Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

dharmafootsteps

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Interestingly I was talking to a student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche recently and learned that their group has a sadhana practice that not only includes Song of the Vajra (and the purification of the five elements), but uses the same melody. Tsoknyi Rinpoche presumably received it from ChNN though.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 am
Miroku wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 am
heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:52 am

Yes, it is. But not with ChNNR's melody. Often a part of liberation of wearing mantras. Also there are several version.

/magnus
Yes, if I remember correctly the melody is really something special. It came to Rinpoche as a part of his Jnanadakiny dreams or it is from Jnanadakini. Either way it is special.
No, I think he got it from Ekajati in a dream.

/magnus
Oh, well I stand corrected then. :D Either way, it is special.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
heart

Post by heart »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 am Interestingly I was talking to a student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche recently and learned that their group has a sadhana practice that not only includes Song of the Vajra (and the purification of the five elements), but uses the same melody. Tsoknyi Rinpoche presumably received it from ChNN though.
Interesting, what is the sadhana called?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:00 am
dharmafootsteps wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:22 am Interestingly I was talking to a student of Tsoknyi Rinpoche recently and learned that their group has a sadhana practice that not only includes Song of the Vajra (and the purification of the five elements), but uses the same melody. Tsoknyi Rinpoche presumably received it from ChNN though.

/magnus
Very interesting indeed, and a piece of truly good news.

It is the first time I hear about a non-DC sangha doing a practice transmitted by ChNN. I take it as another sign that Tsoknyi Rinpoche might yet have a part to play in the transmission of ChNN's teachings.

Any details much appreciated.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:32 am

/magnus

It is the first time I hear about a non-DC sangha doing a practice transmitted by ChNN. I take it as another sign that Tsoknyi Rinpoche might yet have a part to play in the transmission of ChNN's teachings.

Yes, I've been looking into attending one of his retreats, this is good to know.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:14 am
Miroku wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 am
heart wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:52 am

Yes, it is. But not with ChNNR's melody. Often a part of liberation of wearing mantras. Also there are several version.

/magnus
Yes, if I remember correctly the melody is really something special. It came to Rinpoche as a part of his Jnanadakiny dreams or it is from Jnanadakini. Either way it is special.
No, I think he got it from Ekajati in a dream.

/magnus
It came from a dream of a ganapuja he had when he was around 10 years old. Since his uncle was in the dream, he asked his uncle if he knew this melody, but Heka Lingpa said he did not know that melody, and told ChNN to go to his other uncle, since SOV was part of Adzom Drukpa's practice; however, there, his other uncle taught him a melody that was used in Adzom Gar, but it was nothing like what ChNN heard in his dream at that Ganapuja. Later, when he started having dreams of the dance, the melody was slowed down considerably. I have heard recordings from the '70s where SOV was accompanied by harmonium and it was sung very rapidly compared even with the quick form of singing today.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:17 pm Later, when he started having dreams of the dance, the melody was slowed down considerably. I have heard recordings from the '70s where SOV was accompanied by harmonium and it was sung very rapidly compared even with the quick form of singing today.
Oh, that's the reason. I always wondered.
I have a recording which is about double the speed ChNN sings it. (Elio/Fabio?)

Is it wrong to sing it more quickly in routine practice, as opposed to when singing along with him?

Has ChNN ever said?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Regarding the Mandarava tsalung practice, is it generally better to do them all straight through and continue this way for a while, similar to how we did them in retreat. Or choosing several and really getting familiar with them before moving on. It seems like maybe we could have better experience by just choosing several, any thoughts?
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

/magnus
I'm not sure, I'll see her again tomorrow so will check then.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Aryjna wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 pm

/magnus

Yes, I've been looking into attending one of his retreats, this is good to know.
Transmision goes ahead :_)
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

/magnus

Tsultrum Allione gives Rinpoche's Chod.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

How is ChNN doing ?

:namaste:
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

An Open Letter To All Dzogchen Community
Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
After I returned from Rome to Tenerife, I went to the Via Adeje Clinic in Tenerife, where I had a health exam for two hours one morning. After the exam, my doctor told me that I should go to their Clinica Vida of North Tenerife.

We went to that clinic for three days. They checked all my body and did a very intensive cure on the second day. I felt completely cured and we returned to Dzamling Gar. After we returned, we went to visit my doctor each week. Each time we visited the doctor, I was checked again and again.

