Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:17 am

When is the next open webcast?
Cantankerous Buddha

User avatar
Virgo
Former staff member
Posts: 3825
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Uni-verse

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Virgo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 am

Epistemes wrote:When is the next open webcast?
If you bring us some good barbecue, we'll tell you. :rolling:

Kevin

User avatar
Virgo
Former staff member
Posts: 3825
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Uni-verse

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Virgo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:52 am

I told Epestimes to ask here because I do not know if it's in November or not.

Kevin

User avatar
Sönam
Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Sönam » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:57 am

maybe Paris, next week-end, will be diffused ...
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Virgo wrote:I told Epestimes to ask here because I do not know if it's in November or not.
Wow - my question really is tiny: When is the next open webcast? I've been recommended by a couple of people to view it when it is available.
Cantankerous Buddha

User avatar
mint
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by mint » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:50 pm

Epistemes wrote:Wow - my question really is tiny: When is the next open webcast? I've been recommended by a couple of people to view it when it is available.
I don't know when the webcast is but you're making the right decision.

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:44 am

Epistemes wrote:
Virgo wrote:I told Epestimes to ask here because I do not know if it's in November or not.
Wow - my question really is tiny: When is the next open webcast? I've been recommended by a couple of people to view it when it is available.
I thought that one will start today, but there hasn't been any notification yet so maybe not. There will be one from 30th of September till the 6th of October, Lama Zabdon Nyingthig, a terma teaching of Changchub Dorje.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 am

Pero wrote:I thought that one will start today, but there hasn't been any notification yet so maybe not. There will be one from 30th of September till the 6th of October, Lama Zabdon Nyingthig, a terma teaching of Changchub Dorje.
I saw something today about a possible webcast from Paris. It seemed strange that, only less than 24 hours beforehand, it still said "to be confirmed."

What I'm looking for is the open webcast, to make sure that is clear to everyone here. I am confident in that.
Cantankerous Buddha

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:19 am

Epistemes wrote:
Pero wrote:I thought that one will start today, but there hasn't been any notification yet so maybe not. There will be one from 30th of September till the 6th of October, Lama Zabdon Nyingthig, a terma teaching of Changchub Dorje.
I saw something today about a possible webcast from Paris. It seemed strange that, only less than 24 hours beforehand, it still said "to be confirmed."

What I'm looking for is the open webcast, to make sure that is clear to everyone here. I am confident in that.
Yes. Lama Zabdon Nyingthig will be an open webcast. If there is a webcast today, I'm sure it will be open too.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 am

Pero wrote: Yes. Lama Zabdon Nyingthig will be an open webcast. If there is a webcast today, I'm sure it will be open too.
Not to question you, but are you sure??

I'm not a "member" nor have I received the transmission yet. That's the "open" webcast I'm looking for.
Cantankerous Buddha

User avatar
Sönam
Posts: 1999
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Sönam » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:56 am

Paris is webcasted

Friday September 23
20-22 h (GMT+2)

Saturday September 24
10-12 h
17-19 h

Sunday September 25
10-12 h
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:45 am

Epistemes wrote:
Pero wrote: Yes. Lama Zabdon Nyingthig will be an open webcast. If there is a webcast today, I'm sure it will be open too.
Not to question you, but are you sure??

I'm not a "member" nor have I received the transmission yet. That's the "open" webcast I'm looking for.
I'm pretty sure for today and for Lama Zabdon Nyingthig it said open webcast on Merigar schedule. Anyway you can try to tune in even if you're not sure if it's closed or not. If it will be a closed webcast you just won't be able to. Almost every webcast nowadays is open BTW. Maybe one per year is closed.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Pero wrote:I'm pretty sure for today and for Lama Zabdon Nyingthig it said open webcast on Merigar schedule. Anyway you can try to tune in even if you're not sure if it's closed or not. If it will be a closed webcast you just won't be able to. Almost every webcast nowadays is open BTW. Maybe one per year is closed.
I tried tuning into the webcast this morning from both a PC and my iPad with no luck. There's about 6 hours difference between where I am and Paris. It's 8:39 AM here, so it's 2:39 AM in Paris. Something should be going on with the retreat by now, I would think, and something should be webcasted if it was available, right?

