Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

heart

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart »

tomamundsen wrote:
heart wrote:
Lhasa wrote:Just in case there are any DC members left here, where can I find the melodies for the 6 Syllables and the 100 Syllable and short Vajrasattva mantras?
Why would they have left?

/magnus
Malcolm left. Not sure exactly sure who else left, but I have seen posts that seem to indicate that there have been others following Malcolm out of here.
Strange, username is super pro ChNNR, I don't get it.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:hi: all and All.

I'm still here - was off DW, till now, while traveling. Now in my little house in Castle del Piano (with 3 king bees)and cleaning up after a year away.

Today I changed 6 faucet washers, arranged with the water company for a new water line (water is bright orange with rust), arranged for the neighbor to cut the grass (3 feet high), got the 5Ghz internet turned on, and watched the world class CdP sunset over the golden valley. (Big WOW) Enjoyed several dinners with friends. 5 of the 6 new fruit trees made it through the dry Italian Summer. Nice to be home!

Read Malcolm's parting and was sad but respectful. Everyone should be free to work out their enlightenment with diligence. If not posting on DW, is diligence for Malcolm - all the best - he will be missed. Thank you Malcolm. :twothumbsup: :thanks: :applause:

Read usernames last posts and no mention of leaving. :smile:

Went to Elio's Mandarava retreat in London and we were taught the full Mandarava Tsa Lung in two, two hour sessions. Nice to see old friends. Nice that Elio's health is better. Elio rocks! Highly recommend attending anything that Elio is teaching, because your takeaway will be useful and the "real thing." :buddha1: :smile:

Elio really wants you to "get it". This is very rare. He does not teach to hear himself talk. A good time was had by all. :cheers: The wheel was turned.

The DC should keep him on the road as much as his health allows. Thank you Elio. :twothumbsup: :thanks: :applause:

Best,

ob
heart

Post by heart »

Good to hear that oldbob and that you are having a good time. Wish we could have a glass of cold wine and a long chat while the sun sets, but it seems I am for ever stuck in this dark grey Nordic autumn. :cheers:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

heart wrote:Good to hear that oldbob and that you are having a good time. Wish we could have a glass of cold wine and a long chat while the sun sets, but it seems I am for ever stuck in this dark grey Nordic autumn. :cheers:

/magnus
Finding the courage / possibility to change is not easy.

Anything constructed can be deconstructed (and will be).

I think I've heard the phrase, a little, "Do your best."

So far I have managed not to step on a king bee (in my bare feet). :smile:

:cheers:
heart

Post by heart »

oldbob wrote:
heart wrote:Good to hear that oldbob and that you are having a good time. Wish we could have a glass of cold wine and a long chat while the sun sets, but it seems I am for ever stuck in this dark grey Nordic autumn. :cheers:

/magnus
Finding the courage / possibility to change is not easy.

Anything constructed can be deconstructed (and will be).

I think I've heard the phrase, a little, "Do your best."

So far I have managed not to step on a king bee (in my bare feet). :smile:

:cheers:
I truly need some deconstruction :smile: I will do my best.

With "king bee" I am guessing you mean these fellows http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_hornet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Used to have a lot of them in Greece when I lived there, nasty fellows.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

heart wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:
heart wrote:
Why would they have left?

/magnus
Malcolm left. Not sure exactly sure who else left, but I have seen posts that seem to indicate that there have been others following Malcolm out of here.

/magnus
Dear Magnus

As a card-carrying paid-up bear of little brain, I don't really get it either. Dukkha? :cry:
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90
heart

Post by heart »

Sally Gross wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Dear Magnus

As a card-carrying paid-up bear of little brain, I don't really get it either. Dukkha? :cry:
After reading this http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it isn't much clearer, just a lot longer and sadder. Anyway, I like bears with a little brain and a big hearts :heart:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

deepbluehum

Post by deepbluehum »

If I could forward a small suggestion? All DC vajra siblings please make up and be ready to hug and kiss by the next tsok. I fear this row will cost Rinpoche some days on this planet. I felt a little bit like I could die today. This is very serious. Everyone say sorry and let everything go.
username

Post by username »

BARCELONA RETREAT
October 12th - 16th, 2012

Terma teaching of Adzom Drugpa’s Avalokite Shvara Khorva Dongtruk.
OPEN WEBCAST, GMT +2

12th Oct. 4-6pm.
Giving introduction of this teaching and the transmission of Ati Guru Yoga with the Tridlung of Short Thun Practice.

