Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

dzoki

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by dzoki »

Joseph wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am - Are there any Longsal texts that are available to someone whom does not have the Longsal initiation?
Yes, as long as you receive particular lung and instructions and have received direct introduction, you can do practices such ngondro (semdzin and rushan), yoga of clarity and emptiness, Mandarava practice, basic Kalachakra practice, mantras of 25 spaces of Samantabhadra, semde practices and tregcho.

Specific empowerments are required for practice of Mandarava tsa-lung, longde, Jnanadakini (outer, inner and secret), thogal and yangti.
Joseph wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am - Is there any recommended order to progress through the practices contained within the precious vase ? (Apart from the order of presentation) . Iv'e worked through the first six Lojong and am building up to Med Kumbhaka through RB, about to start either the four immeasurable or Semdzin.

Thank you : ) :bow:
There is no particular order as long as you do all of the practices (I suppose you want to do the base exam). The only exception being secret rushen, which is better to be done in sequnce body - speech - mind.
khemmis

Post by khemmis »

Guys, thank you for your help with my last question concerning Mandarava practice. :heart: Now I'm wondering if I can practice Long-Life practice of Gury Amitayus just by receiving Amitayus lung from the last retreat. I have this practice in my mind: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 07779.html

Also, does this practice is easier to learn than Dakini Mandarava? Because from the looks of it, Mandarava practice seems quite long and elaborate for newbie like me, which is fine, but I'm also looking for long-life practice which I could start right away.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Jeff H wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm
heart wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:57 pm
Aryjna wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 pm http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 06420.html Does this book cover everything as far as explanations related to all Mandarava practices go? Or is there more in other books?

If yes, then it seems you are completely covered with this, the practice text http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 08509.html and the original terma text http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 05270.html

So is this book pointless if you have the above? http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 05782.html
I have all these books, and yes there is overlapping information in them. Start with the first three and then add the last one if you want to be more sure of the instructions. Or if you don't have the tsa-lung transmission skip the first. Rinpoche have been teaching on this Mandarava practices many times and every time there are small differences if you are in to this practice then everything have a lot of value.

/magnus
It seems that shop.shangshungfoundation.com, referenced in Aryjna's post and shangshung.org/store are two different organizations ... or at least do not share a membership database.

I followed the "Shang Shung USA Store" link from the Tsegyalgar East website, and created an account there. That's where I have purchased all my books and recordings so far. Is there a way to link that registration to the Shang Shung Foundation site? Should I create a second account at the Foundation site? For example, is there different inventory?

:shrug:
I created a second account for the Foundation because they have more e-books and also some out of stock books such as Precious Vase, Namkha, as well as some new books not yet available in US.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Lukeinaz wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Jeff H wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm Should I create a second account at the Foundation site? For example, is there different inventory?
I created a second account for the Foundation because they have more e-books and also some out of stock books such as Precious Vase, Namkha, as well as some new books not yet available in US.
Thanks. I think I'll do the same and try them out. I have one minor complaint about SSI-USA, which is they seem to be a little slow with digital orders. I ordered 2 e-books and 2 mp3s on January 2nd, and the paypal transaction completed that day, but I've only received 1 e-book so far. I've experienced the same delay from them in the past. As I said, though, it's a minor issue.
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva
Pero

Post by Pero »

khemmis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 pm Guys, thank you for your help with my last question concerning Mandarava practice. :heart: Now I'm wondering if I can practice Long-Life practice of Gury Amitayus just by receiving Amitayus lung from the last retreat. I have this practice in my mind: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 07779.html

Also, does this practice is easier to learn than Dakini Mandarava? Because from the looks of it, Mandarava practice seems quite long and elaborate for newbie like me, which is fine, but I'm also looking for long-life practice which I could start right away.
Yes you can practice Amitayus if you got the lung and yes it is easier than Mandarava. Easier than the long and short ones anyway.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Jeff H wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Thanks. I think I'll do the same and try them out. I have one minor complaint about SSI-USA, which is they seem to be a little slow with digital orders. I ordered 2 e-books and 2 mp3s on January 2nd, and the paypal transaction completed that day, but I've only received 1 e-book so far. I've experienced the same delay from them in the past. As I said, though, it's a minor issue.
You can try giving them a call on Mondays and Thursdays. (413) 369-4473.

Kevin
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

dzoki wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 am
Yes, as long as you receive particular lung and instructions and have received direct introduction, you can do practices such ngondro (semdzin and rushan), yoga of clarity and emptiness, Mandarava practice, basic Kalachakra practice, mantras of 25 spaces of Samantabhadra, semde practices and tregcho.

Specific empowerments are required for practice of Mandarava tsa-lung, longde, Jnanadakini (outer, inner and secret), thogal and yangti.

