Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Mantrik

Re: ChNN WEBCAST TOMORROW

Post by Mantrik » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm

No luck. Never happened before - I've always caught part of a webcast.
Must have crashed judging by comments above. Hopefully will be a replay available.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

oldbob

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by oldbob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Missed the webcast. Can someone sum up the key points ref any changes to the Shang Shung Foundation.

http://melong.com/birth-of-the-shang-shung-foundation/

Thanks, oldbob

Norwegian

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Norwegian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 pm

oldbob wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:50 pm
Missed the webcast. Can someone sum up the key points ref any changes to the Shang Shung Foundation.

http://melong.com/birth-of-the-shang-shung-foundation/

Thanks, oldbob
There was no webcast. Perhaps problems with the server or whatever. I am sure we'll have Rinpoche's words put out in the proper channels, like Mirror, Norbunet, and so on soon enough.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Due to a technical issue on the vendor side, the streaming service was not available on December 1st. We are working to find out what happened and how to fix it asap. We apologize for the issue and will keep you updated.

The webcast Team

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Miroku wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:53 am
Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 am
What empowerment is it to?
No empowerment Rinpoche is gonna talk about shang shung which is his foundation. Just read, dude.
Doesn't seem important to me. Why do we have to waste time on that? If It's advice on practice, okay, but on the foundations? I don't understand.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:42 pm
Miroku wrote:
Tenma wrote:
No empowerment Rinpoche is gonna talk about shang shung which is his foundation. Just read, dude.
Doesn't seem important to me. Why do we have to waste time on that? If It's advice on practice, okay, but on the foundations? I don't understand.
If you're not a student of Rinpoche nor part of the Dzogchen Community, perhaps you should mind your own business. Your comment is a stupid comment. If Rinpoche has something to say that he wants to announce directly to his students, regarding his activity or the activity of the community or SSI, etc. then it's always important for his students, and it's not a waste of time.

But, if you're not a student of his, then this does not affect you. And you can do something else.

Virgo

Post by Virgo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Tenma wrote:
Miroku wrote:
Tenma wrote:
Because the SSI is very important in preserving Tibetan Culture and sciences such as Medicine and so on. Rinpoche has accomplished great things with the SSI, and it is tied intimately to the lives of many of his students.

Kevin
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxPcu7F7gWg

http://caretoclick.com/clean-the-enviro ... -phone-use

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm
Tenma wrote:
Miroku wrote:

If you're not a student of Rinpoche nor part of the Dzogchen Community, perhaps you should mind your own business. Your comment is a stupid comment. If Rinpoche has something to say that he wants to announce directly to his students, regarding his activity or the activity of the community or SSI, etc. then it's always important for his students, and it's not a waste of time.

But, if you're not a student of his, then this does not affect you. And you can do something else.
I'm only saying because there still isn't a single lama I can go to for an empowerment. Webcasts are the only way and Garchen Rinpoche's webcasts didn't quite have the deity I was looking for. The Saraswati webcast is by a gyalpo lama(Ganden Rinpoche) and that is all! You expect me to be able to find a lama at such obstacles? ChNN's webcasts are limited from what I found and protected with high prices. Why don't you get in my shoes and see what I have to go through if you're going to make these kinds of comments?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm
ChNN's webcasts are limited from what I found and protected with high prices.
No, they are free, actually,
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm
Tenma wrote:
I mean as in that, and also are protected only to members. Can't access.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Tenma wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Tenma wrote:

I'm only saying because there still isn't a single lama I can go to for an empowerment. Webcasts are the only way and Garchen Rinpoche's webcasts didn't quite have the deity I was looking for. The Saraswati webcast is by a gyalpo lama(Ganden Rinpoche) and that is all! You expect me to be able to find a lama at such obstacles? ChNN's webcasts are limited from what I found and protected with high prices. Why don't you get in my shoes and see what I have to go through if you're going to make these kinds of comments?
Rinpoche will teach Atiyoga via webcast December 28th, 2017 – January 1, 2018 and you can receive direct introduction empowerment, free, if you tune in live.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:06 pm
Tenma wrote:
I mean as in that, and also are protected only to members. Can't access.
Depends on the webcast. Most are open, some are closed.
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Tenma

