Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Virgo

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Virgo »

Jeff H wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm I thought I should post an update, on the off-chance anyone was led to question SSI-USA's service based on my previous post. I contacted them and it turns out they had send all four of my items the same day, three days after I placed my order. Each download link was a separate email, but they all had the same sender and subject, so they were collapsed in one conversation in Gmail. I only noticed the first message, then sat around waiting for the other three for two weeks. :emb:
Ha ha, sounds like something I would do. :namaste:

Kevin
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

are all of ChNN's retreats taught in English?
heart

Post by heart »

csmorg96 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:16 am are all of ChNN's retreats taught in English?
yes.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

When Chnn says that mantra should be recited underbreath and without interrupting it means that one should also recite during in breath?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TaTa wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm When Chnn says that mantra should be recited underbreath and without interrupting it means that one should also recite during in breath?
Yes.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm
TaTa wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm When Chnn says that mantra should be recited underbreath and without interrupting it means that one should also recite during in breath?
Yes.
Thank you both.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 am
Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm
Yes.
Thank you both.
Oh! Yes, thank you both indeed. I did not realize that.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

What would the emphasis be in the yidam section of tun when practicing in a consice way like in group practice when you only recite 21 mantras? The visualization is quite detailed with the image of the mantra and action for me to practice all in a short time.

Same with the guardians. Im guessing the most important figures are the ones that are in tun book
Moha

Post by Moha »

Can someone please help shed some light on the contents this restricted book:
Secondary Practices of the Dzogchen Community

Is this a complete list of all secondary practices within the DC? Would someone who's participated in the last Ati Guru Yoga retreat be allowed to purchase this book?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the ignorance!
Leif

Post by Leif »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 am Is this a complete list of all secondary practices within the DC? Would someone who's participated in the last Ati Guru Yoga retreat be allowed to purchase this book?
Yes you definitely can get it, it sheds some more light on practices that you were given the lung for on the last day. It doesn't contain everything, but for someone who is starting it's very complete, contains the principal practices. For each there is a bit of history, purpose of practice, maybe some little detail here and there, and related publications. It's not indispensable, but I have found it a helpful overview,
Moha

Post by Moha »

Leif wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 am Yes you definitely can get it, it sheds some more light on practices that you were given the lung for on the last day. It doesn't contain everything, but for someone who is starting it's very complete, contains the principal practices. For each there is a bit of history, purpose of practice, maybe some little detail here and there, and related publications. It's not indispensable, but I have found it a helpful overview,
Thank you, Leif! Sounds like it's exactly what I need. Was thinking about getting this and the Tun book first before purchasing some of the more extensive secondary practice books. Still getting my head around the Precious Vase book, so I'm taking it slow and steady. :reading:
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

TaTa wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:20 am What would the emphasis be in the yidam section of tun when practicing in a consice way like in group practice when you only recite 21 mantras? The visualization is quite detailed with the image of the mantra and action for me to practice all in a short time.

Same with the guardians. Im guessing the most important figures are the ones that are in tun book
Seed syllabe and trondu, i think. But, why few recitation? Is there a need?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

TaTa wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:20 am What would the emphasis be in the yidam section of tun when practicing in a consice way like in group practice when you only recite 21 mantras? The visualization is quite detailed with the image of the mantra and action for me to practice all in a short time.

I think you visualize everything arising instantly, with a more focus on the feel than every precise visualized detail.
It takes very little time.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

Has Rinpoche ever given the lung for any of Longchenpa's Seven Treasuries? If not, is he likely to do so in the future? I remember him mentioning that he received that transmission himself.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Spelare wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:34 amHas Rinpoche ever given the lung for any of Longchenpa's Seven Treasuries? If not, is he likely to do so in the future?
It is highly unlikely. Rinpoche gives only lungs for practices, with some fairly rare exceptions (the Dra Thalgyur tantra, for instance). No time for book-length texts.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

"Why should I be a member?"

http://melong.com/11450-2/
chimechodra

Post by chimechodra »

I remember reading somewhere that Green Tara is best practiced in the morning. Is this largely a Kriyayoga concern? Or is this something to keep in mind while doing Rinpoche's Green Tara practice? Would it be more effective to do it at a certain time of the day, or is doing it in the afternoon/evenings totally fine/equivalent? I'm guessing it's not an issue at all, but I was hoping more knowledgeable folks could clarify.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Norwegian wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:19 pm "Why should I be a member?"

When is the deadline on membership renewal ?
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Asap I guess. I received this too, as an email today, and had renewed some time ago.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

Mantrik wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Asap I guess. I received this too, as an email today, and had renewed some time ago.
Is there a difference with renewing and paying for the first time? I cant afford right now 😭

Return to “Dzogchen”