Mantrik

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm

florin wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 am
It appears that there wont be a WWT.
Here is the latest update:

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic. Therefore He will not provide the upcoming Worldwide Guruyoga Transmission.

Practitioners are invited to join the Guruyoga practice instead.

We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

We will try to webcast this practice from one of the Gars, but if that doesn’t work - you can join by doing this practice at the specified time by yourself.

Sunday July 22, 2018 at 4 AM (Timezone of Tenerife)

That way we can connect together with our True State and the State of our Master. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.

Long Life to Master!

International Gakyil and Gakyil of Dzamling Gar"
I had posted the question whether anyone else may be able to give the DI should ChNN be ill, but this appears not to be the case.

I will simply assume that he is with us in the Guruyoga at that time, and from wherever he is, he will be chanting along. _/\_
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

florin

Post by florin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm
florin wrote:

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic. Therefore He will not provide the upcoming Worldwide Guruyoga Transmission.

We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

We will try to webcast this practice from one of the Gars, but if that doesn’t work - you can join by doing this practice at the specified time by yourself.

That way we can connect together with our True State and the State of our Master. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Long Life to Master!

I had posted the question whether anyone else may be able to give the DI should ChNN be ill, but this appears not to be the case.

I will simply assume that he is with us in the Guruyoga at that time, and from wherever he is, he will be chanting along. _/\_

You probably know that there isn't anything official yet on this issue.
I think, for now, is not relevant that lots of practitioners in DC think that such and such instructor has good enough knowledge, experience and qualifications to transmit dzogchen.
The nature of diverse phenomena is non-dual. This means that both pure vision and impure vision are a manifestation of the energy of the primordial state. Even though in reality there is no duality, everything manifests separately. KG

florin

Post by florin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am
florin wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am

I am wondering if Adriano Clemente might fit this role. He worked closely with Rinpoche for so many years and Rinpoche trusts that he has a very good grasp of dzogchen teachings.
I was thinking more of situations where ChNN is unable to lead a retreat and webcast and a substitute found to avoid cancellation. I was wondering who is qualified to give DI, lungs etc.
i don't know. i hope Yeshe Namkhai; i don't know him but i foresee that he doesn't want to deal with the stampede of demanding madman students haha.
He completely distanced himself from DC long time ago.
For a while he had his own group of students .You could follow his activities at his own website.
Now his website is up for sale.
The nature of diverse phenomena is non-dual. This means that both pure vision and impure vision are a manifestation of the energy of the primordial state. Even though in reality there is no duality, everything manifests separately. KG

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 pm

florin wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Mantrik wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

I was thinking more of situations where ChNN is unable to lead a retreat and webcast and a substitute found to avoid cancellation. I was wondering who is qualified to give DI, lungs etc.
i don't know. i hope Yeshe Namkhai; i don't know him but i foresee that he doesn't want to deal with the stampede of demanding madman students haha.
For a while he had his own group of students .You could follow his activities at his own website.
Maybe he is back with IBM?

florin

Post by florin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm

amanitamusc wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 pm
florin wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:

Maybe he is back with IBM?
There is a website that is related to his bussiness but there isnt one about his teaching activities, unless he's created a totally new site with a different domain for that.

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Just wondering...
Isn't it time for those who know how to use a phurba, to pick it up and do something? I know he says just do Guru Yoga, but that's to keep folks who don't know what they're doing from messing with his healing process. He has described the areas of his body that are under attack. You have all the information you need.

Are there any real yogis out there??

Just wondering....

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:22 pm

florin wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:15 pm
florin wrote:

"Dear Vajra Family,

Long Life to Master!

You probably know that there isn't anything official yet on this issue.
I think, for now, is not relevant that lots of practitioners in DC think that such and such instructor has good enough knowledge, experience and qualifications to transmit dzogchen.
There's only one person's opinion on it which matters, of course, and in this announcement he has made it clear that at the moment, no substitution is to be made.

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Is there any DC Guru Dragpo material? I've seen it mentioned here before that it was a main practice until a few years ago but I don't see anything on the website.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am

So, we are supposed to just do the Padamsambhava Guru Yoga by ourselves at the appointed time?
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:47 am

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am
So, we are supposed to just do the Padamsambhava Guru Yoga by ourselves or? Is there a practice to do at a certain time?
For those who have received this practice before from Rinpoche, yes, it can be done by ourselves. And in this case, it will be done at the right time scheduled, this way all from Dzogchen Community who have received it can do the practice at the same time.