13th Oct. 10am-12pm.
Giving a Donwang of Khorva Dongtruk.

14th Oct. 10am-12pm.
Instruction of Khorva Dongtruk Practice. And a tridlung of Short and Medium Gana Puja.

15th Oct. 10am-12pm.
Giving instruction of the practice Of Khorca Dongtruk and tridlung of Medium Thun Practice.
4-7pm. We altogether do a Gana Puja for the New Moon and for ending this retreat.

16th Oct. 10am-12pm.
Giving some advices for the daily life practices and tridlungs of collective practices and so on. We also do an Ati Guru Yoga altogether for finishing our retreat.

Current local time in Barcelona
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

I can't speak for anyone else, deepbluehum, but I was never the holding grudge type of person, even if I don't agree with many of the things you said for a long time now. But I could have a beer with you without giving it a second thought. Or with anyone else on this board, for that matter.

All I can say is that people can disagree, even get angry on occasion, but they shouldn't carry that anger with them for long.
I'm sure we will disagree many times, about many things in the future if we ever meet again in different pastures, but that doesn't mean we have to harbor bad feelings.

Besides, the DC is huge and there is great diversity among its members. Disagreements are bound to occur. After such episodes, we should watch our minds and hearts and make peace, if not externally, at least in our hearts. This doesn't mean agreeing, but being able to overcome any negative feeling that might remain. That is ALWAYS possible. If we can't do it, we really need to see what's happening because that's a very bad sign.
We will live longer that way. Probably Rinpoche will also be much more pleased.

Farewell! :hi:
username

Post by username »

Creative Vision and Inner Reality
CREATIVE VISION and INNER REALITY is a translation of Easing the Beginner’s Way: the Essential Points of Creation and Completion, written in verse at the age of twenty-seven by the amazing nineteenth century realized master and profound scholar Jamg ön Kongtrul Lodrö Thaye. Born in 1813 in Kham in eastern Tibet, Kongtrul offered this advice based on his own experiential understanding of these two basic methods in Tibetan Buddhist tantric meditation.

Read more here http://www.shangshungpublications.org/2 ... r-reality/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other new releases by Shang Shung Publications:
http://www.shangshungpublications.org/c ... -releases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

I am still here. A dedicated member of DC. :tongue:
Although I do not have the time anymore to participate a lot in the discussions of DW.

Cheers, everybody! :cheers:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I am not getting anything from the Webcast?
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:I am not getting anything from the Webcast?
Uhm, why would you? As far as I know the next webcast starts on the 12th. Was there something I missed?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Pero wrote:
Uhm, why would you? As far as I know the next webcast starts on the 12th. Was there something I missed?
:lol: My bad, I forgot the date. Sorry, it's quite late here and I just got home so I was just confused.
muni

Post by muni »

Homage to Precious Chogyal Namkhay Norbu Rinpoche and every every every Precious Master!!! :bow:
Joy, love, compassion in equanimity.

All embracing impartial Dzogchen its boundless penetrating shining love/compassion, no way to exclude any light or cut Dzogchen in pieces. Since undestructable, unobstructable.
Fullness of emptiness; transparant radiance!

* May all be well * :namaste:
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

muni wrote:Homage to Precious Chogyal Namkhay Norbu Rinpoche and every every every Precious Master!!! :bow:

All embracing impartial Dzogchen its boundless penetrating shining love/compassion, no way to exclude any light or cut Dzogchen in pieces. Since undestructable, unobstructable.

Well said, Muni. Thank you! :heart:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherlock wrote:
Pero wrote:
:lol: My bad, I forgot the date. Sorry, it's quite late here and I just got home so I was just confused.
Haha, I can understand that, happened to me before too. At least you're too early instead of too late. :smile:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

muni wrote:Homage to Precious Chogyal Namkhay Norbu Rinpoche and every every every Precious Master!!! :bow:

Yes, it is like that!

:heart:
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Hi All!

Do i need a specific lung to be allowed to read and do practices from Longsal vol. 1? Also, I have noticed, that there is missing this Longsal vol. 1 book at shangshung shop. Why is that? I really want to buy this, but don't know how :)

:namaste:

Return to “Dzogchen”