Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Tata1

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Tata1 »

Where can i read or listen instructions on the vajrasattva practice of dc community? The one that has been practiced lately?
florin

Post by florin »

For those who want to check Yeshi Namkhai’s delivery of teachings there are a few videos with Russian titles on youtube and therefore not easy to find unless you can read russian writing or at least know how to spell his name.
Here is one.

A few others can be found on a russian social network. One of these is on anu yoga and is particularly interesting.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Florin, could you be so kind as to post the Anu one? Thanks!
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
florin

Post by florin »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm Florin, could you be so kind as to post the Anu one? Thanks!
On Anu Yoga. You may need an account to make it work.
https://vk.com/video-2312315_167192195
I also found some 4 or 5 audio recordings, two hour long on what it appears teachings on the 3 paths of liberation, some text about ChNNr's commitments, SMS related explanations and practices but i wont post them here.
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 am
DechenDave wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am Hi,
Does anyone know if Rinpoche ever indicated a reason other than personal inclination as to why someone might chose one long life practice over another in a given situation (i.e. Amitayus or Mandarava)?

TIA.
Astrological conditions. For example during an eclipse the Guru Amitayus practice is adviced.

Maybe there are others.
Makes sense. Thanks.
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

amanitamusc wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 am
DechenDave wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:20 am Hi,
Does anyone know if Rinpoche ever indicated a reason other than personal inclination as to why someone might chose one long life practice over another in a given situation (i.e. Amitayus or Mandarava)?

TIA.
Astrological conditions. For example during an eclipse the Guru Amitayus practice is adviced.

Maybe there are others.
ChNNR had a rare form of leukemia.He was preparing to die and had dreams of Mandarava and did the practices and was cured.
Two masters had also predicted his death at this time.He didn't die and would do Mandarava retreats each year thereafter.
Yes, as I understand it, his recovery was so unusual it made the news. :)
There is also Garuda which is supposed to be particularly effective againt cancer. And of course Amitayus. I imagine one can use divination to narrow it down and as mentioned, astrological indicators (prehaps waxing and waning moon?) could help one decide.

Im curious if many people learn all of them or usually pick one and focus on it.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Is there some online resource that can instruct me in the use of vajra and bell in the thuns and ganapuja practices? I can easily read the rythm and memorize it coz i studied music but i dont know the specific ways of doing it and i dont have instructor near me to show me
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

florin wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm Florin, could you be so kind as to post the Anu one? Thanks!
I also found some 4 or 5 audio recordings, two hour long on what it appears teachings on the 3 paths of liberation, some text about ChNNr's commitments, SMS related explanations and practices but i wont post them here.
Thank you!
Drats, some of these things should not be available to the general public...
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
DechenDave

Post by DechenDave »

Tata1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm Is there some online resource that can instruct me in the use of vajra and bell in the thuns and ganapuja practices? I can easily read the rythm and memorize it coz i studied music but i dont know the specific ways of doing it and i dont have instructor near me to show me

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... it_search=

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... it_search=
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

florin wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm
woaaah, thank's!
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

Tata1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 am Where can i read or listen instructions on the vajrasattva practice of dc community? The one that has been practiced lately?
At the Shang Shung Publications Web Store there are a few free documents and audio, one of them is the Vajrasattva + 25 Spaces, the practices done most recently via webcast. Should note it is not the practice of Vajrasattva Purification and Mandala Offering which I've never been able to find an explanation or audio of.
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

Tata1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm Is there some online resource that can instruct me in the use of vajra and bell in the thuns and ganapuja practices? I can easily read the rythm and memorize it coz i studied music but i dont know the specific ways of doing it and i dont have instructor near me to show me
There are DVDs/MP4s available of Rinpoche doing the practices. If you're a member of the DC there is video/audio available on the Webcast site under Retreat Resources. You could even email them asking about it, some one was kind enough to skype with me when I first started out and walked me through the mudras, etc.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

mechashivaz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 pm
Tata1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 am Where can i read or listen instructions on the vajrasattva practice of dc community? The one that has been practiced lately?
At the Shang Shung Publications Web Store there are a few free documents and audio, one of them is the Vajrasattva + 25 Spaces, the practices done most recently via webcast. Should note it is not the practice of Vajrasattva Purification and Mandala Offering which I've never been able to find an explanation or audio of.
Thank you. Is there an explanation or is it just the practice audio?
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Tata1 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:16 pm
mechashivaz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 pm
Thank you. Is there an explanation or is it just the practice audio?
Nevermind. Just found it.

Thank you all :)
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Could someone send me audio of 21 taras?
Thanks
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

WEBCAST
March 6
from Dzamling Gar (GMT+0)
8:00 Green Tara Prectice [dedicated to practitioners with health issues]

17:00 New Moon Ganapuja [medium]

connect to webcast using the PRACTICING TOGETHER PAGE
https://webcast.dzogchen.net
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Hello. I just finished reading the practice of Guru Medicine Buddha booklet. On page 11, the instructions say, '...we sing the following invocation', and it starts with E MA HO. Is there a recording of the Guru Padmasambhava as Medicine Buddha melody available? I only have the audio on how to pronounce it due to the Mantras and Invocations set.

Speaking of melodies, I would need the DC ritual melodies mp3 so I can learn the song for the authentication of a namkha, don't I? It seems like missed my chance at purchasing other essential things during the last sale.
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

moonbun wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:29 pm Hello. I just finished reading the practice of Guru Medicine Buddha booklet. On page 11, the instructions say, '...we sing the following invocation', and it starts with E MA HO. Is there a recording of the Guru Padmasambhava as Medicine Buddha melody available? I only have the audio on how to pronounce it due to the Mantras and Invocations set.

Speaking of melodies, I would need the DC ritual melodies mp3 so I can learn the song for the authentication of a namkha, don't I? It seems like missed my chance at purchasing other essential things during the last sale.
Not sure of any audio existing for Orgyen Menla. Try writing to shangshung store and asking them. Also, it's helpful to know the melody for the Namkha, but remember ChNN constantly said " do your best and work with circumstances", so please don't let not having the ritual melody for the Namkha empowerment stop you from doing it :)
moonbun

Post by moonbun »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 am Not sure of any audio existing for Orgyen Menla. Try writing to shangshung store and asking them. Also, it's helpful to know the melody for the Namkha, but remember ChNN constantly said " do your best and work with circumstances", so please don't let not having the ritual melody for the Namkha empowerment stop you from doing it :)
Thank you for the advice. Contacting them hadn't crossed my mind. I will try that later. I keep forgetting about those essential bolded words. :emb: Your reminder was quite helpful. I just started reading on how to construct a Namkha. Their history, and the steps on their creation is fascinating.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Anybody have a high resolution image of the Shitro mandala?
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Dzogchen”