Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Vasana wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am
heart wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 am
Virgo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm
OK now I am confused. I have received the transmissions for Mandarava and the chudlen many times. One time a few years ago Rinpoche explained the sogthig breathing in a retreat but I was unable to catch that so I watched the replay for that. He also gives instructions in the book I mentioned above. So based on that and the instrutions on kumbhakha I have received I have practiced it. There is no problem with that, right? Malcolm? Anyone?

Thanks,

Kevin
I am sorry if I made some confusion, like Pero say the sothig is a part of Mandarava practice. There is however this book:
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=359
For the specific tsa-lung practices in this book you need a specific lung, which rinpoche gave once last year.

/magnus
Last year I made a note of the lungs during the anual Mandarava retreat and looking back at my notes, there was definitely a tridlung of a sogthig text and a long-life initiation. Rinpoche also gave the lung for Mandarava root text and for the tsalung practices.

Maybe others know if there is a more generalized sogthig that is still approachable without the specific lung mentioned above? ( so long as one had received any related practical instruction as Virgo mentioned above)

In either case, Rinpoche will likely give all of these in the upcomimg Mandarava retreat.

I was told the Mandarava tsalung book contains the most comprehensive and up to date practice explanations so that section of the book may be fine to read and apply for those with that practice lung, just not the tsalung section if you don't have those lungs.
The Mandarava general instructions are great in this book and the tsa-lung practices are very elaborate (no, they are not sothig).

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Magnus, Pero, Vasana, Norwegain, everybody, thanks!! No worries, and yes it is cleared up.. Thank you..

Kevin
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

http://caretoclick.com/clean-the-enviro ... -phone-use

florin

Post by florin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 pm

heart wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:04 pm
Vasana wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am
heart wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 am

I am sorry if I made some confusion, like Pero say the sothig is a part of Mandarava practice. There is however this book:
http://shangshung.org/store/index.php?m ... cts_id=359
For the specific tsa-lung practices in this book you need a specific lung, which rinpoche gave once last year.

/magnus
Last year I made a note of the lungs during the anual Mandarava retreat and looking back at my notes, there was definitely a tridlung of a sogthig text and a long-life initiation. Rinpoche also gave the lung for Mandarava root text and for the tsalung practices.

Maybe others know if there is a more generalized sogthig that is still approachable without the specific lung mentioned above? ( so long as one had received any related practical instruction as Virgo mentioned above)

In either case, Rinpoche will likely give all of these in the upcomimg Mandarava retreat.

I was told the Mandarava tsalung book contains the most comprehensive and up to date practice explanations so that section of the book may be fine to read and apply for those with that practice lung, just not the tsalung section if you don't have those lungs.
The Mandarava general instructions are great in this book and the tsa-lung practices are very elaborate (no, they are not sothig).

/magnus
There are sogthig explanations and how to practice it starting on pag 173 through to pag 205
Nina Robinson explains in the editor note how she used different transcripts for the shogtig from various retreats and how they are slightly different from each other but identical in essence.
The nature of diverse phenomena is non-dual. This means that both pure vision and impure vision are a manifestation of the energy of the primordial state. Even though in reality there is no duality, everything manifests separately. KG

TaTa

Post by TaTa » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Is the "guru yoga of the white A" the same as the guru yoga that is in the Short tun?

Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Hey Virgo...There is a separate text Rinpoche can give for the Sothig breathing. Typically, though he gives it during the Mandarava Drubchen along with explanations. He did last year and the year before.

On another note:

I was wondering if anyone remembers if in the Longsal Ngondro (six lokas combine with Vajrasattva) the long Vajrasattva mantra is sung the same way it is in the Shitro or if we do it the same way we do in the Ganapuja? If I am not mistaken I think you can do both depending on time and circumstances.

heart

Post by heart » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm

TaTa wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm
Is the "guru yoga of the white A" the same as the guru yoga that is in the Short tun?
yes!

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Reibeam wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 pm
Hey Virgo...There is a separate text Rinpoche can give for the Sothig breathing. Typically, though he gives it during the Mandarava Drubchen along with explanations. He did last year and the year before.

On another note:
Hey Reibeam, thanks for the information. It was great seeing you at Tara Mandala. Good times. :thumbsup:

Kevin

P.S. Sorry I don't know about your question.
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:13 pm

heart wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:54 pm
TaTa wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:44 pm
yes!

/magnus
Well it is that without the Garab Dorje (juts the white Ah, that's it). But there are also version with visualizations like Garab Dorje and so on. Then there is also ati Guru Yoga, etc.

Kevin
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Virgo wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:11 pm
Reibeam wrote:

On another note:
Hey Reibeam, thanks for the information. It was great seeing you at Tara Mandala. Good times. :thumbsup:

Kevin

P.S. Sorry I don't know about your question.
The same goes for Ben, Matt, alwasy good to spend time with people from the community.

Kevin :namaste:
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

Mr. G

Post by Mr. G » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:35 pm

:thumbsup:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Lama Tsultrim too. I was trying to think of people from the community and I forgot her. LOL.

Actually ChNN gave a retreat there of 300, so many of the residents were probably there, no?

Kevin
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

Pero

Post by Pero » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Rinpoche's new schedule has just been published:

http://melong.com/complete-schedule/

:thanks: :woohoo: :thanks:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

liuzg150181

Post by liuzg150181 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Pero wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:12 pm
Rinpoche's new schedule has just been published:

http://melong.com/complete-schedule/

:thanks: :woohoo: :thanks:
Yes!!! He is coming to Asia!!! :applause:
Gonna meet him and receive teachings in meatspace. :woohoo:

Reibeam

Post by Reibeam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone remembers if in the Longsal Ngondro (six lokas combine with Vajrasattva) the long Vajrasattva mantra is sung the same way it is in the Shitro or if we do it the same way we do in the Ganapuja? If I am not mistaken I think you can do both depending on time and circumstances.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Reibeam wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Get the recording...
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Pero

Post by Pero » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Reibeam wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:18 pm
You can sing it but I'm not sure if the melody is the same as in Shitro as I only practiced Shitro during the teachings on it. And yes you can also recite it (as in the Ganapuja).
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Reibeam

Post by Reibeam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks Pero

I have a recording on another computer in another state. I figured someone would know on here instead of me having to buy it again for one minute detail.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Reibeam wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Thanks Pero

I have a recording on another computer in another state. I figured someone would know on here instead of me having to buy it again for one minute detail.
In general it is the melody in Shitro
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

[A]nything at all that is well spoken is the word of the Buddha.

-- Ārya-adhyāśaya-sañcodana-nāma-mahāyāna-sūtra

The different sūtras in accord with the emptiness
taught by the Sugata are definitive in meaning;
One can understand that all of those Dharmas in
which a sentient being, individual, or person are taught are provisional in meaning.

-- Samadhirāja Sūtra

Reibeam

Post by Reibeam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks Malcolm

BTW...I just bought your book. It was nice to see it for sale a Tara Mandala last month :twothumbsup:

Virgo
Global Moderator

Post by Virgo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Reibeam wrote:
Oh so in that case he probably always gives that lung before the tridlung. I did not receive the tridlung live (and at this point I don't remember if he gave a lung or not), like I say I playback that webcast. So perhaps I should not do.

Kevin
ངོ་རང་ཐོག་ཏུ་སྤྲད། །
ཐག་གཅིག་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅད། །
གདེང་གྲོལ་ཐོག་ཏུ་བཅའ། །

Return to “Dzogchen”