Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Vasana

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Vasana »

How has everyone's connection with webcast been recently?
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Vasana wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 pm How has everyone's connection with webcast been recently?
I've had some problems the last few days. This morning it only stopped once, but Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoon's specially it was stopping every now and then.

Before that it was working perfectly.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Vasana wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:56 pm How has everyone's connection with webcast been recently?
not good. anyway, just refresh the page when it gets stuck.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

much better today, no interruptions. any chance ChNN will repeat lung for those of us that missed first part of first day due to connections problems?
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Rinpoche has been sick the last two days and has been resting. The morning sessions for today and yesterday have been practice lead by Nina.
meepits

Post by meepits »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 pm much better today, no interruptions. any chance ChNN will repeat lung for those of us that missed first part of first day due to connections problems?
I remember the first part of the first day, and I think there was a root text involved, but since Mandarava trid-lungs have been given every day that Rinpoche leads, does Luke need a repeat of the first day’s lung? IDK, just asking here.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm Rinpoche has been sick the last two days and has been resting. The morning sessions for today and yesterday have been practice lead by Nina.
They said he was feeling a bit tired, not that he is sick.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Aryjna wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 pm Rinpoche has been sick the last two days and has been resting. The morning sessions for today and yesterday have been practice lead by Nina.
semantics
Josef

Post by Josef »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm
semantics
Not really.
He's 80.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Josef wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:35 am
Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm

semantics
Not really.
He's 80.
Well quite.
He was sick a while back but seems to have made another remarkable recovery.
But even a man with his realisation and durability will feel his age at times at 80 years.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Simon E. wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:26 pm Well quite.
He was sick a while back but seems to have made another remarkable recovery.
But even a man with his realisation and durability will feel his age at times at 80 years.
Rinpoche, being the man of his realisation and durability, is just giving us a chance to collect merit while we pray for his health and closest disciples take care of him. :sage: Sorry bout this.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

True...AND he has an 80 year old body. :smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Yup, he's sick with the flu.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm Yup, he's sick with the flu.
Do you have some special information regarding this? Or is it just your impression?
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

From Dzamling Gar facebook group:

Dear Vajra family,

I would like to update briefly about Rinpoche’s health, as I received so many messages and emails asking about his health. He has got a flu, little bit coughing and has quite low energy.
we keep contracting his doctor everyday and report him the situation of Rinpoche’s health. The doctor give him some medicine and injection for the flu, and also the doctor suggested him to stay inside. He is getting bit better but not ready yet to come for the teaching in the Gonpa, hopefully soon.
At the house, we are doing our best taking care of him, and also everybody could do for him to take this opportunity of Mandarava retreat and dedicate it for his health, this is the best offer him from individually, and it can help him to over come from the problems of his health!

Many thanks to all of you!!!

Rabgyi
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:20 pm From Dzamling Gar facebook group:

Dear Vajra family,

I would like to update briefly about Rinpoche’s health, as I received so many messages and emails asking about his health. He has got a flu, little bit coughing and has quite low energy.
we keep contracting his doctor everyday and report him the situation of Rinpoche’s health. The doctor give him some medicine and injection for the flu, and also the doctor suggested him to stay inside. He is getting bit better but not ready yet to come for the teaching in the Gonpa, hopefully soon.
At the house, we are doing our best taking care of him, and also everybody could do for him to take this opportunity of Mandarava retreat and dedicate it for his health, this is the best offer him from individually, and it can help him to over come from the problems of his health!

Rabgyi
Thanks, today it was said that he had recovered and was probably coming for the morning session, but didn't come after all
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:20 pm From Dzamling Gar facebook group:

Dear Vajra family,

Rabgyi
:(
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I am glad Rinpoche is feeling better.Very good news!
meepits

Post by meepits »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 am I am glad Rinpoche is feeling better.Very good news!
:D :thumbsup: :D
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

If I want to start including the Sang offerings regularly in the mornings, is it okay to add it to the short Thun after the dolpa?
If so, where would it go in the medium Thun?

Lastly, is Frankincense or Sandalwood acceptable as Sang until I get some official Tibetan incense?

Thank You! :namaste:
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa

Return to “Dzogchen”