Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Pero

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Pero »

heart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:43 pm
Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm
heart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm

It is a very interesting book. Also, I recently read "The Life and Times of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö" where one gets to hear "the other side" of the story of how come Khyentse Chökyi Wangchug left Dzongsar and Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö moved in at Dzongsar.

/magnus
Wish you hadn't mentioned that. I took a look and now just feel more disgusted with tulku businesses.
It is really just Tibetan business in the end,

/magnus
I suppose you're right.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:43 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:41 pm Here, you mean:
https://www.amazon.com/Times-Jamyang-Kh ... 1611803772
?
Yeah, pg. 32 onwards until end. When you compare with ChNN's account, seems to be a huge difference of opinion about Chago Tobden's devotion to Heka Lingpa.
That's not the only difference. By reading OT''s account you get the impression Uncle Khyentse (of apparently questionable recognition to some) was just some ordinary dude who chanced into luxury etc.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm
Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm
Wish you hadn't mentioned that. I took a look and now just feel more disgusted with tulku businesses.

/magnus
I suppose you're right.
But then ChNN does want us to read his book, does he not?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm
?
Yeah, pg. 32 onwards until end. When you compare with ChNN's account, seems to be a huge difference of opinion about Chago Tobden's devotion to Heka Lingpa.
That's not the only difference. By reading OT''s account you get the impression Uncle Khyentse (of apparently questionable recognition to some) was just some ordinary dude who chanced into luxury etc.
Yup.
Pero

Post by Pero »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:59 pm
Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm

/magnus
I suppose you're right.
But then ChNN does want us to read his book, does he not?
Sure.
- Shabkar
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

Does any one have any info about the upcoming Ati Yoga retreat at Dzamling Gar this December? The website does seem to have any other information about the retreat outside of the date.
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Is it appropriate to have images of the guardians and Guru Tragphur, Simhamukha on the shrine in my room, to assist with visualisation in thun practice?
krodha

Post by krodha »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am Is it appropriate to have images of the guardians and Guru Tragphur, Simhamukha on the shrine in my room, to assist with visualisation in thun practice?
Yes.
MiphamFan

Post by MiphamFan »

If defending Lakar wasn't enough reason not to receive teachings from Tobgyal then this is.

I trust ChNN over some second-hand rumours Tobgyal heard.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

csmorg96 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:23 am Does any one have any info about the upcoming Ati Yoga retreat at Dzamling Gar this December? The website does seem to have any other information about the retreat outside of the date.
I also want to know, mostly about the drubchen. According to the calendar, it will be combined with the losar celebration, but two weeks seems very long. Is there some information from previous years about what to expect more or less? I am not sure it will be possible to attend the whole two-week event.
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

krodha wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:27 am
dharmafootsteps wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am Is it appropriate to have images of the guardians and Guru Tragphur, Simhamukha on the shrine in my room, to assist with visualisation in thun practice?
Yes.
Great, thank you.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

?
ok, so I ordered the book because Rinpoche recommends it...however, can anyone clue me in to the reason why he wants everyone to read it? Apparently there is a story going around that this version of events corrects?
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Fa Dao wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm
ok, so I ordered the book because Rinpoche recommends it...however, can anyone clue me in to the reason why he wants everyone to read it? Apparently there is a story going around that this version of events corrects?
I would also like to know.

Kevin
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Perhaps it was brought to his attention that the book was not selling well and that there were many copies which had not been sold.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Not sure' about a story "going around" (although in the book preface it mentions the tensions are alive and well) but basically I think that it's because an incredible master like Uncle Khyentse was pretty much erased from Tibetan history due to power struggles between his and Khyentse Chokyi Lodro's attendants. We as his students also received teachings that come from Uncle Khyentse - Guru Tragphur and Vajrapani are his terma teachings (all other termas of his were lost if I remember right). So we should know about him and we can't really read about him anywhere else. That book on KCL's life is probably the only one that says something about it and if you read just that you could develop wrong views about Uncle Khyentse.

Doesn't mean Malcolm's reason can't be true as well haha.
- Shabkar
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

oh ok...well thats cool..if he thinks its a good read..good enough for me
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:45 pm
Perhaps it was brought to his attention that the book was not selling well and that there were many copies which had not been sold.

I'm glad it was not just me that thought occurred to.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Harimoo

Post by Harimoo »

Fa Dao wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm ok, so I ordered the book because Rinpoche recommends it...however, can anyone clue me in to the reason why he wants everyone to read it?
Because you've got to know the previous life of your future guru ?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Harimoo wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm
Fa Dao wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm ok, so I ordered the book because Rinpoche recommends it...however, can anyone clue me in to the reason why he wants everyone to read it?
Yeshe Namkhai is only the guru of those who choose to follow his teachings.
florin

Post by florin »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 pm
Harimoo wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm
Yeshe Namkhai is only the guru of those who choose to follow his teachings.
In an interview from 2010 rinpoche said that the future responsibilities for his longsal termas lie with his son.

Return to “Dzogchen”