Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

treehuggingoctopus

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Stewart wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
dharmafootsteps wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:53 am
heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 am

Interesting, what is the sadhana called?

/magnus
I'm not sure, I'll see her again tomorrow so will check then.
Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to find out any more information on this Sadhana?

+ 1
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
rang.drol

Post by rang.drol »

I'm not quite sure I've seen the very same practice, but when I was in Tashigar/Argentina last year on a retreat with Tsoknyi Rinpoche (organized by Dongyu Ling) they used an amended Konchog Chidu practice booklet, where the ChNN's Song of Vajra was included and sung as well (though in a slightly differently melody than in the DC).
When the practice was explained in a session Gerardo Abboud (one of the founders of Dongyu Ling) mentioned it was included due to the fact that the specific practice booklet was compiled by Drugu Chögyal Rinpoche, who has a close connection with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu (he painted some of Dzogchen masters in the Merigar temple as well, if I'm not mistaken), and found singing the Song of Vajra to be very conducive for entering into resp. maintaining of the recognition of the natural state.
So the connection goes like: ChNN -> Drugu Chögyal Rinpoche -> compilation of Konchog Chidu practice booklet -> Dongyu Ling / Gerardo Abboud (Tsoknyi Rinpoche's long time translator in retreats) -> Tsoknyi Rinpoche.
But as mentioned earlier: I may be talking of another background...
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

rang.drol wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 pm I'm not quite sure I've seen the very same practice, but when I was in Tashigar/Argentina last year on a retreat with Tsoknyi Rinpoche (organized by Dongyu Ling) they used an amended Konchog Chidu practice booklet, where the ChNN's Song of Vajra was included and sung as well (though in a slightly differently melody than in the DC).
When the practice was explained in a session Gerardo Abboud (one of the founders of Dongyu Ling) mentioned it was included due to the fact that the specific practice booklet was compiled by Drugu Chögyal Rinpoche, who has a close connection with Chögyal Namkhai Norbu (he painted some of Dzogchen masters in the Merigar temple as well, if I'm not mistaken), and found singing the Song of Vajra to be very conducive for entering into resp. maintaining of the recognition of the natural state.
So the connection goes like: ChNN -> Drugu Chögyal Rinpoche -> compilation of Konchog Chidu practice booklet -> Dongyu Ling / Gerardo Abboud (Tsoknyi Rinpoche's long time translator in retreats) -> Tsoknyi Rinpoche.
Yep. The story goes that they actually met by "chance" in argentinas airport so it was auspicous to include it. I was there too. Maybe we met
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

rang.drol wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:11 pm I'm not quite sure I've seen the very same practice, but when I was in Tashigar/Argentina last year on a retreat with Tsoknyi Rinpoche (organized by Dongyu Ling) they used an amended Konchog Chidu practice booklet, where the ChNN's Song of Vajra was included and sung as well (though in a slightly differently melody than in the DC).
Thanks for the information, Gerardo also told me a few years ago he is old friends with ChNN. I also believe there is a strong connection between ChNN and Tulku Urgyen. TUR gave ChNN the Dzogchen Desum in Nepal many years ago, and ChNN composed songs about TUR, but he can't find them, I asked him a couple of years ago if he still had them.
s.
PSM

Post by PSM »

PSM wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 pm Are there any DC books (or past issues of The Mirror) which talk about karma yoga? Hindu dharma has some great teachings on it, but I'd love some Buddhist instructions, especially from a dzogchen perspective.
Does anyone have any info on this? It would be really helpful...
rang.drol

Post by rang.drol »

Stewart wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 pm Thanks for the information, Gerardo also told me a few years ago he is old friends with ChNN. I also believe there is a strong connection between ChNN and Tulku Urgyen. TUR gave ChNN the Dzogchen Desum in Nepal many years ago, and ChNN composed songs about TUR, but he can't find them, I asked him a couple of years ago if he still had them.
Andreas Kretschmar (a long time, close student of Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche) also told me about that encounter and while he (i.e. Andreas) didn't know much about ChNN, he had the impression that the connection between the two masters was growing day by day during ChNN's stay there.
treehuggingoctopus

Rang.drol, TaTa -- thank you!

