Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

ratna

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by ratna »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:What is the DC- specific Vajrasattva practice, and where can it be found? Can we just do the 100 syllable mantra?
The Namchö Shitro or the Longsal Ngöndro. Of course, one can always do just the 100-syllable mantra as well.

R
javadm

Post by javadm »

dears,

do we need lung for 100 syllable mantra of Vajrasattva?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

javadm wrote:dears,

All mantras require a lung.
javadm

Post by javadm »

Malcolm wrote:
javadm wrote:dears,

All mantras require a lung.
Thank you Malcolm. :smile:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Mantrik wrote:
Johnny Dangerous wrote:What is the DC- specific Vajrasattva practice, and where can it be found? Can we just do the 100 syllable mantra?
It's in the Medium Ganapuja in the Thun Book, page 131. Pretty standard mantra, yes.
Thanks.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
鐵觀音

Post by 鐵觀音 »

Will tomorrow's Reunion Island retreat have a webcast?
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Mantrik wrote:
It's in the Medium Ganapuja in the Thun Book, page 131. Pretty standard mantra, yes.
Thanks.
There are also other Vajrasattva practices in DC related to the inner rushans. Practicing a non DC-Specific Vajrasattva should yield the same effect though (Purification, restoration of Samaya etc) since you tend to recite it more times in a stand alone practice than in a collective Ganapuja. Today is also the day of Buddha's birth so Ganapujas encouraged.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

I am deeply inspired by two teachers. One is more karma kagyu oriented but also teacheas dzogchen and the other is namkhai norbu. Im finnishing my kagyu ngondro and i wanted to get more into namkhai norbu's teaching and practices. Till now i have been practicing ati guru yoga and song of vajra to complement my ngondro as chnn told me.

The question is what are the must reads and usually what are the practices one should start with?

Thanks
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

TaTa wrote:I am deeply inspired by two teachers. One is more karma kagyu oriented but also teacheas dzogchen and the other is namkhai norbu. Im finnishing my kagyu ngondro and i wanted to get more into namkhai norbu's teaching and practices. Till now i have been practicing ati guru yoga and song of vajra to complement my ngondro as chnn told me.

The question is what are the must reads and usually what are the practices one should start with?

Thanks
Well great books are Guruyoga book, Practice in Daily Life and Precious Vase.
If you wanna do some more elaborate practice than gy with song of vajra, then it is good to start learning short thun and ganapuja as thsoe are often used in DC groups. Otherwise practice what you want and have lung for.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

Refuge and bodhichitta, short thun in the mornings and evenings. The three anniversary DIs. White A. Song of Vajra. Rushens, semdzins, lojongs. Dream practice...

All I can manage at the moment. Wish there were less obligations and more time, but such is life.

I suspect it becomes an art rather than a science ...

PS: and prayers for Rinpoche's improved health.
Marc

Post by Marc »

鐵觀音 wrote:Will tomorrow's Reunion Island retreat have a webcast?
Due to Rinpoche's health, his trip and teachings to Reunion Island had to be cancelled...
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Any news about Paris and Merigar?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
treehuggingoctopus

Paris has just been cancelled.
We deeply regret having to announce the cancellation of the teaching retreat of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu in Paris from June 9 to 11, 2017. Rinpoche's final decision came to us this morning, June 5th.

Up until the last minute, Rinpoche hoped to be able to come, but his state of health isn't good enough yet to travel.
I am still hoping Rinpoche will recover soon -- and the Merigar retreat will take place.

Edmond Jabès
HandsomeMonkeyking

Post by HandsomeMonkeyking »

I hope so too.

I am still not sure if I should book my flight to Merigar now or not.
treehuggingoctopus

My gut feeling is Merigar will not be cancelled. But my gut feeling is in the end no better than an uneducated guess. Probably it would be a good idea to wait with the tickets till the very last moment (not an option available to me, alas: we booked the flights, the house and the catsitter months ago -- although we are still delaying renting a car. Oh well. Another lesson in impermanence.)

Edmond Jabès
TaTa

Post by TaTa »

PuerAzaelis wrote:Refuge and bodhichitta, short thun in the mornings and evenings. The three anniversary DIs. White A. Song of Vajra. Rushens, semdzins, lojongs. Dream practice...

All I can manage at the moment. Wish there were less obligations and more time, but such is life.

I suspect it becomes an art rather than a science ...

PS: and prayers for Rinpoche's improved health.
To get "everything i need" to inmerse myself in deep practice of rusheb, semdzins and lojongs plus kbowibg how to correctly perform tuns and ganapujas should i get?
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

The stand- alone 21 semdzin book is best for semdzins as there are more to choose from than the 7 often presented elsewhere.

rushen, semdzins and lojongs book is good for the rest but doesn't include the practice text or audio for the lokas practice, which are available elsewhere.

Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja - Although it's possible to learn the short thun without this. Mp3s of the audio are handy. Mudras require a dvd or learning in person.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
florin

Post by florin »

MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

florin wrote:A short message from Rinpoche.

http://melong.com/message-chogyal-namkhai-norbu/
Thank you, florin.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Malcolm wrote:
rai wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
And even better, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu really is an awakened master.
Dear Namdrol,

I remember you wrote on E-sangha that although in general you are sceptical about tulku system you think that Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche really is a tulku of Adzom Drukpa. I never had a chance to ask what make you think so. Could you please write something more?

Rai

Oh, it is simple. Norbu RInpoche wrote a long commentary when he was younger. Later on, when he had a chance to obtain all of Adzom Drugpa's collected works, he chanced to find a text in Adzom's collected works that was for over a hundred pages identical in topic, outline and structure. Apart from minor differences in in grammar, the words are the same.

Based on that, Norbu Rinpoche himself decided that it must be true that he is the reincarnation of Adzom Drugpa.

Adzom Drugpa was the most important Dzogchen Guru of the early twentieth century for many reasons, not least of which he was the main Dzogchen disciple of Khyentse Wangpo. Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is the most important Dzogchen master alive today. Of course, there are many Dzogchen masters, and to their own students, they are the most important. But in terms of service in spreading Unsurpassed Secret Treasury of Mahasaṃdhi teachings, Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is in truth the Second Vajrasattva.
:cheers:
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Dzogchen”