Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

lelopa

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by lelopa »

lelopa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:40 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:30 am ....................

that worked for me, might work for you.

no - not for me
i 've tried everything
also i don't like chrome. opera is ok!
Lost In Transmission
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

lelopa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm Yes... and?!?

i do not understand what you want, or you did not understand what i've wrote
haha if you please could check if disabling flash for the webcast site makes your chrome fixed the problem. if it works then other could apply the same way.

but i see you don't use chrome so maybe you don't have it :rolling: .

edit: ok i understand
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:10 pm
lelopa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm Yes... and?!?

i do not understand what you want, or you did not understand what i've wrote
haha if you please could check if disabling flash for the webcast site makes your chrome fixed the problem. if it works then other could apply the same way.

but i see you don't use chrome so maybe you don't have it :rolling: .

edit: ok i understand
I have tried everything means: i have tried this at the time of the last webcast 2017/2018 and yesterday with several browsers including chrome, firefox, etc etc but not opera....
but yesterday i've installed opera and it works without doing anything else
Lost In Transmission
pothigai

Post by pothigai »

Is it okay to whisper song of vajra without melody and not according to the usual timings of the song, or would it be better if I did a different practice instead? My circumstances require me to be very quiet unfortunately.

Thankyou
ہستی اپنی حباب کی سی ہے
یہ نمائش سراب کی سی ہے

hasti apni habaab ki si hai
yeh numaaish saraab ki si hai

Like a bubble is your existence
This display is like an illusion

- Mir Taqi Mir (1725-1810)
Motova

Post by Motova »

pothigai wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 pm Is it okay to whisper song of vajra without melody and not according to the usual timings of the song, or would it be better if I did a different practice instead? My circumstances require me to be very quiet unfortunately.

Thankyou
Just use a different semdzin, there are many that don't require vocalization.

It's fine to whisper SOV.

From what I've heard, from senior students and a SMS teacher, melody is relative and isn't required for practices. But it is better to use the melody, because it creates a certain energy or atmosphere conducive to the practice.

SOV isn't hard to memorize and learn, nothing is, it just takes time. SOV probably took me two solid days to memorize the syllables and melody.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Motova wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 pm
pothigai wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 pm Is it okay to whisper song of vajra without melody and not according to the usual timings of the song, or would it be better if I did a different practice instead? My circumstances require me to be very quiet unfortunately.

Thankyou

From what I've heard, from senior students and a SMS teacher, melody is relative and isn't required for practices. But it is better to use the melody, because it creates a certain energy or atmosphere conducive to the practice.

SOV isn't hard to memorize and learn, nothing is, it just takes time. SOV probably took me two solid days to memorize the syllables and melody.
In the SOV the melody and the timing are very important. I might be wrong, but I think this particular one (SOV) is only meant to be done that way.
heart

Post by heart »

Hansei wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:20 pm
Motova wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Thankyou

In the SOV the melody and the timing are very important. I might be wrong, but I think this particular one (SOV) is only meant to be done that way.
Actually Rinpoche said you can do it with other melodies, this is an example:
But, no doubt, there are great merit to learn the melody that Rinpoche got from Ekajati herself.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

heart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 pm

/magnus
i can't swallow that :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: it is so wtf
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
neele

Post by neele »

Losar Tashi Delek, all!
Thank you, Javier! It works.
:anjali:
florin

Post by florin »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm
heart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 pm

/magnus
i can't swallow that :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: it is so wtf
yep,
every dzogchenpa should aspire to be free wild, blond and grow angel wings
Pero

Post by Pero »

LolCat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm I can attend the meeting sessions, but I would be at work for the afternoon ones, are they completely necessary for understanding and doing the practices?
I don't think they're "completely necessary" but they are certainly very helpful.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Post by Pero »

