Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

jet.urgyen

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by jet.urgyen »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:16 pm
Mantrik wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 pm
I've not come across it, and just checked the Teachings on the Thun and Ganapuja book. If he hasn't perhaps use the 'Local Guardians of Place and Time'?
dharma isn't widely spread there, so there is no dharmapala. i think.
It wasn't even in America. Rinpoche saw how the landscape in the USA looked like and based on that assumed that certain class of beings is very powerful there. That is why North America has who it has as a special dharmapala.

There are not really any practitioners in Africa (from DC I mean and if there are it is just few people), plus Rinpoche never went to Africa. When he was supposed to go there for the first time he fell sick. So, we will never know what guardian would be for Africa.
prior to the arival of dharma there is no reason for a dharmapala to take over.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

LhakpaT wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:30 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:16 pm
Mantrik wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 pm
I've not come across it, and just checked the Teachings on the Thun and Ganapuja book. If he hasn't perhaps use the 'Local Guardians of Place and Time'?
dharma isn't widely spread there, so there is no dharmapala. i think.
How many would there have to be?
how nice!

i don't know, nor care cuz i don't teach. i guess there must be a master that makes an agreement or tame the locals and name a chieftan to watch out. like GP did. i mean the amount of faithful people isn't the cause.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:35 pm prior to the arival of dharma there is no reason for a dharmapala to take over.
But there are buddhist groups in Africa.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:05 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:35 pm prior to the arival of dharma there is no reason for a dharmapala to take over.
But there are buddhist groups in Africa.
The need for a Dharmapala doesn't depend on the beliefs or how many hold them, but on the nature of the practice.
I'm pretty sure there must be Vajrayana practitioners in Africa who practise Tantra at a level which requires a Dharmapala, and that they would have been given that as part of their empowerment if it was needed.

The question was about the continent itself, and I think here what we are discussing is whether there is a 'critical mass' of energies which has created the causes and conditions for there to need to be a defined Protector for that continent.

And so far, we don't know the answer, and so far nobody has replied that ChNN named one. Malcolm maybe knows?
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

I know Tenerife is “Spain” but has no one looked at a map? lol
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Pema Yolo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:25 pm I know Tenerife is “Spain” but has no one looked at a map? lol
and spain is closer to africa than the canarian islands...

the point is another.

Danny

Post by Danny »

Need some clarification on a point surrounding Namkha and charts, specific to double elements. Can someone with more than book understanding PM please? Many thanks, I have a few questions.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:27 pm Need some clarification on a point surrounding Namkha and charts, specific to double elements. Can someone with more than book understanding PM please? Many thanks, I have a few questions.
No need. I figured it out myself.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Danny wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:11 pm
Danny wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:27 pm Need some clarification on a point surrounding Namkha and charts, specific to double elements. Can someone with more than book understanding PM please? Many thanks, I have a few questions.
what are double elements?

Danny

Post by Danny »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:24 am
Water+water = deep water, and is in conflict with other elements of mewa etc.
Simplist way to describe it.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:51 am

To have it harmonious, balance with other elements just complicates things, but it’s doable,
Ya know! Mother-son, friend-enemy type of thing.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Danny wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:53 am

To have it harmonious, balance with other elements just complicates things, but it’s doable,
water+water can consolidate into deep water, but ¿do the other elements also consolidate in this way?

Danny

Post by Danny »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 pm

water+water can consolidate into deep water, but ¿do the other elements also consolidate in this way?
I checked and it only says water - #2
It says identical elements are harmonious, earth+earth, wood and wood etc, so yes they do stack, so harmony with themselves, but not with other elements if they fall on the friend/enemy clockwise anti clockwise relationship chart. If you think that a normal element is in conflict with another, what a double “deeper” element creates?
Short life? Stupidity? Bad luck? Lol
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Danny wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:52 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:59 pm

I checked and it only says water - #2
It says identical elements are harmonious, earth+earth, wood and wood etc, so yes they do stack, so harmony with themselves, but not with other elements if they fall on the friend/enemy clockwise anti clockwise relationship chart. If you think that a normal element is in conflict with another, what a double “deeper” element creates?
Short life? Stupidity? Bad luck? Lol
no, i meant that if other elements than water may "stack" like wate. for example water+water makes another situation, but, if i understood well, fire+fire means more of the same.

Moha

Post by Moha »

What's a good DC practice to do before moving into a new house? I was thinking of doing a Sang and Ganapuja at the new place before I start shifting my stuff over. That should cover everything, right?
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am What's a good DC practice to do before moving into a new house? I was thinking of doing a Sang and Ganapuja at the new place before I start shifting my stuff over. That should cover everything, right?
i think yes.

Moha

Post by Moha »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:25 pm i think yes.
Thanks, Javier.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:18 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:25 pm i think yes.
Thanks, Javier.
Ganapuja and sang is definitely a good idea. Also SoV empowers a place where it is sang, so slowly slowly it should be good.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Anyone has a online version of "stairway to liberation"?
Im looking for some written support for a retreat on the rushens from the dra thal gyur.

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02507.html

Does this book contain the SMS rushens of Ratna Lingpa or the ones from the dra thal gyur?
heart

Post by heart »

Tata1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:45 pm Anyone has a online version of "stairway to liberation"?
Im looking for some written support for a retreat on the rushens from the dra thal gyur.

https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02507.html

Does this book contain the SMS rushens of Ratna Lingpa or the ones from the dra thal gyur?
I think the rushens that you are looking are the one called "resting in naturalness" and "sustaining freshness" because I noticed that was what Elio was teaching. Never read anything on that from ChNNR that I can recall but they do exist in other Dzogchen teaching I got.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Dzogchen”