Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

liuzg150181

Re: Update on Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s Program

Post by liuzg150181 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Malcolm wrote:Dear All,

Our dear Maestro Chögyal Namkhai Norbu is continuing his convalescence and his health is steadily improving.

He has decided not to undertake the journey planned for Asia and to remain at Merigar. This is for various reasons and various obstacles that are manifesting in connection with this journey.

The Gakyil of Merigar

http://melong.com/chogyal-namkhai-norbu-program-update/
Good to know he is recovering,however:
"This is for various reasons and various obstacles that are manifesting in connection with this journey."
Smth to do with samaya issues in Asia? :o

Josef

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Josef » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 pm

liuzg150181 wrote:
TaTa wrote:I was really hoping to see him this year in argentina :crying:
I was hoping to meet him this year in Malaysia and Hong Kong. :crying:
Guess for now,I shall meet Vajrayana teachers passing by my country. :shrug:
Follow the webcasts when they are available.
It took me several years to "meet" Rinpoche in person, during that time I followed webcasts and practiced.
Meeting him confirmed the power of his transmission that I had already received.
He webcasts for this reason, because he knows he can reach us through the medium of technology.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:51 am

Josef wrote:
liuzg150181 wrote:
TaTa wrote:I was really hoping to see him this year in argentina :crying:
I was hoping to meet him this year in Malaysia and Hong Kong. :crying:
Guess for now,I shall meet Vajrayana teachers passing by my country. :shrug:
Follow the webcasts when they are available.
It took me several years to "meet" Rinpoche in person, during that time I followed webcasts and practiced.
Meeting him confirmed the power of his transmission that I had already received.
He webcasts for this reason, because he knows he can reach us through the medium of technology.
Sure will continue to do so,otherwise shall fly to Meriger personally(or anywhere where Rinpoche shall teach),if circumstances permit.

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:04 pm

This is from an old thread in Vajracakra http://www.vajracakra.com/viewtopic.php ... =10#p33940
Malcolm wrote:Recommended books now that you have transmission:

Guruyoga
Song of the Vajra
Crystal and the Way of Light
Precious Vase.

And of course, you need to learn the thuns.
Which thuns are these? I've been told that the thuns in the book 'The Tun and the Ganapuja' http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 07786.html cannot be practiced without the specific empowerments.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu - ECLIPSE EDITION

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:04 am

Any particular recommended things to do during the upcoming eclipse?
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:44 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Any particular recommended things to do during the upcoming eclipse?

http://www.jungcircle.com/mist/buddhism.htm

THE PRAYER OF THE ALL–GOOD BUDDHA

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:26 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:Any particular recommended things to do during the upcoming eclipse?
Singing the Song of the Vajra.

In particular, this si good to do at important astrological times, such as new moons, full moons, and eclipses, and important lunar dates, like the 10'th and so on.

Kevin
Last edited by Virgo on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:28 am

Guru Yoga.

Vasana

Post by Vasana » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:01 am

PM'd with what the D.C calendar it's self says. Also, + 1 for the prayer of Kuntuzangpo
Prayer of Kuntuzangpo (Tib. ཀུན་བཟང་སྨོན་ལམ་, Kunzang Mönlam; Wyl. kun bzang smon lam) — a famous Dzogchen aspiration prayer from the Gongpa Zangthal. It is to be recited especially during a solar or lunar eclipse, an earthquake or at the solstices.
"The changing cycle of joy and sorrow, like the changing seasons –
As a time of suffering will surely come around to me,
May I truly practice the sublime teachings."
- Dudjom Rinpoche

TaTa

Post by TaTa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Vasana wrote:
PM'd with what the D.C calendar it's self says. Also, + 1 for the prayer of Kuntuzangpo
Prayer of Kuntuzangpo (Tib. ཀུན་བཟང་སྨོན་ལམ་, Kunzang Mönlam; Wyl. kun bzang smon lam) — a famous Dzogchen aspiration prayer from the Gongpa Zangthal. It is to be recited especially during a solar or lunar eclipse, an earthquake or at the solstices.
Can i get that pm?

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Can someone tell me if Vajra breathing is described in detail in any specific book? I am not sure I am understanding it correctly as it is explained in the Guruyoga book.

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:56 am

Aryjna wrote:Can someone tell me if Vajra breathing is described in detail in any specific book? I am not sure I am understanding it correctly as it is explained in the Guruyoga book.
There is not much to doing it, I will pm you.

Kevin

Jyotish

Post by Jyotish » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:51 am

Guys a question? This may have been addressed in previous posts in this thread but lacking time to find exact post.

So for the upcoming November webcast which I have never attended before, it is DI right?

Since the DI in dzongchen does require a theoretical understanding to some extent as well and because the theory differs from other systems such as Lamdre I'm wondering if receiving this transmission negatively affects involvement in pointing out systems of other traditions. One specific concern I can think of is in some systems "everything is mind" is the basic understanding which may not be true in dzogchen. I find it confusing that what is pointed out during these DI is same when the assumptions are different. Any comments? May be people have had experience attending DI in different traditions. Thank you so much!

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 am

Jyotish wrote:Guys a question? This may have been addressed in previous posts in this thread but lacking time to find exact post.

So for the upcoming November webcast which I have never attended before, it is DI right?

Since the DI in dzongchen does require a theoretical understanding to some extent as well and because the theory differs from other systems such as Lamdre I'm wondering if receiving this transmission negatively affects involvement in pointing out systems of other traditions. One specific concern I can think of is in some systems "everything is mind" is the basic understanding which may not be true in dzogchen. I find it confusing that what is pointed out during these DI is same when the assumptions are different. Any comments? May be people have had experience attending DI in different traditions. Thank you so much!
What assumtions that may be different? Norbu Rinnpoche is very clear in his explanations.

Jyotish

Post by Jyotish » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Jyotish wrote:Guys a question? This may have been addressed in previous posts in this thread but lacking time to find exact post.

What assumtions that may be different? Norbu Rinnpoche is very clear in his explanations.

By assumptions I mean theoretical claims are different in different Tibetan schools. For example as far as a I understand "everything is mind' a clear central to Lamdre is not so in Dzogchen. So would that be confusing to someone whose primary practice is in sakya school?

heart

Post by heart » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:47 pm

Jyotish wrote:
amanitamusc wrote:

By assumptions I mean theoretical claims are different in different Tibetan schools. For example as far as a I understand "everything is mind' a clear central to Lamdre is not so in Dzogchen. So would that be confusing to someone whose primary practice is in sakya school?
It can be, depends on you. Great masters like Khyentse Wangpo and Jamgon Kongtrul and so on didn't get confused.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Josef

Post by Josef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:46 pm

There is no negative impact in receiving Dzogchen introduction.
It's a transmission of knowledge of your natural state, its really not considered to be a theoretical understanding at all.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 am

Are there any DC practices/mantras that would be particularly appropriate prior to a formal session of Dharma study? Anything conducive to memory, focus, understanding etc?

Vasana

Post by Vasana » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:13 am

dharmafootsteps wrote:Are there any DC practices/mantras that would be particularly appropriate prior to a formal session of Dharma study? Anything conducive to memory, focus, understanding etc?
9 breathings and Element purification. Rinpoche often relays that the elements mantra helped him memorizing long root texts when he studying at a Sakya college.

More here:
http://melong.com/purification-breath-mantra/
"The changing cycle of joy and sorrow, like the changing seasons –
As a time of suffering will surely come around to me,
May I truly practice the sublime teachings."
- Dudjom Rinpoche