Jeff H wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm
Jeff H wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:19 pm (If it is inappropriate to post such quotes from ChNN's books, someone please let me know.)
If a text is restricrd then it should not be quoted from.
Yes, I know that, but I'm not sure about the status of GY. I bought it over a year ago, before (although in preparation for) my first WWT. When ordering it I indicated on the form that I had not had any prior instruction from ChNN.
You can get that book if you intend to receive transmissions from Rinpoche but otherwise it's restricted.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Pero wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm
Jeff H wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm
If a text is restricrd then it should not be quoted from.
Yes, I know that, but I'm not sure about the status of GY. I bought it over a year ago, before (although in preparation for) my first WWT. When ordering it I indicated on the form that I had not had any prior instruction from ChNN.
You can get that book if you intend to receive transmissions from Rinpoche but otherwise it's restricted.
Ok. I think I'm clear on it now. Thanks, those of you who replied and PM'd.
Where now is my mind engaged? - Shantideva
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Pero wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:48 pm
LolCat wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 pm I can attend the meeting sessions, but I would be at work for the afternoon ones, are they completely necessary for understanding and doing the practices?
I don't think they're "completely necessary" but they are certainly very helpful.
That's good to hear, thank you. I think I might covertly listen in from work if I have the time, but not entirely sure if I can. I think I can finally afford a DC membership pretty soon, so I guess I can also watch the replays in the future if they are present.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Are the bell and the drum necessary for the long Mandarava practices, the Medium Thun and the Long Thun? I don't have those yet, and I am afraid I might disturb the neighbours since I often practice at odd times.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

LolCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm Are the bell and the drum necessary for the long Mandarava practices, the Medium Thun and the Long Thun? I don't have those yet, and I am afraid I might disturb the neighbours since I often practice at odd times.
Nope. No need. If you have them you can use, if not no need for them.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

I am a vegetarian and have been so since childhood, I have been trying to incorporate "meat" by having fish oil capsules at every meal in convert them into ganapujas. Is this enough? If it isn't, any suggestions for some meat that I can incorporate quickly without cooking, and that others wouldn't accidentally eat? I have vegetarian friends who have no idea about my Buddhist practice, so I have to be extremely covert about these things. I am also very bad at cooking, and want to get good at things I am familiar with before venturing into meat territory.

Same goes for alcohol suggestions, I am thinking of getting a bottle of red wine, and having a spoonful with every meal, would this satisfy the requirements for ganapujas?

I am planning on buying chicken nuggets from the McDonalds nearby and having a glass of beer for ganapujas that I will be doing on special days, the questions above are only for regular meals.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Miroku wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:49 pm
LolCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm Are the bell and the drum necessary for the long Mandarava practices, the Medium Thun and the Long Thun? I don't have those yet, and I am afraid I might disturb the neighbours since I often practice at odd times.
Nope. No need. If you have them you can use, if not no need for them.
That's great, thank you!
Motova

Post by Motova »

LolCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 pm I am a vegetarian and have been so since childhood, I have been trying to incorporate "meat" by having fish oil capsules at every meal in convert them into ganapujas. Is this enough? If it isn't, any suggestions for some meat that I can incorporate quickly without cooking, and that others wouldn't accidentally eat? I have vegetarian friends who have no idea about my Buddhist practice, so I have to be extremely covert about these things. I am also very bad at cooking, and want to get good at things I am familiar with before venturing into meat territory.

Same goes for alcohol suggestions, I am thinking of getting a bottle of red wine, and having a spoonful with every meal, would this satisfy the requirements for ganapujas?

I am planning on buying chicken nuggets from the McDonalds nearby and having a glass of beer for ganapujas that I will be doing on special days, the questions above are only for regular meals.
If you are by yourself you should try to do a medium tun on special days (Dakini Day, new moon, Guru Rinpoche Day and full moon).

But the only requirement is to do Guru Yoga as much as you can. Everything else is relative.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Motova wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 pm
LolCat wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 pm I am a vegetarian and have been so since childhood, I have been trying to incorporate "meat" by having fish oil capsules at every meal in convert them into ganapujas. Is this enough? If it isn't, any suggestions for some meat that I can incorporate quickly without cooking, and that others wouldn't accidentally eat? I have vegetarian friends who have no idea about my Buddhist practice, so I have to be extremely covert about these things. I am also very bad at cooking, and want to get good at things I am familiar with before venturing into meat territory.

If you are by yourself you should try to do a medium tun on special days (Dakini Day, new moon, Guru Rinpoche Day and full moon).

But the only requirement is to do Guru Yoga as much as you can. Everything else is relative.
I understand, I can even do a Ganapuja on special days, I live alone and can takeout food from restaurants. I was concerned with my regular meals where I will be interacting with others. Long back when I first started following ChNNR I read the entirety of this thread, or whatever had existed till then, and somewhere I remember reading that every meal should be a Ganapuja, that is what sparked my question.

Return to “Dzogchen”