Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

jet.urgyen

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by jet.urgyen »

like it or not, one needs transmission.

this is for getting in the knowledge. otherwise one will get lost in elucidations.

phantasy is right in the corner...
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Tlalok wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm What are the requirements to be able to read the Precious Vase? I want to use it to get into the preliminaries in a deeper sense.
After the Tsog tonight, I asked Adriano Clemente what were the requirements to be able to read the "Precocious Vase." He stated, "Sincere interest." I then specifically asked if DI were a requirement for reading permission and he said "no." He also stated that any Vajrayana empowerment was sufficient to allow the practices in the Precious Vase. This was a much more liberal interpretation than I had expected. If I understood him correctly, It means that new SMS Base study and practice can go on without DI transmission by ChNNR.

The restrictions for the Precious Vase on the Shang Shung Publications website read:

"This product is directed to persons interested in Dzogchen teachings who received direct introduction from a qualified master. If you didn't receive it yet but have serious interest in the teachings, you may purchase this product but must receive it as soon as you have this possibility"

So it appears the reading permissions are open to anyone with sincere interest ordering the Precious Vase.

:heart:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sorry for the off-topic question here, but was the Namchö chang chog practice one of the standard lungs Rinpoche gave at the end of each retreat?
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
heart

Post by heart »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:22 am Sorry for the off-topic question here, but was the Namchö chang chog practice one of the standard lungs Rinpoche gave at the end of each retreat?
Not every retreat as I remember it, rather now and then.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Are the webcasts over for now?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 am Are the webcasts over for now?
I had heard mid November, but that is subject to change.

The Merigar region is subject to very heavy rain and wind storms for a few days and this may disrupt transmission.

Perhaps somewhere Dzogchen Masters are always transmitting and perhaps somewhere Dzogchen practitioners are always practicing.

Vasana

Post by Vasana »

There is a new schedule until the 4th Nov. It's been sent in Italian so I'm sure the other languages will follow.
5pm Merigar practuce today usual.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Vasana wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm There is a new schedule until the 4th Nov. It's been sent in Italian so I'm sure the other languages will follow.
5pm Merigar practuce today usual.
from 29 Oct to Nov 4 Webcast Practices from Merigar West

all times are (GMT+1:00) [*notice time change in europe]

practices will continue as follows:

Monday 29 october
10:00 – 11:30 Purification with Vajrasattva and the 25 spaces of samantabadra
17:00 Medium Ganapuja

Tuesday 30 october
17:00 Medium Ganapuja

Wednesday 31 october
17:00 Ganapuja

Thursday 1 november
08:00 – 9:20 Vajrasattva practice
10:00 – Short explanation of the Shitro practice
10.15 – 11.30 Shitro practice
12.00 – 13.00 Guruyoga
15:00 – 16:15 Guruyoga
17:00 – 18:00 Ganapuja with invocation of the lamp (Marme Monlam)

Friday 2 november
12.30 – Explanation of the Guruyoga practice
13.00 – 13-13.30 Guruyoga for the anniversary of Adzom Drugpa
15.00 – 16-30 Practice of the Guruyoga
17:00 – Ganapuja with invocation of the lamp (Marme Monlam)

Saturday 3 november
10:00 – Shitro practice
12.00 – 13.00 Guruyoga

Sunday 4 november
10:00 – Shitro practice
12.00 – 13.00 Guruyoga
15:00 – 16:15 Guruyoga

connect to webcast at:
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?i ... ther-html5

download the practices at:

Vajrasattva practice
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/data/upload ... ttva-3.pdf
Vajrasattva Purification & 25 Spaces Samantabhadra
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/data/upload ... bhadra.pdf

audio only stream:
https://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php? ... audio-only

All together in the same state.
All together purifying our Samaya.
All together keeping the Precious Teachings in our heart.

with warm and kind regards

Webcast Team
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Thanks, I got the email too after all.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

oldbob wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 pm
Tlalok wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:48 pm What are the requirements to be able to read the Precious Vase? I want to use it to get into the preliminaries in a deeper sense.
After the Tsog tonight, I asked Adriano Clemente what were the requirements to be able to read the "Precocious Vase." He stated, "Sincere interest." I then specifically asked if DI were a requirement for reading permission and he said "no." He also stated that any Vajrayana empowerment was sufficient to allow the practices in the Precious Vase. This was a much more liberal interpretation than I had expected. If I understood him correctly, It means that new SMS Base study and practice can go on without DI transmission by ChNNR.

The restrictions for the Precious Vase on the Shang Shung Publications website read:

"This product is directed to persons interested in Dzogchen teachings who received direct introduction from a qualified master. If you didn't receive it yet but have serious interest in the teachings, you may purchase this product but must receive it as soon as you have this possibility"

So it appears the reading permissions are open to anyone with sincere interest ordering the Precious Vase.

Further kindly information from one of the best of the best of the SMS:

“In a recent communication between Rinpoche and the IDC, Rinpoche has agreed that during this period, when it has not been possible for him to give the transmission, that those people without transmission but with sincere interest in the Dzogchen teachings and desire to participate, can be admitted to SMS base courses, and First Level Yantra and Vajra Dance Courses. They will also be welcome at the Ganapuja.
Furthermore, after three years, even if they do not have transmission, they will be eligible for membership in the Dzogchen Community.
It should be noted, however, that at the first possible opportunity to receive the transmission, those persons should make a sincere attempt to be present.”