At Losar 2018 we started the Mandarava Drubchen. I prepared the teaching and the program, but when we arrived at almost a third of the Drubchen, my doctor said that I had to go to the Clinica Vida in North Tenerife again and that I had three weak points on my body. He also saw that I have a long travel program planned. He said that before we cured these three weak conditions and they were cured well, but this time we cannot let you leave and so for the reason, you should go to our Clinica Vida in North Tenerife, remaining for at least a week.

I went to the Clinica Vida, and many expert doctors took care of my three weak points: Heart, Kidney and Lungs. Each doctor was an expert in their field and they checked me for many days. After that week, I tried my best to follow the doctors’ advice. I remained at the Clinic for another week taking antibiotics and that became very heavy, day after day. My personal doctor said the antibiotics should be used correctly, otherwise it becomes disturbing for each of these three weak points. So that took another week. Finally they sent me back to Dzamling Gar.

I am still in my house, but there are two nurses and two doctors coming every day. When I arrived in Dzamling Gar, I still couldn’t move in a normal way. But day after day, I am normalizing and my energy is increasing quite quickly. I should still go to visit the Clinic and check my health every two weeks. The human body is very complicated.

During this period, you have written many emails to me. When I started to open them two days ago, I found my computer full of emails! It is impossible for me to read and reply to all of them, so I cancelled them. I am sorry. I am trying to reply to the whole Community with this communication and I hope it is not too long and complicated.

With many Tashi Delegs,

NN.
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

:heart:
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm
Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
After I returned from Rome to Tenerife, I went to the Via Adeje Clinic in Tenerife, where I had a health exam for two hours one morning. After the exam, my doctor told me that I should go to their Clinica Vida of North Tenerife.

We went to that clinic for three days. They checked all my body and did a very intensive cure on the second day. I felt completely cured and we returned to Dzamling Gar. After we returned, we went to visit my doctor each week. Each time we visited the doctor, I was checked again and again.

At Losar 2018 we started the Mandarava Drubchen. I prepared the teaching and the program, but when we arrived at almost a third of the Drubchen, my doctor said that I had to go to the Clinica Vida in North Tenerife again and that I had three weak points on my body. He also saw that I have a long travel program planned. He said that before we cured these three weak conditions and they were cured well, but this time we cannot let you leave and so for the reason, you should go to our Clinica Vida in North Tenerife, remaining for at least a week.

I went to the Clinica Vida, and many expert doctors took care of my three weak points: Heart, Kidney and Lungs. Each doctor was an expert in their field and they checked me for many days. After that week, I tried my best to follow the doctors’ advice. I remained at the Clinic for another week taking antibiotics and that became very heavy, day after day. My personal doctor said the antibiotics should be used correctly, otherwise it becomes disturbing for each of these three weak points. So that took another week. Finally they sent me back to Dzamling Gar.

I am still in my house, but there are two nurses and two doctors coming every day. When I arrived in Dzamling Gar, I still couldn’t move in a normal way. But day after day, I am normalizing and my energy is increasing quite quickly. I should still go to visit the Clinic and check my health every two weeks. The human body is very complicated.

During this period, you have written many emails to me. When I started to open them two days ago, I found my computer full of emails! It is impossible for me to read and reply to all of them, so I cancelled them. I am sorry. I am trying to reply to the whole Community with this communication and I hope it is not too long and complicated.

With many Tashi Delegs,

NN.
Thank you. :)
Perhaps this should also be a new separate thread in the DC subforum? It is very important that people know his condition and not to email him.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
PSM

Post by PSM »

Are there any DC books (or past issues of The Mirror) which talk about karma yoga? Hindu dharma has some great teachings on it, but I'd love some Buddhist instructions, especially from a dzogchen perspective.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Thank you Sherab Rigdrol :namaste:

If he was my father, I would beg him to relax and take a break for a year.or so.....and to not constantly be around people & so much activity. It takes a lot of energy to do what he does & he really needs to take a break.....a vacation... :heart:

He works too hard :crying:

Sorry if I'm speaking out of bounds. :spy:

:namaste:
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:31 pm
Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:49 pm
Chögyal Namkhai Norbu

With many Tashi Delegs,

NN.
Thank you. :)
Perhaps this should also be a new separate thread in the DC subforum? It is very important that people know his condition and not to email him.
it might be useful, so people with transmision can discuss more openly.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

does anyone know if there is another teaching source on GT yidam, that we use in thun-book?

i have read the booklet, but i wuld like to know more. details, teachings, if there is a text like a tantra, etc.

Stewart

Post by Stewart »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:53 am

/magnus
I'm not sure, I'll see her again tomorrow so will check then.
Hi,

Just wondering if you managed to find out any more information on this Sadhana?
s.

Return to “Dzogchen”