There is no particular order as long as you do all of the practices (I suppose you want to do the base exam). The only exception being secret rushen, which is better to be done in sequnce body - speech - mind.
Thank you :)

oh, one more thing , I see in the text that secret rushen is denoted with SAMAYA - so it's necessary to receive the oral instructions from lineage teacher (Just ChNN ?) - correct? :)

Much love
dzoki

Post by dzoki »

Joseph wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:54 am

oh, one more thing , I see in the text that secret rushen is denoted with SAMAYA - so it's necessary to receive the oral instructions from lineage teacher (Just ChNN ?) - correct? :)

Much love
Of course it is necessary to get instructions, otherwise how would one know how to practice the method propperly? I would say this applies to any method of vajrayana. The text may include many clear instructions itself but there are often useful pieces of advice that are not included in the text and are given in the framework of oral instruction. In case of practices of dzogchen community, you can also ask sms instructors or some older practitioners, who have done this practice, but always make sure to also get instructions from Rinpoche, when the opportunity arises. Rinpoche has taught rushen many times and I hope he still will.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Joseph wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:54 am

Much love
Would be ideal, but no need. Booklet is enough. In case of more interest join some rushen retreat to get more isntruction from experienced practitioners.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

khemmis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 pm Guys, thank you for your help with my last question concerning Mandarava practice. :heart: Now I'm wondering if I can practice Long-Life practice of Gury Amitayus just by receiving Amitayus lung from the last retreat. I have this practice in my mind: http://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en ... 07779.html

There is also essential Mandarava practice and that is pretty easy to perform. So you can do that maybe if you are interested, unless you feel especially drawn by the Amitayus.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Mantras and Invocations E Download

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Mantras and Invocations E Download

Does anyone know, does the above contain only pronunciations, or pronunciations and melodies? Feel free to PM.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Norwegian

Re: Mantras and Invocations E Download

Post by Norwegian »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 am Mantras and Invocations E Download

Does anyone know, does the above contain only pronunciations, or pronunciations and melodies? Feel free to PM.
Only pronunciations, no melodies.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Miroku wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 am
Would be ideal, but no need. Booklet is enough. In case of more interest join some rushen retreat to get more isntruction from experienced practitioners.
Thank you :smile:
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Does anyone one know which of the four practices that are in the Mandarava practice book will be done in the practice sessions on the upcoming retreat (or which is likely to be done)?

I haven't done Mandarava practice before and would like to start reading up on it beforehand.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

THE LONGSAL DIVINATION
OF DORJE YUDRÖNMA

When this was first published as an ebook the responses were incpmplete, and there was to be an updated ebook sent out once the full set of responses was available. Does anyone know if this took place, please?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
florin

Post by florin »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 am THE LONGSAL DIVINATION
OF DORJE YUDRÖNMA

When this was first published as an ebook the responses were incpmplete, and there was to be an updated ebook sent out once the full set of responses was available. Does anyone know if this took place, please?
I believe the manual was first published in 2012.
I have the 2014 edition which says it is the " new revised and expanded edition"
It should say on the front cover "revised and expanded edition"
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

florin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am
OF DORJE YUDRÖNMA

I have the 2014 edition which says it is the " new revised and expanded edition"
Thanks. I'll check. :)
Mine was definitely 2012.
Edit: I've contacted them to ask for the new edition.

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Mantrik wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:34 am
florin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am
OF DORJE YUDRÖNMA

Thanks. I'll check. :)
Mine was definitely 2012.
Edit: I've contacted them to ask for the new edition.
The pdf of the revisions arrived a short while ago. Brilliant service! :)

Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Virgo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Kevin
I thought I should post an update, on the off-chance anyone was led to question SSI-USA's service based on my previous post. I contacted them and it turns out they had send all four of my items the same day, three days after I placed my order. Each download link was a separate email, but they all had the same sender and subject, so they were collapsed in one conversation in Gmail. I only noticed the first message, then sat around waiting for the other three for two weeks. :emb:
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Jeff H wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm
Virgo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Kevin
I thought I should post an update, on the off-chance anyone was led to question SSI-USA's service based on my previous post. I contacted them and it turns out they had send all four of my items the same day, three days after I placed my order. Each download link was a separate email, but they all had the same sender and subject, so they were collapsed in one conversation in Gmail. I only noticed the first message, then sat around waiting for the other three for two weeks. :emb:
Gmail is a pain in the ass when it does that. It's caught me out a few times too, and it is also really hard to then re-open them all. It seems to think more than one email from the same address is a 'conversation' so strings them all together, so like opening a thread on DW and seeing only one post.

Return to “Dzogchen”