That’s official…

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

oldbob wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm

“In a recent communication between Rinpoche and the IDC, Rinpoche has agreed that during this period, when it has not been possible for him to give the transmission, that those people without transmission but with sincere interest in the Dzogchen teachings and desire to participate, can be admitted to SMS base courses, and First Level Yantra and Vajra Dance Courses. They will also be welcome at the Ganapuja.
Furthermore, after three years, even if they do not have transmission, they will be eligible for membership in the Dzogchen Community.
It should be noted, however, that at the first possible opportunity to receive the transmission, those persons should make a sincere attempt to be present.”

That’s official…

It may be official, but we cannot assume it to be current, as it relates to a specific period, and cannot be assumed to be a permanent policy at all. The opportunity to receive the transmission from Rinpoche is no longer present, and no official announcement has been made about what will now take place. I do wish people would not second-guess officlal DC policy which has yet to be announced, or assume that advice on the hoof from one senior teacher is a universal DC policy. It is not helpful.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:05 pm
oldbob wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:05 pm

That’s official…

It may be official, but we cannot assume it to be current, as it relates to a specific period, and cannot be assumed to be a permanent policy at all. The opportunity to receive the transmission from Rinpoche is no longer present, and no official announcement has been made about what will now take place. I do wish people would not second-guess officlal DC policy which has yet to be announced, or assume that advice on the hoof from one senior teacher is a universal DC policy. It is not helpful.

AFAIC If Adriano Clemente actually said what he said, IMO that pretty much clenches it, if we were able to get formal confirmation. If anyone has email relationships with senior SMS teachers, they should probably just pop off an email if they are really concerned. I would do so, but honestly I feel like having this snarky argument and bugging someone with it at a time like this is well, worse than if someone accidentally reads Precious Vase when they're not supposed to, ...ymmv.

At any rate, imma close the thread for a while if the pointless arguing over this continues until such time as someone gets an official statement one way or the other.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Shang Shung has two DVDs on Chod
-"Teachings on Chod"
and
-"Practice of Chod"
The former is a DVD and the latter is an MP4 DVD.

Sometimes I've ordered books that have been different editions of the same product; does anyone know if these two DVDs contain the same information, or if they are companions?

Thanks
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

climb-up wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 pm Shang Shung has two DVDs on Chod
-"Teachings on Chod"
and
-"Practice of Chod"

Sometimes I've ordered books that have been different editions of the same product; does anyone know if these two DVDs contain the same information, or if they are companions?

Thanks
Quite different.

There was a Chod retreat (2013 or 2014, I think) in Tenerife, during which Rinpoche taught the standard DC Chod as well as the Laughter of the Dakinis. The two DVDs cover it, the Teachings one being a recording of the teachings, and the other of the practices.

There is, or was, also an earlier DVD, Chod: Explanations and Practice, which is a recording of two much earlier retreats devoted to our standard Chod.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 pm
climb-up wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 pm Shang Shung has two DVDs on Chod
-"Teachings on Chod"
and
-"Practice of Chod"

Thanks
Quite different.

There was a Chod retreat (2013 or 2014, I think) in Tenerife, during which Rinpoche taught the standard DC Chod as well as the Laughter of the Dakinis. The two DVDs cover it, the Teachings one being a recording of the teachings, and the other of the practices.

There is, or was, also an earlier DVD, Chod: Explanations and Practice, which is a recording of two much earlier retreats devoted to our standard Chod.
Ah! Thank you very much.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

I'm a little confused about the Anniversary of Adzom Drugpa. The original notice from Merigar said 13:00 their time, which it said was GMT +1, making it 8:00 Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -5) here in the US.

However, Merigar sent an update tonight that says they are GMT +2, making the EDT time 7:00. (DST here doesn't end until Sunday morning, November 4th.)

I checked timeanddate.com, and that says that 13:00 on November 2 in Assisi (CET) will be 8:00 EDT.

Can anyone clarify that for me? I think the original notice was correct and the update is mistaken.

- Jeff
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Can you use incense as additional offering for ganapuja? I suppose yes but I have not seen it mentioned other than for specific purposes.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm Can you use incense as additional offering for ganapuja? I suppose yes but I have not seen it mentioned other than for specific purposes.
Incense is used after all we are also offering smell and incense represents that. If I am correct it is a way how to connect to the guardians as the incense is burning and that symbolises their activity or can be a support for them to manifest. I am not really sure at the moment but I think more reliable info on that can be found in the Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja book or in the bookled dealing with guardians.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm Can you use incense as additional offering for ganapuja? I suppose yes but I have not seen it mentioned other than for specific purposes.
lit one before start and at beginning of naggon.

If you mean imaginary, of course you can, of various materials :)

There is also a little booklet of ganapuya, with substantial information.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Miroku wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:29 pm
Incense is used after all we are also offering smell and incense represents that. If I am correct it is a way how to connect to the guardians as the incense is burning and that symbolises their activity or can be a support for them to manifest. I am not really sure at the moment but I think more reliable info on that can be found in the Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja book or in the bookled dealing with guardians.
Thanks, that is what I think too. It makes sense that you can add whatever offerings related to any sense you want. I read the teachings on thun months ago and I don't remember any specific mention for adding incense as an extra offering. I will take a look in it again.
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:11 pm
lit one before start and at beginning of naggon.

If you mean imaginary, of course you can, of various materials :)

There is also a little booklet of ganapuya, with substantial information.
Now that you mention it I think this is what they do at group ganapujas so it seems like a good idea.

Return to “Dzogchen”