Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Aryjna

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Aryjna »

Tongnyid Dorje wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm well, its sounds like He is not coming back to Merigar again...
He says in the end of the article that he will be back there next summer.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Miroku wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Deleted - already answered while I was posting.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Malcolm wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Mantrik wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm Deleted - already answered while I was posting.
Thank you, guys! :namaste:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Which was the main female deity?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mantrik wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm
Simhamukha.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:47 pm
Mantrik wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Simhamukha.
Thanks. :)

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

On the WWT DVD there is an explanation of the transmission for each of the three anniversaries, along with recordings of the actual practices. Obviously it's OK to watch the instructions for receiving transmission prior to doing so, but what about watching the actual practice itself, in order to learn the melodies and mudras. Is that OK, or were they only for watching 'live' when Rinpoche was actually giving transmission (i.e. the old style of watching the video at the same time, before transmissions started to be broadcast online)?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

dharmafootsteps wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

On the WWT DVD there is an explanation of the transmission for each of the three anniversaries, along with recordings of the actual practices. Obviously it's OK to watch the instructions for receiving transmission prior to doing so, but what about watching the actual practice itself, in order to learn the melodies and mudras. Is that OK, or were they only for watching 'live' when Rinpoche was actually giving transmission (i.e. the old style of watching the video at the same time, before transmissions started to be broadcast online)?
Well, I belive it is okay. Explaining is nice and all, however it is good to be familiar with the melodies and stuff so one can relax a bit.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
In most sources it say`s A A SHA SA MA HA, yet N.N.Norbu Rinpoche uses Ha A HA SHA SA MA, can anyone tell me what`s the reason behind that, is it from different termas? I would welcome some explanation. Thnx
heart

Post by heart »

SuryaMitra wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
In most sources it say`s A A SHA SA MA HA, yet N.N.Norbu Rinpoche uses Ha A HA SHA SA MA, can anyone tell me what`s the reason behind that, is it from different termas? I would welcome some explanation. Thnx
Different Tantras give different versions: http://www.buddhavisions.com/wp-content ... eality.pdf

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Miroku wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am
dharmafootsteps wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

Well, I belive it is okay. Explaining is nice and all, however it is good to be familiar with the melodies and stuff so one can relax a bit.
Great, thank you.
ratna

Post by ratna »

SuryaMitra wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
Rinpoche's version is found in Changchub Dorje's termas, but also in many older teachings such as Lama Yangtik, Lama Gongdü, Karling Shitro, Ratna Lingpa's Longsal, etc.

R
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

How does dissolution work in anu yoga practices? For example if i want to do a simple deity practice, i do Ati Gy, then invocation, self visualizstion and mantra and when im done i just drop everything or is there some sort of dissolution?
Tolya M

Post by Tolya M »

SuryaMitra, it is not HA it is low A according to DC phonetic transcription. a (low tone) A HA SHA SA MA.

PS maybe you already know this
Kelwin

Post by Kelwin »

Why the change?
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TaTa wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 pm How does dissolution work in anu yoga practices? For example if i want to do a simple deity practice, i do Ati Gy, then invocation, self visualizstion and mantra and when im done i just drop everything or is there some sort of dissolution?
Depends on the sadhana.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Kelwin wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm
Why the change?

One reason is: Dragphur especially "controls" Sinmo & Gyalpo.
This was made clear at the GD-Tonwang in Germany 1991 (or maybe it was 1992).
Lost In Transmission
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Bump - Reminder of Adzom Drugpa WWT tomorrow. :)

''Our dear Master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
will give the Guruyoga Transmission to all of us

Monday, November 13th, 2017
12:00:00 [noon] [gmt+0:00]
WWT Anniversary of Adzom Drugpa

You’re more then welcome at:
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/

Please, check your time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

With warm and kind regards

Webcast Team''