For those who haven't received this, they have to wait, as stated in the email. They cannot do this.

As it says:

1. We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

2. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:13 am

Norwegian wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:47 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:40 am
So, we are supposed to just do the Padamsambhava Guru Yoga by ourselves or? Is there a practice to do at a certain time?
For those who have received this practice before from Rinpoche, yes, it can be done by ourselves. And in this case, it will be done at the right time scheduled, this way all from Dzogchen Community who have received it can do the practice at the same time.

For those who haven't received this, they have to wait, as stated in the email. They cannot do this.

As it says:

1. We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

2. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Yeah I have the lungs for all that stuff, so just the practice for the anniversary with=out the DI...*not* the normal Padmasambhava GY in the same book, I assume...
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Jeff H

Post by Jeff H » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:24 am

However, for the Anniversary of Garab Dorje last March, Rinpoche was not able to lead us, but there was a webcast with someone else leading it. They stated at the beginning that it would be the same practice but without the DI.

Edit at 10:45 EDT: The web site just came online, so apparently there will be a webcast.
We who are like children shrink from pain but love its causes. - Shantideva

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 am

we should do WW Guruyoga more often :)
Identities are false and not true

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:18 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:12 am
we should do WW Guruyoga more often :)
:thumbsup:

-Jeff H.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 am

Lhasa wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm
Just wondering...
Isn't it time for those who know how to use a phurba, to pick it up and do something? I know he says just do Guru Yoga, but that's to keep folks who don't know what they're doing from messing with his healing process. He has described the areas of his body that are under attack. You have all the information you need.

Just wondering....
When has he described the areas of his body that are under attack?
Has he said that his illness is caused by provocation?
I know Mandarava ,Odzer Chenma,Jigme Lingpa's short Tsok are done
for Rinpoche's health.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:04 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 am
Lhasa wrote:
Just wondering...

Just wondering....
for Rinpoche's health.
It is extraordinary to claim that his advice to perform Guruyoga is to stop incompetent people messing with his healing process. What possible evidence is there for this?

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 am

Mantrik wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:04 am
amanitamusc wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:29 am
Lhasa wrote:
Just wondering...

Just wondering....
for Rinpoche's health.
It is extraordinary to claim that his advice to perform Guruyoga is to stop incompetent people messing with his healing process. What possible evidence is there for this?
We should just drop it if Lhasa does not clarify . These can be difficult times
and this can be very frustrating.
Rinpoche's teachings are many and if we follow them the best we can.
We are fortunate!

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:56 am

I have heard Rinpoche say that if we want to help him recover we ought to do Guruyoga and Ganapuja (which is the standard menu anyway). Recently he has also mentioned Vajrasattva. No suggestion whatsoever that we are incompetently "messing with his healing process" (although clearly more than a suggestion that our failure to keep our samaya contributes to his illness).
. . . there they saw a rock! But it wasn't a rock . . .

Hansei

Post by Hansei » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 am

When practitioners from various countries asked what practices they could do for my illness, I replied that they should do Vajrasattva purification and Ganapuja. I did not tell them to do long-life practice for me. Why? Because first the weak points had to be healed. If we do not know how to work on this very basic level linked to samaya, thinking only of ourselves, long-life practice will have no effect. So I recommend that practitioners all respect each other as much as possible. Not only that, if you try to respect all other beings, including insects, then so much the better. This is one of the most important practices in daily life, so try to do so.
From Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja.
“People aren't just people, they are people surrounded by circumstances.” — Terry Pratchett

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:25 am

Hansei wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:12 am
When practitioners from various countries asked what practices they could do for my illness, I replied that they should do Vajrasattva purification and Ganapuja. I did not tell them to do long-life practice for me. Why? Because first the weak points had to be healed. If we do not know how to work on this very basic level linked to samaya, thinking only of ourselves, long-life practice will have no effect. So I recommend that practitioners all respect each other as much as possible. Not only that, if you try to respect all other beings, including insects, then so much the better. This is one of the most important practices in daily life, so try to do so.
From Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja.
:good:

Return to “Dzogchen”