Post by Tenma » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm
Tenma wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Rinpoche will teach Atiyoga via webcast December 28th, 2017 – January 1, 2018 and you can receive direct introduction empowerment.
Could it at least be on YouTube? Skype is a failure and the webcam on the website doesn't work well with my computer.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Tenma wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Tenma wrote:

ChNN's open Webcasts are free. The only things membership is required for are playbacks and whatnot. You can be a student of ChNN for very minimal money, and without paying to be a member of the DC. You can even get advice from senior students if it's needed, there is no real financial obstacle to following ChNN. Though certainly some things are only available to members..by no means are they the vital things - the vital things are explicitly available in open webcast and pretty much free, as is hearing Rinpoche teach them, which is sort of the main deal. Last year there was an entire open webcast on Longsal Rushens, it was week long or something.

As far as what you're going through...shopping around for a Lama to give you an empowerment you believe you want, based mainly on the empowerment seems like an awful idea. You should examine the teachers in question and see if they are someone you really want to put energy into following them and if you are shaken by their teachings.

Anyway, maybe someone else can comment but Rinpoche does not seem to give deity empowerments often, at least in a few years now I have not seen an open Webcast of such, and certainly in the DC deity practices are viewed as secondary practices, what you can get regularly from the webcasts is direct introduction and lungs for practices. Quite frankly, if you feel you are missing out on Rinpoches teachings because you must pay for this or that specialized practices..then you have largely missed the main point of Rinpoches teachings.

Anyway, for some of us it is -very- important to hear from Rinpoche about the future of the organization, and it is kind of a pivotal time, so please have some respect for it and do not make it about the fact that you are frustrated because you can't find the empowerments you want - again, I think you should check your attitude and see where the real "obstacle" is. The biggest obstacle for following ChNN is usually related to timezone, lol!
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:15 pm

Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm
Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:08 pm
Tenma wrote:

Rinpoche will teach Atiyoga via webcast December 28th, 2017 – January 1, 2018 and you can receive direct introduction empowerment.
Could it at least be on YouTube? Skype is a failure and the webcam on the website doesn't work well with my computer.
I don't think that is going to change for this retreat. The retreats are always on the website.

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:16 pm

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:13 pm

As far as what you're going through...shopping around for a Lama to give you an empowerment you believe you want, based mainly on the empowerment seems like an awful idea. You should examine the teachers in question and see if they are someone you really want to put energy into following them and if you are shaken by their teachings.
:good:

TaTa

Post by TaTa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 pm

They uploaded an audio recording of tonights event

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Tenma wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:10 pm

You need a browser which is Flash enabled to play the live webcasts- the webcast page has some guidance and they offer help via email.
Chrome can work OK as can old fashioned Internet Explorer (but not Edge). There is also iPhone and Android support for your phone.

The main focus of ChNN's teachings and the Dzogchen Community as our Sangha is Dzogchen. If you can find a way to access Direct Introduction via his webcast then you are able to follow the Dzogchen path he has created for us.

Deity empowerments are 'Secondary Practices' to support us, and the best place to begin (my own opinion) is with the Short Thun, a practice into which almost any deity can be inserted. He gives this practice very often, and also many other deity 'lung' transmissions, usually as part of the last day of each webcast retreat. Then you have the framework for a path which is powerful and effective.

I know it can be frustrating, but ChNN is regarded very highly by a large number of us for a good reason. Good luck :)

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 pm

TaTa wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 pm
Where is it uploaded? I don't see any new recording in the replay page.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:08 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 pm
TaTa wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:50 pm
Where is it uploaded? I don't see any new recording in the replay page.
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/data/upload ... speach.mp3
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Return to “Dzogchen”