Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Malcolm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:gee ya think?? I just KNEW the moment I clicked "submit" that someone would respond like that. Nice to see the great scholar has a sense of humor :rolling:
Perhaps a bit more specificity?

Honestly, I have no clue what Rinpoche is teaching. He often does not specify a text.

N
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Fa Dao wrote:I really have been chomping at the bit to get the SMS Precious Vase book and the Tun/Ganapuja book. Anyways, thanks again
I recently became a member through Tsegyalgar West -fortunately for me I had an easier go of it than what has unfortunately been your experience - and when I asked the secretary down there when I'd be getting my membership # so I could purchase reserved items from the SSI bookstore, he told me it would take a little time but that in the meantime he would be happy to confirm my membership status with the bookstore people if I needed to purchase anything right away. So that's what I did and it worked out fine for me. Anyway, just wanted to give you an FYI so once you get your membership ordeal straightened out you won't be stuck waiting even longer to be able to get the books you need.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Namdrol...oops..sorry about that..thought you were playing with me
Pema...cool..good to know..thanks
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Pero

Post by Pero »

So, what is the current retreat specifically about? Missed the introduction and there's no replay up yet.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote:So, what is the current retreat specifically about? Missed the introduction and there's no replay up yet.
Rinpoche is teaching on a text from his terma cycle.
The intro was really cool today.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Post by Pero »

Nangwa wrote:
Pero wrote:So, what is the current retreat specifically about? Missed the introduction and there's no replay up yet.
What, seriously? Blast, I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it tomorrow. Which text?
edit: Why was it cool hehe?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote:
Nangwa wrote:
What, seriously? Blast, I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it tomorrow. Which text?
Namdrol or someone else will have to give you the title.
I was at work so I couldn't take notes or anything. I will have to listen to the replay myself in order to catch more details.

Well, they are all cool.
What I found particularly cool about this morning was the details about the revelation and also how it was very straight-forward upadesha.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Post by Pero »

Nangwa wrote:Namdrol or someone else will have to give you the title.
I was at work so I couldn't take notes or anything. I will have to listen to the replay myself in order to catch more details.

Well, they are all cool.
What I found particularly cool about this morning was the details about the revelation and also how it was very straight-forward upadesha.
Man you're killing me. :D
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

A cycle from his longsal terma of longchen odgsal khandro nyingthig, Innermost Essence of the Dakinis of the Luminous Clarity of the Universe, covering different kayas morphing manifestations ending in Garab Dorje into Changchub Dorje with a side appearance from Pamdmasambhava. In four sections of tawa gompa chopa drebu, view meditation action/conduct and result/fruit. Easy practice enough for full enlightenment of the diligent and perceptive, Upadesha instructions, Mengdade class.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

username wrote:A cycle from his longsal terma of longchen odgsal khandro nyingthig, Innermost Essence of the Dakinis of the Luminous Clarity of the Universe, covering different kayas morphing manifestations ending in Garab Dorje into Changchub Dorje with a side appearance from Pamdmasambhava. In four sections of tawa gompa chopa drebu, view meditation action/conduct and result/fruit. Easy practice enough for full enlightenment of the diligent and perceptive, Upadesha instructions, Mengdade class.
So I guess it's "The most important points on the view, meditation, behavior and fruit" aka "The upadesha on the most important points of Ati"?
- Shabkar
username

Post by username »

Yes, volume 7.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pero

Post by Pero »

username wrote:Yes, volume 7.
:twothumbsup:
- Shabkar
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

today's teaching was even clearer ...

I particulary notice those points ... someway related to all our recents discussions ...
For those who critic the Dzogchen tantras not possessing the 10 qualifications ... also the 10 qualifications are unreal.

and

Dzogchen teaching is not a vajrayana kind of system.
Then why we learn to practice others traditions, because we need to integrate all traditions, any kind of practices, but we go in essence.
And what integrating means : you are already in sambhogakaya, and when you integrate you learn how you go to sambhogakaya with that tradition.
:twothumbsup:
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pero

Post by Pero »

It's his commentary on his terma The Most Important Points Of Ati.
Last edited by Pero on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Shabkar
Pema Chotse

Post by Pema Chotse »

My post re ChNN and Sogyal Lakar appears to have been removed. Is there censorship of "controversial" issues here? If so why? I would be grateful for an explanation.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Chotse wrote:My post re ChNN and Sogyal Lakar appears to have been removed. Is there censorship of "controversial" issues here? If so why? I would be grateful for an explanation.

look here:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Pero, I've checked and the replays are already available.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Dechen Norbu wrote:Pero, I've checked and the replays are already available.
I already listened to the replay of the first day yesterday and changed my previous post accordingly, but thanks anyway. :thanks:
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Hey I have a question for all of you who have ordered from Shangshung Institute USA:

Does it usually take them a kinda long time to get your order shipped? I ask because I placed an order on June 1st and received an email from them on June 2cd saying that my order should ship on June 3rd and that I would get an email confirmation when it shipped, along with a tracking number. It's now June 13th, and I've gotten neither the email/tracking #, nor has the pkg arrived, and it was supposed to be shipped 2-3 day priority mail. I emailed them back on June 9 but have gotten no reply, so I called them this morning and left a voicemail and have still gotten no reply, so I was wondering if this is typical or not?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Hey I have a question for all of you who have ordered from Shangshung Institute USA:

Does it usually take them a kinda long time to get your order shipped? I ask because I placed an order on June 1st and received an email from them on June 2cd saying that my order should ship on June 3rd and that I would get an email confirmation when it shipped, along with a tracking number. It's now June 13th, and I've gotten neither the email/tracking #, nor has the pkg arrived, and it was supposed to be shipped 2-3 day priority mail. I emailed them back on June 9 but have gotten no reply, so I called them this morning and left a voicemail and have still gotten no reply, so I was wondering if this is typical or not?
I have no clue about Shangshung Institute USA but that I certainly hope that's not typical, that'd be a terrible way to run a business!
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Return to “Dzogchen”