Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Josef

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Josef »

Motova wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 am Which yidams can one NOT go to the essence with (G.Y.o.W.A., S.S., M., Ded.)?
Generally speaking, deities that are not from Anu yoga practices.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 am
Motova wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:49 am Which yidams can one NOT go to the essence with (G.Y.o.W.A., S.S., M., Ded.)?
Thank you. Are all his yidam transmissions anu yoga? It seems to me they are.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Motova

Post by Motova »

For those who have done it, can you please message me how to go to the essence with Rinpoche's Shitro (from his Shitro and Yangti book)?
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Any news on whether Rinpoche will conduct the WWT yet?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
heart

Post by heart »

That is a really weird statement, what would stop you "going to the essence" with a non Anu yoga deity?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

heart wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am
That is a really weird statement, what would stop you "going to the essence" with a non Anu yoga deity?

/magnus
Ok, maybe you mean "going to the essence" as in Rinpoches essential style of sadhanas? In that case Motova the Shitro practice is already "to the essence".

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Yes I am afraid that that is as essential as it gets. The whole practice is 20-30 minutes I think? Pretty easy to do. You can ofc also do with some peaceful or wrathful deity sending lights and helping a deceased person (I'd probably choose peaceful). Or you can offer in their names etc.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Josef

Post by Josef »

heart wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 am
heart wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am

/magnus
Ok, maybe you mean "going to the essence" as in Rinpoches essential style of sadhanas? In that case Motova the Shitro practice is already "to the essence".

/magnus
Yes, Rinpoche has stated many times that his tun practice is appropriate for Anu yoga.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Josef

Post by Josef »

Motova wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am
As far as I know.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Josef wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

As far as I know.
Thank you.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Motova wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 pm
Josef wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 pm

As far as I know.
Thank you.
You’re quite welcome
fckw

Post by fckw »

Why the heck am I always confused when I try to figure out the webcast schedule of Namkhai Norbu?

Go to this page and it tells you that the next webcast is beginning of June (i.e. in the past): https://webcast.dzogchen.net/

At the same time this website says there's a retreat in Vienna the upcoming weekend: http://melong.com/events_listing/austri ... 3-15-2018/. And it has an "open webcast". But then why does above website not mention this?

Next, this page says that he is not well and that the retreat will not take place at all: http://www.dzogchen.at/. So, yet another piece of the puzzle.

So, looks like this is not going to take place. Am I correct? When will then the next open webcast be planned?
florin

Post by florin »

fckw wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 pm Why the heck am I always confused when I try to figure out the webcast schedule of Namkhai Norbu?

Go to this page and it tells you that the next webcast is beginning of June (i.e. in the past): https://webcast.dzogchen.net/

At the same time this website says there's a retreat in Vienna the upcoming weekend: http://melong.com/events_listing/austri ... 3-15-2018/. And it has an "open webcast". But then why does above website not mention this?

Next, this page says that he is not well and that the retreat will not take place at all: http://www.dzogchen.at/. So, yet another piece of the puzzle.

So, looks like this is not going to take place. Am I correct? When will then the next open webcast be planned?
Yes, no webcast.
I think that when Rinpoche will start travelling or teaching again everyone will know it.
It looks like the next transmission will certainly happen though.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

When is the next WWT? I can't find info.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
kausalya

Post by kausalya »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:37 am Any news on whether Rinpoche will conduct the WWT yet?
Dorje Shedrub wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 am When is the next WWT? I can't find info.

DS
I was directed to the following public FB post: https://www.facebook.com/webcastsBT/pho ... 40/?type=3
"For as long as space remains,
For as long as sentient beings remain,
Until then may I too remain
To dispel the miseries of the world."
(Shantideva)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 am When is the next WWT? I can't find info.

DS
here

Worldwide Transmission
July 21-22, 2018
Anniversary of Padmasambhava

http://melong.com/events_listing/worldw ... -1-2-2017/
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Worldwide Transmission
July 21-22, 2018
Anniversary of Padmasambhava

Follow it here: http://webcast.dzogchen.net/

All over the world the Dzogchen Community celebrates the anniversaries of Garab Dorje, Guru Padmasambhava, and Adzom Drugpa, which fall on the 15th day of the first month, the 10th day of the sixth month, and the 25th day of the ninth month, respectively, of the Tibetan lunar calendar. On these days Chögyal Namkhai Norbu gives a Guruyoga transmission via webcast at a specific time and with a specific practice for each anniversary. The set times are given below. The numbers in brackets indicate the differences between Greenwich mean time (GMT) and the hours shown.

The starting point for the practice of Dzogchen is to receive a ‘Direct Transmission’ from the teacher. ‘Direct Transmission’ is the means by which the teacher introduces us directly to the true nature of our mind: our primordial state. Ideally, it is best to receive the ‘Direct Transmission’ from the teacher in person by attending a retreat, but since this is not always possible, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu also gives ‘Direct Transmission’ via the worldwide web on three occasions each year, corresponding to particular anniversaries in the Dzogchen calendar. This gives new practitioners the means to enter the path of Dzogchen and begin their practice.

Explanation and Practice of the Empowerment for the Worldwide Transmission is contained in the GURUYOGA book available from Shang Shung Publications in print and ebook format (English and Italian)

http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en/

Saturday July 21, 2018

17.00 (-10) Hawaii
19.00 (-8) Fairbanks
20.00 (-7) San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver
21.00 (-6) Denver, Salt Lake City, Pagosa Springs, Edmonton
22.00 (-5) Lima, Quito, Chicago, Mexico City
22.30 (-4.30) Caracas, Isla Margarita
23.00 (-4) San Juan, Santiago, New York, Conway, Montreal, Atlanta, Detroit, Havana, Kingston, Indianapolis, Ottawa
00.00 (-3) Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Bermuda

Sunday July 22, 2018

03.00 (0) GMT
04.00 (+1) London, Dublin, Lisbon, Tenerife
05.00 (+2) Rome, Berlin, Oslo, Paris, Madrid, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Brussels, Geneva, Prague, Salzburg, Stockholm, Budapest, Vienna, Warsaw, Johannesburg
06.00 (+3) Helsinki, Athens, Ankara, Beirut, Jerusalem, Vilnius
07.00 (+4) Moscow, Murmansk, Baghdad
08.00 (+5) ODDIYANA, Islamabad
08.30 (+5.30) Delhi, Bombay
08.45 (+5.45) Kathmandu
09.00 (+6) Thimpu, Dhaka
09.30 (+6.30) Rangoon
10.00 (+7) Bangkok, Jakarta, Saigon
11.00 (+8) Singapore, Beijing, Lhasa, Manila, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Perth
12.00 (+9) Tokyo, Seoul
12.30 (+9.30) Darwin, Adelaide
13.00 (+10) Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
14.00 (+11) Vladivostock
15.00 (+12) Fiji, Wellington, Auckland, Kamchatka
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
ItsRaining

Post by ItsRaining »

If I want to attend the World Wide Transmission is there anything I need to know beforehand? I read that a Guru yoga book was recommended but then I found it was restricted to those who were already members...
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

ItsRaining wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm If I want to attend the World Wide Transmission is there anything I need to know beforehand? I read that a Guru yoga book was recommended but then I found it was restricted to those who were already members...
You should go through the materials related to the transmission that are on the webcast page. Maybe visit the local DC sangha near you to get your questions answered. :)
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Motova

Post by Motova »

ItsRaining wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 pm If I want to attend the World Wide Transmission is there anything I need to know beforehand? I read that a Guru yoga book was recommended but then I found it was restricted to those who were already members...
You could probably email an SMS instructor with questions.

Return to “Dzogchen”