Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Aryjna

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Aryjna »

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02507.html

As for the book I mentioned in my previous post. I have been trying to find out what kind of transmissions it requires. I asked at the store and they said I can use it, but it sounds a bit weird, unless the A ti’i lam gnad sngon ’gro and the Vajrasattva/Six Lokas combination do not require any additional lungs other than the normal Six Lokas etc.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02507.html

As for the book I mentioned in my previous post. I have been trying to find out what kind of transmissions it requires. I asked at the store and they said I can use it, but it sounds a bit weird, unless the A ti’i lam gnad sngon ’gro and the Vajrasattva/Six Lokas combination do not require any additional lungs other than the normal Six Lokas etc.
You can see here where this specific teaching was transmitted, at least up until 2012 (I think the list from the SSI store is not recently updated):

The Purification of the Six Lokas as Preliminaries of the Path of Ati (A ti’i lam sngon rigs drug gnas sbyong, Ati'i lam gyi sngon 'gro, A ti’i lam gnad sngon ’gro), Longsal Teachings, Volume Three, pp. 8-135:

Tashigar Norte, Isla Margarita, Venezuela, April 8-23, 2002
Merigar West, Italy, August 9-18, 2002
Crimea, Ukraine, September 25-29, 2002
Namgyalgar, Australia, December 26, 2002-January 1, 2003
Budapest, Hungary, May 27-29, 2005
Tashigar Norte, Isla Margarita, Venezuela, April 30-May 6, 2006
Paris, France, May 18-22, 2006
Athens, Greece, October 3-7, 2012
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:17 pm
Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 pm https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02507.html

You can see here where this specific teaching was transmitted, at least up until 2012 (I think the list from the SSI store is not recently updated):

The Purification of the Six Lokas as Preliminaries of the Path of Ati (A ti’i lam sngon rigs drug gnas sbyong, Ati'i lam gyi sngon 'gro, A ti’i lam gnad sngon ’gro), Longsal Teachings, Volume Three, pp. 8-135:

I am looking now at the list again in more detail, I only started following the retreats last summer and have received everything since then. I told them what transmissions I have and they said I 'have access' to the books I asked about (including this one), but nothing else so I am not so sure they didn't miss something.

If the ngondro is made up of other practices that do not need a certain lung and/or that their lung has been given within the last year then it is ok I suppose, but I have not received the lung for it separately.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Several of the Longsal practices in the list are given along with other lungs at the end of retreats, so it doesn't make much sense that they list them in this way. For example, The Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces is given all the time at the end of retreats, but in the list a few very old retreats are listed as times when it was transmitted.

Edit: Also in the retreat lung lists it is not mentioned that the practices are found in detail in the Longsal volumes, even though certain practices are not found anywhere else (e.g. the Twenty-Five Spaces again)
Pero

Post by Pero »

You just need the lung for the regular six lokas that Rinpoche gives at the end of retreats.
Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 pm Several of the Longsal practices in the list are given along with other lungs at the end of retreats, so it doesn't make much sense that they list them in this way. For example, The Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces is given all the time at the end of retreats, but in the list a few very old retreats are listed as times when it was transmitted.

Edit: Also in the retreat lung lists it is not mentioned that the practices are found in detail in the Longsal volumes, even though certain practices are not found anywhere else (e.g. the Twenty-Five Spaces again)
25 Spaces that Rinpoche usually gives are not from Longsal but from Changchub Dorje. There is a book on that.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pero wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:48 pm

You just need the lung for the regular six lokas that Rinpoche gives at the end of retreats.
Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 pm Several of the Longsal practices in the list are given along with other lungs at the end of retreats, so it doesn't make much sense that they list them in this way. For example, The Upadesha on the Twenty-Five Spaces is given all the time at the end of retreats, but in the list a few very old retreats are listed as times when it was transmitted.

25 Spaces that Rinpoche usually gives are not from Longsal but from Changchub Dorje. There is a book on that.
Thanks, what is the book for the Twenty-Five Spaces? There is only a cd on the website https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 00053.html
Pero

Post by Pero »

Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 pm Thanks, what is the book for the Twenty-Five Spaces? There is only a cd on the website https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 00053.html
https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... &results=2
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Pero wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:51 pm
Aryjna wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 pm Thanks, what is the book for the Twenty-Five Spaces? There is only a cd on the website https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 00053.html
https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... &results=2
Thanks, it is strange that they only mention the cd in the lung lists.
khemmis

Post by khemmis »

Guys, how I can learn mudras for short practice of Mandarava on my own? Even with old Mandarava dvd video it's hard for me to follow Rinpoche. Maybe anyone of you could provide me with the names of the mudras from this practice? With mudra names, perhaps I could learn them from other resources. Yeah, I know it would be best to learn them from fellow practitioner but it's not an option at the moment. Thanks for any help. =)
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

khemmis wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:42 pm Guys, how I can learn mudras for short practice of Mandarava on my own? Even with old Mandarava dvd video it's hard for me to follow Rinpoche. Maybe anyone of you could provide me with the names of the mudras from this practice? With mudra names, perhaps I could learn them from other resources. Yeah, I know it would be best to learn them from fellow practitioner but it's not an option at the moment. Thanks for any help. =)
There is a video with the mudras on the webcast website, but you need to login to see it which requires a membership.
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

Does anyone have advice about how to do the Nine Breathings or other breathwork when at least one nostril is blocked, e.g. due to allergies or a cold? Aside from, of course, taking a decongestant or antihistamine.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.
Motova

Post by Motova »

Spelare wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm Does anyone have advice about how to do the Nine Breathings or other breathwork when at least one nostril is blocked, e.g. due to allergies or a cold? Aside from, of course, taking a decongestant or antihistamine.
Skip it
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Spelare wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm Does anyone have advice about how to do the Nine Breathings or other breathwork when at least one nostril is blocked, e.g. due to allergies or a cold? Aside from, of course, taking a decongestant or antihistamine.
I always have half blocked - deviated septum etc. I breathe as best I can and visualise the energy flow.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

I've heard it mentioned (It's in the kumbhaka dvd with Fabio who heard directly from Rinpoche) that the breathing is done both through the nostril and through the mouth simultaneously, thus a clogged nostril isn't really a hindrance at all.
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

Motova wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 pm
Skip it
Rinpoche never advised such, especially related to a formal practice. He's said at very least just do the last three breaths.
Motova

Post by Motova »

mechashivaz wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:53 pm
Motova wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 pm
Skip it
Rinpoche never advised such, especially related to a formal practice. He's said at very least just do the last three breaths.
Sorry, I got that advice on VC.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Norwegian wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Where can one find a list of when rlungs were given?

Dorje
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Is today's retreat being webcasted? My stream isn't working, is it working for others?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:01 pm Is today's retreat being webcasted? My stream isn't working, is it working for others?
Yes, it's webcasted here: https://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?id=live-stream

Return to “Dzogchen”