Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Thomas Amundsen

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Jikan wrote: I very much enjoyed meeting tomamundsen & Josef among others at the LA retreat, by the way. Hope our paths cross again.
Absolutely. The pleasure's all on this side of the table, trust me. :smile:
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

Karma Dorje wrote:The Tsegyalgar East retreat coming up July 4th-10th does not list whether it will be webcast. Does anyone know whether it will be? Will it be open or closed if so?

TIA
I bought the materials (books, CD, etc) in preparation for the retreat, I can let you know they were restricted, and offered with the contingency that whomever buys them would actually attend the retreat, so... my guess, based on that experience, is that the retreat will probably be a "closed" one... just thinking that the web cast will prolly go that way, although I could be wrong. :thinking: :smile:
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

T. Chokyi wrote:
Karma Dorje wrote:The Tsegyalgar East retreat coming up July 4th-10th does not list whether it will be webcast. Does anyone know whether it will be? Will it be open or closed if so?

TIA
I bought the materials (books, CD, etc) in preparation for the retreat, I can let you know they were restricted, and offered with the contingency that whomever buys them would actually attend the retreat, so... my guess, based on that experience, is that the retreat will probably be a "closed" one... just thinking that the web cast will prolly go that way, although I could be wrong. :thinking: :smile:

There is no mention of a webcast in The Mirror so maybe there just isn't one and you are expected to attend in person.
Left
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

The American Shang Shung Store says
This book is intended only for those who have received the related transmissions of the teaching from the Master. If you do not yet have the transmission, but commit to receive it in Conway, MA in July, 2012, or by live webcast of that teaching, then you may purchase this item.
So there probably will be a webcast..
Pero

Post by Pero »

T. Chokyi wrote:I bought the materials (books, CD, etc) in preparation for the retreat, I can let you know they were restricted, and offered with the contingency that whomever buys them would actually attend the retreat, so... my guess, based on that experience, is that the retreat will probably be a "closed" one... just thinking that the web cast will prolly go that way, although I could be wrong.
Nah, that doen't mean it'll be a closed one. In fact when Rinpoche gave this teaching a couple years back it was an open webcast. What it means is just that if you want to read these books and do the practice you need to receive the transmission. Same as for everything else, except this is not given so often.
So for open and closed we'll just have to wait and see (if there even is one, I hope what Sherlock posted is correct).
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

What is the function of this Thugthig of Jnanadhakini practice, and why is it given so rarely?
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I too hope there is a webcast:

The description of the book from SSI says:

''This book, based on teachings given in Crimea (2005), at Merigar (2005), and at Namgyalgar (2009), combines instructions conveying a general understanding of the three paths of liberation (Sutra, Tantra, and Dzogchen) with detailed teachings on the Guru Jnanadakini practice, part of the Longchen Osal Khandroi Nyingthig series. Before learning about the practice of Jnanadakini, it is important to understand what is meant by Jnanadakini. We should not think of her as a kind of lady or a sort of statue. Jñanadakini is related with our knowledge, our understanding. The instant presence we talk about is Jnanadakini. If we are not in that state, Jñanadakini does not exist. She is the essence of all Jnanadakinis or wisdom dakinis, the union of all three kayas. The dharmakaya aspect is Samantabhadri; the sambhogakaya aspect is Guhyajnana (Sangwa Yeshe in Tibetan); one nirmanakaya manifestation is Gomadevi and another is Mandarava. Her real essence is the state of our teacher manifesting in the form of the Wisdom Dakini. This is why we call her Guru Jnanadakini.''

Is there is a relationship with Vajrayogini as a wisdom being ?
Left
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I believe it's the root initiation for the whole Longsal cycle. So if you receive it, you can practise the other Longsal practices as well.

BTW I've been doing the Guruyoga of the White A with Guru Garab Dorje instead of the Tun book practices. I found it much more powerful personally maybe because it is part of the Longsal cycle. However, in Mantras and Invocations, there is an Invocation of Peaceful Vajrapani included after Garab Dorje's invocation, how does one incorporate this into the practice?
Last edited by Sherlock on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Hm, I considered it a secondary practice and thought it has some specific function (like this umbrella example).
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:I believe it's the root initiation for the whole Longsal cycle. So if you receive it, you can practise the other Longsal practices as well.
Hmmm, I don't think so. The root initiation is a formal initiation that isn't given through the webcast.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Pero wrote:
Sherlock wrote:I believe it's the root initiation for the whole Longsal cycle. So if you receive it, you can practise the other Longsal practices as well.
Hmmm, I don't think so. The root initiation is a formal initiation that isn't given through the webcast.
Malcolm said in a post around December that it was given through the webcast then, I didn't watch that webcast so I'm not exactly sure.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Sorry, my mistake, Malcolm was talking about a specific Longsal transmission, not the root initiation.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

OK it's not the root initation it's this:
25. The Wish-Fulfilling Jewel, Thigle of the Mind of the Guru Wisdom Dakini (Bla ma ye shes mkha' 'gro'i thugs thig yid bzhin nor bu), Longsal Teachings, Volume Seven, pp. 61-135:
♦ Crimea, Ukraine, June 8-12, 2005
♦ Merigar West, Italy, August 10-16, 2005
♦ Namgyalgar, Australia, February 9-15, 2009
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Well, still noone said what is its function :P
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Jacob wrote:Well, still noone said what is its function :P
What is the function of instant presence? :?
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Karma Dorje wrote:
No, not that :P As i understand it, thugthig of Jnanadhakini is some secondary practice, with visualization, mantra etc. so I thought it has some specific function like practice of Tara, Odzer Chenma, Mandarava etc. I cannot make it any more clear, my english has exhausted :D
Last edited by Jacob on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ogyen

Post by Ogyen »

Karma Dorje wrote:What is the function of instant presence? :?
Instant presence. :tongue:
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive - nosce te ipsum

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Pero

Post by Pero »

Buddhahood.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Jacob wrote:
Karma Dorje wrote:
No, not that :P As i understand it, thugthig of Jnanadhakini is some secondary practice, with visualization, mantra etc. so I thought it has some specific function like practice of Tara, Odzer Chenma, Mandarava etc. I cannot make it any more clear, my english has exhausted :D
Don't forget all these secondary practices can also lead to Buddahood by themselves. Through them you can also recognize your real nature. And for a Dzogchen practitioner they too can be a main practice. As for the Thugthig, there are some specific results described, but no one can share them until you've received the transmission.
- Shabkar
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Thank you ;) I hope this teaching will be webcasted.

Return to “Dzogchen”