Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

User avatar
Aryjna
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Aryjna » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Tongnyid Dorje wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:28 pm
well, its sounds like He is not coming back to Merigar again...
He says in the end of the article that he will be back there next summer.

Miroku
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Miroku » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25401
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Deleted - already answered while I was posting.
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Miroku
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Miroku » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Mantrik wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm
Deleted - already answered while I was posting.
Thank you, guys! :namaste:
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Which was the main female deity?
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25401
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Which was the main female deity?
Simhamukha.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:47 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm


Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Which was the main female deity?
Simhamukha.
Thanks. :)
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

dharmafootsteps
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by dharmafootsteps » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am

Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

On the WWT DVD there is an explanation of the transmission for each of the three anniversaries, along with recordings of the actual practices. Obviously it's OK to watch the instructions for receiving transmission prior to doing so, but what about watching the actual practice itself, in order to learn the melodies and mudras. Is that OK, or were they only for watching 'live' when Rinpoche was actually giving transmission (i.e. the old style of watching the video at the same time, before transmissions started to be broadcast online)?

Miroku
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Miroku » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am

dharmafootsteps wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am
Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

On the WWT DVD there is an explanation of the transmission for each of the three anniversaries, along with recordings of the actual practices. Obviously it's OK to watch the instructions for receiving transmission prior to doing so, but what about watching the actual practice itself, in order to learn the melodies and mudras. Is that OK, or were they only for watching 'live' when Rinpoche was actually giving transmission (i.e. the old style of watching the video at the same time, before transmissions started to be broadcast online)?
Well, I belive it is okay. Explaining is nice and all, however it is good to be familiar with the melodies and stuff so one can relax a bit.
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

User avatar
SuryaMitra
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by SuryaMitra » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
In most sources it say`s A A SHA SA MA HA, yet N.N.Norbu Rinpoche uses Ha A HA SHA SA MA, can anyone tell me what`s the reason behind that, is it from different termas? I would welcome some explanation. Thnx

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4018
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm
I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
In most sources it say`s A A SHA SA MA HA, yet N.N.Norbu Rinpoche uses Ha A HA SHA SA MA, can anyone tell me what`s the reason behind that, is it from different termas? I would welcome some explanation. Thnx
Different Tantras give different versions: http://www.buddhavisions.com/wp-content ... eality.pdf

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

dharmafootsteps
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by dharmafootsteps » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:53 am

Miroku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:22 am
dharmafootsteps wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 am
Just checking for a friend interested in receiving transmission from Rinpoche.

On the WWT DVD there is an explanation of the transmission for each of the three anniversaries, along with recordings of the actual practices. Obviously it's OK to watch the instructions for receiving transmission prior to doing so, but what about watching the actual practice itself, in order to learn the melodies and mudras. Is that OK, or were they only for watching 'live' when Rinpoche was actually giving transmission (i.e. the old style of watching the video at the same time, before transmissions started to be broadcast online)?
Well, I belive it is okay. Explaining is nice and all, however it is good to be familiar with the melodies and stuff so one can relax a bit.
Great, thank you.

User avatar
ratna
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by ratna » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:57 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:59 pm
I would like some clarification on mantra of six spaces.
In most sources it say`s A A SHA SA MA HA, yet N.N.Norbu Rinpoche uses Ha A HA SHA SA MA, can anyone tell me what`s the reason behind that, is it from different termas? I would welcome some explanation. Thnx
Rinpoche's version is found in Changchub Dorje's termas, but also in many older teachings such as Lama Yangtik, Lama Gongdü, Karling Shitro, Ratna Lingpa's Longsal, etc.

R

TaTa
Posts: 366
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by TaTa » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 pm

How does dissolution work in anu yoga practices? For example if i want to do a simple deity practice, i do Ati Gy, then invocation, self visualizstion and mantra and when im done i just drop everything or is there some sort of dissolution?

Tolya M
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Tolya M » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:43 pm

SuryaMitra, it is not HA it is low A according to DC phonetic transcription. a (low tone) A HA SHA SA MA.

PS maybe you already know this

User avatar
Kelwin
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Kelwin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Why the change?
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 25401
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Malcolm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:23 pm

TaTa wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:42 pm
How does dissolution work in anu yoga practices? For example if i want to do a simple deity practice, i do Ati Gy, then invocation, self visualizstion and mantra and when im done i just drop everything or is there some sort of dissolution?
Depends on the sadhana.
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


The knowledge imparted through the guru’s instructions that formerly was unknown (avidyā) is vidyā.


—Treasury of the Supreme Vehicle, Longchenpa.

User avatar
lelopa
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by lelopa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:07 am

Kelwin wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm
Malcolm wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm
Miroku wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello, I had some indications it might be a good idea to do vajrapani practice. Is it possible to do it the same way as it is done in thun with simhamukha and guru dragphur? Please pm me if this info is too sensitive.
Yes. In the old short thun, Vajrapani was main male deity practice.
Why the change?

One reason is: Dragphur especially "controls" Sinmo & Gyalpo.
This was made clear at the GD-Tonwang in Germany 1991 (or maybe it was 1992).
ཨོཾ་ཨཱཿཧཱུྃ་བོ་དྷི་ཙིཏྟ་མ་ཧཱ་སུ་ཁ་ཛྙཱ་ན་དྷཱརྟུ་ཨཱཿ

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 556
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Bump - Reminder of Adzom Drugpa WWT tomorrow. :)

''Our dear Master Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
will give the Guruyoga Transmission to all of us

Monday, November 13th, 2017
12:00:00 [noon] [gmt+0:00]
WWT Anniversary of Adzom Drugpa

You’re more then welcome at:
http://webcast.dzogchen.net/

Please, check your time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

With warm and kind regards

Webcast Team''
http://www.khyung.com

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests