Lam-gyi Ngondro
Longsal Atii Gongpa ngotrod teaching

Thanks!
Finn

krodha

Post by krodha » Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 am

Finney wrote:I'm looking ahead to the retreats over the next several months but can't figure out what some of them are about. Some I get the gist of (Samantabhadra, Garuda, Chenrezi, Longsal Longde, Chod, Zhitro), a couple I've been able to look up some info about (Jnanadhakini, Guru Dragphur) but there are still several that I know nothing about and can find no information on either. Can anyone help? Unfortunately, the list is longer than I'd like but any little bits of info (or pointers to where I can find info) would be most helpful.

The list:
Longsal Atií Nadzer

Thanks!
Finn
Honestly there's probably no way you'll find anything on the longsal/terma teachings apart from purchasing the longsal books and/or receiving the teachings from Rinpoche... None of it's intended to be (nor should it be) public knowledge or publicly accessible. Good for you for being so interested in the teachings though!

Finney

Post by Finney » Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 am

asunthatneversets wrote:Honestly there's probably no way you'll find anything on the longsal/terma teachings apart from purchasing the longsal books and/or receiving the teachings from Rinpoche... None of it's intended to be (nor should it be) public knowledge or publicly accessible. Good for you for being so interested in the teachings though!
Thanks, sun. I recently became a DC member. I attended the SoV webcast and afterwards couldn't join fast enough. Currently I'm doing the Longde retreat and it's been amazing, too. I have several books but not the Longsal stuff (though I just order the Longsal Longde commentary). I haven't bought other Longsal texts b/c I thought that you weren't supposed to order books until you'd received wang/lung/instructions from Rinpoche first. Do I have things backwards?

Also, is it inappropriate to ask about this on the forum? Note that I'm not looking for details just generalities (e.g. it's about: semde, an anuyoga empowerment, yantra yoga related, etc). :smile:

Mr. G

Post by Mr. G » Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am

Finney wrote: Also, is it inappropriate to ask about this on the forum? Note that I'm not looking for details just generalities (e.g. it's about: semde, an anuyoga empowerment, yantra yoga related, etc). :smile:
Ask away. :smile:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Mon May 28, 2012 11:06 am

[quote=Finney]I'm looking ahead to the retreats over the next several months but can't figure out what some of them are about. Some I get the gist of (Samantabhadra, Garuda, Chenrezi, Longsal Longde, Chod, Zhitro), a couple I've been able to look up some info about (Jnanadhakini, Guru Dragphur) but there are still several that I know nothing about and can find no information on either. Can anyone help? Unfortunately, the list is longer than I'd like but any little bits of info (or pointers to where I can find info) would be most helpful.

The list:
Longsal Atií Nadzer

Thanks!
Finn[/quote]

Some of these you can roughly guess I think -- Tag-drol probably means it has something to do with liberation by touch and ngondro has to do with ngondro.

Finney

Post by Finney » Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Sherlock wrote:Some of these you can roughly guess I think -- Tag-drol probably means it has something to do with liberation by touch and ngondro has to do with ngondro.
True, and all the Longsal retreats clearly have something to do with Rinpoche's rediscovered cycle of teachings. I'd looked up Tag-drol online but came up with nothing more than a list of several liberation types via the senses (as you say, this one is liberation by touch). And as for ngondro, what are these preliminaries preliminary for? I just can't tell.

It could very well be that these particular teachings haven't been offered before and so it's not widely understood what they're about. I was just hoping to orient myself a bit to what Rinpoche would be giving us. :smile:

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Tagdrol is specifically liberation by touch, not hearing or sight or taste or smell. Ngondro is probably ngondro for the Longsal cycle.

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Mon May 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Rinpoche just gave a lung of Ngondzog Gyalpo's mantra with "rulu rulu bhyo" in the middle, is this in the Longde book for anyone who has it?

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Mon May 28, 2012 2:24 pm

What are they currently chanting now at the end? Is it a long life prayer specifically for Rinpoche?

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon May 28, 2012 3:32 pm

I ordered a copy of My Reincarnation this weekend. Can't wait to see it - the clips of material that got left out are fascinating enough...
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Kilaya.

Post by Kilaya. » Mon May 28, 2012 4:20 pm

Sherlock wrote:What are they currently chanting now at the end? Is it a long life prayer specifically for Rinpoche?
It is a prayer for the long life of teachers in general. It is commonly used by all Vajrayana traditions.
Look at those charlatans, madly engaged
in fervent argument.
- Milarepa

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Doesn't sound like the one from the ganapuja which we did just a few minutes before that.

Pero

Post by Pero » Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Finney wrote:Longsal Teaching "Jyodba Ronyom"
The Upadesha of the behaviour of the equal taste. Special practices for liberating the five poisons.
Longsal Atií Nadzer
Main points of Ati. It's a short text on the main points of ati (view, meditation etc.), just one page. However, Rinpoche made a commentary on it so I think he's going to teach from that as he already has some time ago. Part of it for example is an explanation of the semdzins.
Opening of the gate to the state of Ati. It is a form of purification of 6 lokas.
Longsal Dzogchen preliminaries, detailing a form of purification of 6 lokas combined with Vajrasatva. But text mentions also other rushan and semdzin.
Introduction to the state of Ati is an explanation of 4 yogas of semde, also combined with upadesha.
I think sharing this much should be OK (please someone correct me if not), but I can't share any more. Yes, you shouldn't read these if you didn't receive either the specific teaching or the root initiation of Longsal.
In any case they're all great.

No idea about the others. But I think just because it's called "tagdrol" it doesn't mean it'll be just about liberation through wearing.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

florin

Post by florin » Mon May 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Can someone advice which of the two books on longde from the shangshung shop is more representative of the teachings given over this weekend?
The two books appear to be a little different and i dont know which one to get.

1."The Root Upadesha of the Vajra Bridge of Longde"
2."Longde Teachings Based on the Original Texts by Vairochana and D"
“The path of the supreme yoga it is not the path of accomplished sages of the past. Whoever enters onto the path of the sages of the past will end up gripped by the sicknesses of the path - meditation, attachment, and exertion.”Thig le drug pa.

“Everything of the universe of saṃsāra and nirvāṇa arises as the enlightened energy of the one self-perfected Natural Presence. But these teachers still mistakenly teach that disciples should fabricate enlightenment by applying discipline, renunciation, interruption, purification and transformation”.

Josef

Post by Josef » Mon May 28, 2012 6:13 pm

alpha wrote:Can someone advice which of the two books on longde from the shangshung shop is more representative of the teachings given over this weekend?
The two books appear to be a little different and i dont know which one to get.

1."The Root Upadesha of the Vajra Bridge of Longde"
2."Longde Teachings Based on the Original Texts by Vairochana and D"
Just get both.
Or if you are choosing just one make sure its the one with Rinpoche's commentary.
The Root Upadesha.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

Return to “Dzogchen”