Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Malcolm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm »

Spelare wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am If I want to dedicate time to reading a Dzogchen text, say a tantra or a terma, does it make sense to integrate that into a thun?
Practice Ati Guruyoga in the beginning. Read with mindfulness and awareness. Authenticate with a dedication in end.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Open Letter From Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
Dear All My Students,

I want to communicate one very important thing to you. I have discovered that most of my students have not read the biography of my Uncle Rinpoche Khyentse Chökyi Wangchug. The Lamp That Enlightens Narrow Minds. I want you to know that reading this biography is really very important, not only for knowing his general life situation or how he was or what he did in his life, but it is also very much closely related with the condition of my life.

If you are following me to receive my teachings and you consider that I am your teacher and you are my student, then you should know very well how my condition is in this world. If you do not know my situation concretely in this world, later you could find some problems that do not correspond to the relative situation. So, please, read the biography and then you can understand how important it really is.

I wrote this biography for that reason and Enrico dedicated to work for some years to translate it. Finally now you have the possibility to read it and understand its sense.

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
http://melong.com/open-letter-from-chog ... hai-norbu/
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

There are new retreats scheduled too: http://melong.com/complete-schedule/
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Norwegian wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 pm
Dear All My Students,

I want to communicate one very important thing to you. I have discovered that most of my students have not read the biography of my Uncle Rinpoche Khyentse Chökyi Wangchug. The Lamp That Enlightens Narrow Minds. I want you to know that reading this biography is really very important, not only for knowing his general life situation or how he was or what he did in his life, but it is also very much closely related with the condition of my life.

If you are following me to receive my teachings and you consider that I am your teacher and you are my student, then you should know very well how my condition is in this world. If you do not know my situation concretely in this world, later you could find some problems that do not correspond to the relative situation. So, please, read the biography and then you can understand how important it really is.

I wrote this biography for that reason and Enrico dedicated to work for some years to translate it. Finally now you have the possibility to read it and understand its sense.

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

Available from Amazon as paper book or Kindle version, or paper book from SSI store.

https://www.amazon.com/Lamp-That-Enligh ... khai+norbu
Last edited by Mantrik on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

thank you, i was looking for this letter.

:woohoo:
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
pael

Post by pael »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 pm
Dear All My Students,

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

Available from Amazon as paper book or Kindle version, or paper book from SSI store.

https://www.amazon.com/Lamp-That-Enligh ... khai+norbu
Any PDF version?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Wow. That was fast - almost all sold out. KIndle edition available though, of course.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Dear All My Students,

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
What does this mean, especially the second paragraph? Reading the book will help ChNN's health? Not reading it will cause/is causing us and him problems? What does it mean to 'know his situation concretely in this world"? They have been very vague about his health.
florin

Post by florin »

Spelare wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 am If I want to dedicate time to reading a Dzogchen text, say a tantra or a terma, does it make sense to integrate that into a thun? If so, at what point in the thun should I do it? The goal I have in mind is that being in the right frame of mind should help me get more out of the text, and also reading certain texts can be an aid to contemplation. Are there any established procedures for this, or is this a matter of individual preference?

Chose a text that you can connect with and start with Ati GY. Then read short passages and pause to think of the intellectual meaning. Then try to relate those ideas to your immediate circumstances. And at the end do GY again and rest beyond concept. Rinse repeat...
As for integrating this into a tun i wouldn't know how this could be done.
heart

Post by heart »

Dear All My Students,

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
It is a very interesting book. Also, I recently read "The Life and Times of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö" where one gets to hear "the other side" of the story of how come Khyentse Chökyi Wangchug left Dzongsar and Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö moved in at Dzongsar.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 pm
Dear All My Students,

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
It is a very interesting book. Also, I recently read "The Life and Times of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö" where one gets to hear "the other side" of the story of how come Khyentse Chökyi Wangchug left Dzongsar and Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö moved in at Dzongsar.

/magnus
Wish you hadn't mentioned that. I took a look and now just feel more disgusted with tulku businesses.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Lhasa wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:08 pm
Dear All My Students,

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
What does this mean, especially the second paragraph? Reading the book will help ChNN's health? Not reading it will cause/is causing us and him problems? What does it mean to 'know his situation concretely in this world"? They have been very vague about his health.
Perhaps you're thinking of "condition of his life" - he's not reffering to his health. He's probably talking about his position in Tibetan Buddhist circles.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

/magnus
Wish you hadn't mentioned that. I took a look and now just feel more disgusted with tulku businesses.
It is really just Tibetan business in the end,

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Pero wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

/magnus
Would you be so kind as to summarise the whole mysterious business in two-three sentences? I have an awful feeling that everybody in the room is talking about an incident I should so obviously know about -- but do not...
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:51 pm
Would you be so kind as to summarise the whole mysterious business in two-three sentences? I have an awful feeling that everybody in the room is talking about an incident I should so obviously know about -- but do not...
Retainers of Chokyi Lodo had problems with retainers of Chokyi Wangchuck. This lead to Chokyi Wangchuck's leaving Derge for good.

M
treehuggingoctopus

Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:25 pm
Retainers of Chokyi Lodo had problems with retainers of Chokyi Wangchuck. This lead to Chokyi Wangchuck's leaving Derge for good.

M
Thank you, Malcolm. Did the series end there and then, or are they still broadcasting new episodes?

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:32 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:25 pm

M
Thank you, Malcolm. Did the series end there and then, or are they still broadcasting new episodes?
The latest is the version of events recounted by OT in the JKCL, which on the face of it seem barely credible.
treehuggingoctopus

Edmond Jabès
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:41 pm Here, you mean:
https://www.amazon.com/Times-Jamyang-Kh ... 1611803772
?
Yeah, pg. 32 onwards until end. When you compare with ChNN's account, seems to be a huge difference of opinion about Chago Tobden's devotion to Heka Lingpa.
treehuggingoctopus

Thank you!

Edmond Jabès

Return to “Dzogchen”