Edmond Jabès
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

That sounds very likely to be the connection, as the practitioner I was speaking to is Argentinian. Although she did know ChNN's melody (without realising it's his melody). Perhaps someone introduced that to the group more recently.
Stewart wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to find out any more information on this Sadhana?
Sorry, I didn't get a chance to see her on the day I was expecting. I'll see her soon though, we study at the same place, and will post more info once I find out.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

There is connection between ChNN and Tsoknyi Rinpoche. They have given retreats together (see The Melong archives).
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
heart

Post by heart »

rang.drol wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:24 pm
Stewart wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 pm Thanks for the information, Gerardo also told me a few years ago he is old friends with ChNN. I also believe there is a strong connection between ChNN and Tulku Urgyen. TUR gave ChNN the Dzogchen Desum in Nepal many years ago, and ChNN composed songs about TUR, but he can't find them, I asked him a couple of years ago if he still had them.
Andreas Kretschmar (a long time, close student of Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche) also told me about that encounter and while he (i.e. Andreas) didn't know much about ChNN, he had the impression that the connection between the two masters was growing day by day during ChNN's stay there.
Yes, Andreas told me the same story.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Is there a DC melody for the Vajra Guru and/or the mani mantra?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm Is there a DC melody for the Vajra Guru and/or the mani mantra?
Mani is done with the same melody like 6 lokas syllables.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Miroku wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm
Aryjna wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:43 pm Is there a DC melody for the Vajra Guru and/or the mani mantra?
Do you know of any specific recording where it is included?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Miroku wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm
Do you know of any specific recording where it is included?
Not really honestly. It is included in a cd that comes with czech version of Avalokiteshvara Khorwa Kongtrug practice ... not really sure if it is also in other language versions like that. Try too look for it and if you do not get it then pm me and I can share it with you.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

Does anyone know if the June Merigar retreat is still going forward as planned? It is still on the Melong schedule but I don not see it on the Merigar calendar. I have not heard any news if Rinpoche will be traveling or not.

Also, what is the scheduled teaching, Kyung-chen Ding-va, about specifically?

Thanks!
treehuggingoctopus

Pema Yolo wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:13 pm Does anyone know if the June Merigar retreat is still going forward as planned? It is still on the Melong schedule but I don not see it on the Merigar calendar. I have not heard any news if Rinpoche will be traveling or not.

Also, what is the scheduled teaching, Kyung-chen Ding-va, about specifically?

Thanks!
Kyung-chen Ding-va is a Semde text commonly translated as The Great Garuda in Flight. As to whether the retreat will take place in Merigar, or indeed whether it will happen at all, I have no clue, alas. Many people would love to know what the actual schedule will turn out to be. My included.

Personally, I am hoping Rinpoche will stay in Tenerife and rest.

Edmond Jabès
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:50 pm Kyung-chen Ding-va is a Semde text commonly translated as The Great Garuda in Flight. As to whether the retreat will take place in Merigar, or indeed whether it will happen at all, I have no clue, alas. Many people would love to know what the actual schedule will turn out to be. My included.

Ah, thank you, I had not actually seen the TIbetan name. I received this amazing teaching from Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche. I figured as much about ChNNR. I hope he cuts the travel this year too. For me the loss of Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche has really driven home how precious these teachers are and what a huge loss it is for the world when they pass.
treehuggingoctopus

Pema Yolo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:24 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:50 pm Kyung-chen Ding-va is a Semde text commonly translated as The Great Garuda in Flight. As to whether the retreat will take place in Merigar, or indeed whether it will happen at all, I have no clue, alas. Many people would love to know what the actual schedule will turn out to be. My included.

Ah, thank you, I had not actually seen the TIbetan name. I received this amazing teaching from Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche. I figured as much about ChNNR. I hope he cuts the travel this year too. For me the loss of Shenphen Dawa Rinpoche has really driven home how precious these teachers are and what a huge loss it is for the world when they pass.
:good:

Edmond Jabès
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

There is a new email from Dzamling Gar

Dear Vajra Family,
As a result of a recent lung infection - which was cured successfully, but requires a long rehabilitation - Rinpoche's health condition during these last weeks has been unstable. This is associated with a state of substantial anemia which is slowing down Rinpoche's convalescence.
For this reason, Rinpoche's personal doctor has requested Him to be hospitalized in the clinic and then to spend a period of absolute rest at home with some light physical activity, as required by the rehabilitation therapy. Today Rinpoche came back from the clinic and started the period of rest at home.
Huge effort is put into facilitating Rinpoche's recovery; a team of nurses is rotating to offer support and treatment when necessary, medical check-ups and physiotherapy treatments are given on a daily basis at home, whereas routine tests are carried out at the clinic every week.
Due to these recent events, we deeply apologize to all people who have worked unceasingly to organize public events abroad that Rinpoche will not be able to attend until His doctor will deem Him stable and fit to travel.

Kindly,
Rinpoche's family and Dzamling Gar Gakyil
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

My hard drive was accidentally erased and I lost many files :-( . Does anyone have an mp3 of a community ganapuja that they could send to me? I want to use it for solo practice. I have the Ritual melodies CD, but I want one with community singing, preferably using instruments. If you do, please send me a pm. Thank you.

+Long life to Rinpoche+
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

Return to “Dzogchen”