Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Dorje Shedrub

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

lelopa wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 am page 9 after tare there is a TAM for transformation followed by the 6 syllable mantra
That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I have the download from the webcast page (practice text only).

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:36 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Dorje Shedrub wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:07 pm I got a bit lost. It seems like they skipped a couple sections.

Can someone confirm that there is no transformation in this sadhana?

DS
yes, in the anuyoga way.

this sadhana is a bit different from the booklet, but you can find it in the resources section in the same page as the webcast is.
When do we transform - during action mantra?

Can someone explain why we say the parts of the mantra many times and not only the full mantra (please pm if better)

DS
At the seed.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

A few years back Khyentse Yeshi did a Longde retreat in the Baja. Did anyone here attend that? If so, do you know if there are transcripts/recordings of any kind?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Great article in The Melong in case anyone missed it:

Recalling The Presence of the Master
Rinpoche’s parents didn’t have a son so Rinpoche’s father went to the great Dzogchen master Adzom Drugpa. Adzom Drugpa gave him some advice to do Green Tara practice and so Rinpoche’s parents invited a practitioner, a lama, to the family’s house where he did Tara practice for one month, with the 21 Invocations etc. Then after a year or so this lama had a dream in which he saw a yellow flower blooming and then he understood that a male was going to be born there. When their son was born, the parents were so overjoyed that they considered him to be a gift from the sky and they called him ‘Namkhai Norbu’ which means ‘Jewel or Gift from the Sky’. So it is important that we know that. Then once, I remember very well, Rinpoche told me, “I was born with Tara and I will die with Tara”.
DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Hello. Is it enough to acquire the Shitro mp3 from the online shop so I could learn how to do it? I've only got the the Mantras and Invocations book as a reference. The Teachings on Shitro and Yangti book is out of stock in the UK shop. It's in stock in the US shop, but I can't afford it due to the shipping fees.
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

moonbun wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:36 pm Hello. Is it enough to acquire the Shitro mp3 from the online shop so I could learn how to do it? I've only got the the Mantras and Invocations book as a reference. The Teachings on Shitro and Yangti book is out of stock in the UK shop. It's in stock in the US shop, but I can't afford it due to the shipping fees.
As long as you have an explanation of the practice and the sadhana text so you know what you're doing during the mp3. When you can, be sure to get the Shitro and Yangti book bc Rinpoche goes very in depth with the explanations.
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

mechashivaz wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:55 pm
moonbun wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:36 pm Hello. Is it enough to acquire the Shitro mp3 from the online shop so I could learn how to do it? I've only got the the Mantras and Invocations book as a reference. The Teachings on Shitro and Yangti book is out of stock in the UK shop. It's in stock in the US shop, but I can't afford it due to the shipping fees.
As long as you have an explanation of the practice and the sadhana text so you know what you're doing during the mp3. When you can, be sure to get the Shitro and Yangti book bc Rinpoche goes very in depth with the explanations.
Thank you for the advice, mechashivaz. Ah yes, I meant I'll buy the explanation, and practice mp3. Whoops. I guess I'll wait for the book to be available again. I'm still waiting for a reply from the UK shop about it too. My hearing isn't as good so having the book just as you said is important.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

In stock in Italy, but shipping costs are high there too:

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... it_search=
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Does anyone know where I can find information regarding Changchub Dorje's tregcho terma?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Lukeinaz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm Does anyone know where I can find information regarding Changchub Dorje's tregcho terma?
Which one? He revealed many and ChNN taught from the cycle numerous times.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Josef wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 pm
Lukeinaz wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm Does anyone know where I can find information regarding Changchub Dorje's tregcho terma?
Which one? He revealed many and ChNN taught from the cycle numerous times.
ChNN had mentioned basically:

"tregcho there is one of the terma teaching of my teacher Changchub Dorje."

And he goes on to say it is a tregcho without the four ...

So I dont know which one exactly.
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:56 am

So it's in stock there as well? Wasn't able to see it since it blocks me from viewing the description. It just tells me to send in a form about Yangti retreat dates except I can't since haven't participated in one. The Italy shop's shipping fees isn't viable for me either. I remember looking for the chod book there previously, and I was floored at the hefty sum. Twice as much as the book itself. Anyway, I'm real glad they have downloadable stuff available, I wouldn't be able to get the necessary materials otherwise. The customer service staff were quite friendly too. :twothumbsup:
Kris

Post by Kris »

Reading through the Song of the Vajra commentary and it's illuminating how extremely important this transmission is. :o :shock:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Pero

Post by Pero »

moonbun wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 pm
Mantrik wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:56 am

So it's in stock there as well? Wasn't able to see it since it blocks me from viewing the description. It just tells me to send in a form about Yangti retreat dates except I can't since haven't participated in one. The Italy shop's shipping fees isn't viable for me either. I remember looking for the chod book there previously, and I was floored at the hefty sum. Twice as much as the book itself. Anyway, I'm real glad they have downloadable stuff available, I wouldn't be able to get the necessary materials otherwise. The customer service staff were quite friendly too. :twothumbsup:
Mantrik meant the "Teaching on Shitro and Yangti" book.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Pero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:58 pm Mantrik meant the "Teaching on Shitro and Yangti" book.
Yes, the Teachings on Shitro and Yangti book on the Itay shop is what I'm talking about as well.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

moonbun wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:43 pm
Pero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:58 pm Mantrik meant the "Teaching on Shitro and Yangti" book.
Yes, the Teachings on Shitro and Yangti book on the Itay shop is what I'm talking about as well.
There is also explained meaning of Shitro, not only technique. If one is familiar with the technique, applies regularly and want to go deeper in the real sense, then is a must. :)

Of course one can go straight to the point of shitro, since the method is so easy to perform. :cheers:
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Pero

Post by Pero »

moonbun wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:43 pm
But for this book you'd don't need to put in any dates. For the shipping fees, was there only the expensive option? I get three options with different prices but maybe it's different for UK.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Leif

Post by Leif »

Pero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 pm But for this book you'd don't need to put in any dates.
That used to be so in the past, but they have changed it recently, it's now categorized as restricted Yangti teaching on Shangshung Store.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Leif wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Pero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 pm But for this book you'd don't need to put in any dates.
That used to be so in the past, but they have changed it recently, it's now categorized as restricted Yangti teaching on Shangshung Store.
Do you get that message even if you're logged in?
- Shabkar
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 pm There is also explained meaning of Shitro, not only technique. If one is familiar with the technique, applies regularly and want to go deeper in the real sense, then is a must. :)

Of course one can go straight to the point of shitro, since the method is so easy to perform. :cheers:
Yes, that's why I'm looking forward to learning it. :cheers:
Pero wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:37 pm But for this book you'd don't need to put in any dates. For the shipping fees, was there only the expensive option? I get three options with different prices but maybe it's different for UK.
I can see it's in stock, but I can't view the descriptions when I click on it while logged in as it has been categorised differently as Leif have said.

As for the shipping fees, it's understandable since I live far away. There's no other shipping option hence the fees for it as seen in the attached picture for example. Meanwhile, the UK shop sends it via Royal Mail with the most secure economical packaging I've ever seen. It took a while to receive, and I'm fine with the wait since it arrived safely.

Screenshot_2018-12-20-02-50-43.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-20-02-50-43.jpg (68.93 KiB) Viewed 3040 times

Return to “Dzogchen”