Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Spelare

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Spelare » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:50 am

TaTa wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:00 pm
What books or dvds should i own to correctly perform tuns and ganapuja?
The Book of the Tun and the Ganapuja is the most commonly used manual, and it's what people tend to follow at group practices; I'd say get that. If you want more detailed explanations, you could supplement with Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja. There are additional books and retreat recordings about these topics that can be purchased as digital downloads (pdf & mp4 video, respectively) from the Shangshung Foundation website. You are authorized to purchase any of them with the direct introduction you received from the webcast.

The most helpful thing is to attend the nearest local practice group whenever you can. If you get the chance to travel and visit a Gar or Ling, even better.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.

Spelare

Post by Spelare » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 am

Does anyone know which secondary practices Rinpoche will be giving lung for in the final morning session? It starts at 2am for me, but I know it is important to receive those live and want to do so if they are practices for which I haven't received empowerment yet.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:51 am

Spelare wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 am
Does anyone know which secondary practices Rinpoche will be giving lung for in the final morning session? It starts at 2am for me, but I know it is important to receive those live and want to do so if they are practices for which I haven't received empowerment yet.
I've not heard of any info being given in advance in the past, sorry.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

thubten nyidron

Post by thubten nyidron » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Good morning
In the teachings of today, Rinpoché has mentioned a book with practices to alleviate the bad years, but I have not understood the title. Do you know the name of the book? Thank you

Thubten Nyidron

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 pm

So today Rinpoche gave the mantra for LZ Takhyung Kilaya and immediately before it said that the seed syllable for Garuda is always 'K....' . So if anyone was using anything else, as I was, from the time of that specific Dark Garuda empowerment, we need to take note of this.
PM me if you need more info.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

hypa3000

Post by hypa3000 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Thank you very much Rinpoche for this retreat and transmissions!

Also would like to thank Everyone involved with this Retreat and SMS
for making this Fortunate Opportunity available for us

Happy New Year!
Best wishes to everyone here too!

:namaste:
"Clarity, non-thought and non-distraction - These three are the meditation in brief."
- Milarepa

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm

I think there were a lot more lungs today than in previous retreats, judging by the lung lists on the website. I tried to make notes of what was given exactly but it is not possible to tell what is missing in some cases (invocations etc.), if you don't already know the contents of the various books. Does anyone know if the Mandarava Ganapuja lung was for the long or short version? And which book is the one that would be the best choice based on what was given? Also for Shitro.

hypa3000

Post by hypa3000 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm

if you are subscribed to the Norbunet mailing list an email comes through with all the lungs and related books, dvd's, mp3's etc
but usually only after a couple of days ?

(i can paste some from previous retreat if helpful / needed but might be better to wait to get exact list for this retreat)
"Clarity, non-thought and non-distraction - These three are the meditation in brief."
- Milarepa

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:24 pm

hypa3000 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm
if you are subscribed to the Norbunet mailing list an email comes through with all the lungs and related books, dvd's, mp3's etc

(i can paste some from previous retreat if helpful / needed but might be better to wait to get exact list for this retreat)
Is it more detailed than the lists on the website? There are the names and links to books, but it is not enough in many cases.

Ignorant_Fool

Post by Ignorant_Fool » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Noob question - for the lungs that Rinpoche gave earlier, are we required to receive empowerment to practice (say Green Tara or Marici) anuyoga style? Is it ok to just do the root mantra?

Apologies if this is silly / inappropriate in any way whatsoever. This was my very first Dzogchen retreat/webcast. Still trying to digest everything I've heard these last 5 days.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Ignorant_Fool wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Noob question - for the lungs that Rinpoche gave earlier, are we required to receive empowerment to practice (say Green Tara or Marici) anuyoga style? Is it ok to just do the root mantra?
Dzogchen transmission eliminates any need to have further empowerments for the lungs you have received.

hypa3000

Post by hypa3000 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:24 pm
hypa3000 wrote:

Is it more detailed than the lists on the website? There are the names and links to books, but it is not enough in many cases.

Not sure which list on the website you are refering to, but will PM you a list from Feb 17 retreat as not sure if can post here
- Milarepa

liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm

After hearing the Sakya horror story from ChNNR, generation and completion stage seems less enticing now. :shock:
Btw, I only receive transmission during the Three anniversary,and miss this time's Ati Guru Yoga transmission,am I still allowed to practise Ati Guru Yoga?

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm

liuzg150181 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:50 pm
After hearing the Sakya horror story from ChNNR, generation and completion stage seems less enticing now. :shock:
Btw, I only receive transmission during the Three anniversary,and miss this time's Ati Guru Yoga transmission,am I still allowed to practise Ati Guru Yoga?
:D In that case the problem was that that practitioner was unable to practice it correctly it seems, it's not the practice that was the problem. As you already have the transmission it does not make any difference if you didn't get it again this time.

liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm
liuzg150181 wrote:
:D In that case the problem was that that practitioner was unable to practice it correctly it seems, it's not the practice that was the problem. As you already have the transmission it does not make any difference if you didn't get it again this time.
My interpretation of the story is that the Sakya yogi,though very advanced in generation stage,was either not advanced in completion stage or did not start completion stage at all. Hence ChNNR's comment that he did not manage to integrate and therefore turned into a vengeful spirit when he died a horrible death.

By the way,what book should i get for the rushan taught in early 2017?

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

liuzg150181 wrote:

Yes.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm

liuzg150181 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:27 pm
Aryjna wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:03 pm
liuzg150181 wrote:
My interpretation of the story is that the Sakya yogi,though very advanced in generation stage,was either not advanced in completion stage or did not start completion stage at all. Hence ChNNR's comment that he did not manage to integrate and therefore turned into a vengeful spirit when he died a horrible death.

By the way,what book should i get for the rushan taught in early 2017?
That practitioner had a very wrong view of the practice. So while he may have been "advanced" in terms of the technicalities of practice, the view was wrong, which is also why when he died he became that vengeful spirit, instead of liberation in the bardo.

As for the rushen taught early 2017, that was rushen specific to the Longsal cycle, and there is not as far as I know a new book on that yet. We'll just have to wait, as I'm sure it'll be published in the near future (this year, next year, etc). Otherwise having received direct introduction from ChNN qualifies you to implement the standard rushen taught in the Dzogchen Community, of which there already exists books.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

Tlalok

Post by Tlalok » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Welp, my alarm didn't go off and I missed the secondary practices and reading transmissions this time round. All around a fantastic learning experience though! Hopefully I'll be able to catch them in the future.

A quick quiestion: Am I able to perform the Tun and Ganapuja practices with the direct introduction and participation in the Padmasambhava ganapuja performed at the beginning of the webcast?

Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:23 pm

hypa3000 wrote:
Not sure which list on the website you are refering to, but will PM you a list from Feb 17 retreat as not sure if can post here
They started collecting the lists here since june 2016. With links to appropriate materials!
http://www.shangshungpublications.org/practices/

Ignorant_Fool

Post by Ignorant_Fool » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 pm
Ignorant_Fool wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Dzogchen transmission eliminates any need to have further empowerments for the lungs you have received.
Thank you for clarifying!

Return to “Dzogchen”