I'm really confused by this definition of "open." One person says I should view the open webcasts, but another says THE open webcast is the direct transmission, and then another says almost every webcast is open. :juggling:
Cantankerous Buddha

Malcolm
Posts: 31111
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Epistemes wrote:
Pero wrote:I'm pretty sure for today and for Lama Zabdon Nyingthig it said open webcast on Merigar schedule. Anyway you can try to tune in even if you're not sure if it's closed or not. If it will be a closed webcast you just won't be able to. Almost every webcast nowadays is open BTW. Maybe one per year is closed.
I tried tuning into the webcast this morning from both a PC and my iPad with no luck. There's about 6 hours difference between where I am and Paris. It's 8:39 AM here, so it's 2:39 AM in Paris. Something should be going on with the retreat by now, I would think, and something should be webcasted if it was available, right?

I'm really confused by this definition of "open." One person says I should view the open webcasts, but another says THE open webcast is the direct transmission, and then another says almost every webcast is open. :juggling:

The evening session should start at 2:pm eastern time today.


http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Epistemes wrote:I tried tuning into the webcast this morning from both a PC and my iPad with no luck. There's about 6 hours difference between where I am and Paris. It's 8:39 AM here, so it's 2:39 AM in Paris. Something should be going on with the retreat by now, I would think, and something should be webcasted if it was available, right?
Uhm why should something be happening at 2 am haha? Probably you meant 2 pm, and no, though something might be happening there, webcast usually starts a little while before Rinpoche arrives. There is absolutely nothing to webcast before that. Unless you're interested in watching people run around preparing everything or something. :lol:
I'm really confused by this definition of "open." One person says I should view the open webcasts, but another says THE open webcast is the direct transmission, and then another says almost every webcast is open.
"Open" just means that anyone can tune in. "Closed" means that only people who are members of the Dzogchen Community will be able to tune in.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Pero wrote:"Open" just means that anyone can tune in. "Closed" means that only people who are members of the Dzogchen Community will be able to tune in.
So, just to clarify, there is no direct transmission during the "open" webcasts, right? It is open to the public and there is no pre-requisite to currently be practicing Dzogchen or any need to practice afterwards, yes? Today's webcast will be completely direct transmission free?
Cantankerous Buddha

User avatar
Fa Dao
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Fa Dao » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:52 pm

I dont know for sure about todays webcast but the past 6 or so he has done Direct Introduction. In the webcasts I have seen he doesnt actually say, "ok, I am doing direct introduction now", it is more subtle than that. He seems to be doing it in everything he says and does. So, just relax and be present, and enjoy. This guy is the real deal.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

User avatar
Epistemes
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Here

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Epistemes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Fa Dao wrote:I dont know for sure about todays webcast but the past 6 or so he has done Direct Introduction. In the webcasts I have seen he doesnt actually say, "ok, I am doing direct introduction now", it is more subtle than that. He seems to be doing it in everything he says and does. So, just relax and be present, and enjoy. This guy is the real deal.
Well, if the webcast today begins at 2 PM EST, I may not be able to be present. Still, though, I am just trying to clarify what is expected of me before viewing an "open" webcast and afterwards.

How long does the average webcast run?
Cantankerous Buddha

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Epistemes wrote:So, just to clarify, there is no direct transmission during the "open" webcasts, right?

No, usually there is a direct transmission during every webcast.
It is open to the public and there is no pre-requisite to currently be practicing Dzogchen
Yes.
or any need to practice afterwards, yes?
I think if you attend just one webcast there will be no problems. But if you continually attend webcasts and then don't practice there could be problems. But this is why I think that maybe it is better to read a book or two before attending the webcasts. Because that way you get at least some idea what it is all about and if it's something that appeals to you or not.
Today's webcast will be completely direct transmission free?
I don't know.

BTW, I got this email today and it doesn't seem like there will be a webcast today:
Webcast from PARIS (FRANCE) GMT+2

** The schedule is still not confirmed, we'll send further notice in case of variations **

September 24
10:00 - 12:00 GMT+2 Dzogchen Teaching
17:00 - 19:00 GMT+2 Dzogchen Teaching

September 25
10:00 - 12:00 GMT+2
Short ganapuja to follow
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Pero
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Epistemes wrote:Well, if the webcast today begins at 2 PM EST, I may not be able to be present. Still, though, I am just trying to clarify what is expected of me before viewing an "open" webcast and afterwards.
There is nothing expected of you before receiving teachings. But after receiving them, Rinpoche usually asks his students to at least practice Guru Yoga daily, collaborate with Vajra brothers and sisters, keep the practices secret and to try to be present and act with awareness according to circumstances.
How long does the average webcast run?
Two hours.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Post Reply

Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Astus, Bing [Bot], Fa Dao, Harimoo, Heruka85, mandog, PSM and 47 guests