Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

DGA
Former staff member

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by DGA »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 am I bet my head that "keep quiet" means to avoid quarreling, gossip, speculation, and such.

Besides respecting the community and Rinpoche's family moments.

:P
Exactly this.

Also: there are some cultures with a tendency toward over-dramatic expressions of emotions in times like these. Much of the DC is based in Italy. 2 + 2 = 4.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Mantrik wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 pm I may have to taser the next person who says ' relax dude' . ;)
In fairness: "Relax" isn't bad advice in times like this. Would "relax Granddad" sound better?
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:50 am I bet my head that "keep quiet" means to avoid quarreling, gossip, speculation, and such.

Besides respecting the community and Rinpoche's family moments.

:P
This basically.
Avoid making a big thing about little things you dont fully agree with.

Lets be vajra brothers please
meepits

Post by meepits »

Playing off that last sentiment, I just want to express appreciation for all the vajra siblings on this thread. Rinpoche changed my life, and despite living near Seattle there’s no Ling remotely near me, so it feels good to be in touch in some way with other practitioners for help and support. Often there’s a spirit of ego-less love in your posts, e.g. with Javi, JD, Virgo etc etc. You all rock.
And now back to :reading:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

meepits wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:55 am Playing off that last sentiment, I just want to express appreciation for all the vajra siblings on this thread. Rinpoche changed my life, and despite living near Seattle there’s no Ling remotely near me, so it feels good to be in touch in some way with other practitioners for help and support. Often there’s a spirit of ego-less love in your posts, e.g. with Javi, JD, Virgo etc etc. You all rock.
:twothumbsup: FYI, I'm in Oly:), but yeah last I checked even the Seattle DC group is defunct...
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Dearest Friends,

We would like to thank all of you for participating in such great numbers and for the affection you have shown to everyone, unconditionally.

In this period of profound reflection, we kindly ask you to continue to respect the period of mourning for Rinpoche’s transition. According to tradition, when great masters such as Chögyal Namkhai Norbu pass away, there is a three year period of mourning and reflection. As a family we kindly ask you to respect one year.

The period of mourning we are observing is inward rather than outward; it means we interiorize and carry Rinpoche forever in our hearts while we commit ourselves to preserving and protecting our memories of Him. In this regard, we kindly ask you to refrain from disseminating and posting unofficial photos, comments, and biographies (the only one authorized is the one used for the Nobel Peace Prize) as a show of respect for Rinpoche and His family. Commemorations in Rinpoche’s honor will be published in advance on the official channels.

In closing, we remind you that the image and memory of Rinpoche are a heritage for humanity and, as such, should be respected and preserved in their entirety for the benefit of future generations.

Respectfully,
The Namkhai family
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

For those who still find aspects of this advice slightly strange I would respectfully echo what has already been said in that we should relax and cut each other some slack in these times. It's highly likely that we are not seeing the full picture. We do not know all of the finer details and circumstances behind these communications and now is not the time to speculate about these either. Let's trust that what is being recommended is at least for ours, if not all being's benefit.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

meepits wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:55 am Playing off that last sentiment, I just want to express appreciation for all the vajra siblings on this thread. Rinpoche changed my life, and despite living near Seattle there’s no Ling remotely near me, so it feels good to be in touch in some way with other practitioners for help and support. Often there’s a spirit of ego-less love in your posts, e.g. with Javi, JD, Virgo etc etc. You all rock.
I had a similar thought yesterday. I am very grateful to have this place to come, learn, receive help, and feel in touch with vajra siblings. :smile:
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Hansei wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:17 pm
I had a similar thought yesterday. I am very grateful to have this place to come, learn, receive help, and feel in touch with vajra siblings. :smile:

:heart: :group: :heart:
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Does the 25 spaces of Samantabhadra have any visualizations?

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
heart

Post by heart »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:10 am Does the 25 spaces of Samantabhadra have any visualizations?

DS
no

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
passel

Post by passel »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 am
:twothumbsup: FYI, I'm in Oly:), but yeah last I checked even the Seattle DC group is defunct...
Keep an eye out for Tulku Yeshi.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

passel wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 am
Keep an eye out for Tulku Yeshi.
I've taken a number of teachings with Tulku Yeshi, he's really great, and has a wonderful sense of humor, definitely a teacher with some serious mojo, and i'm glad he's accessible, in fact generally there are lots of great teachers I have access to. Still, I wish here was an active DC group somewhere around.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Is Tulka Yeshe still involved in the DC? Someone here posted that he wasn't.

DS
🙏🌺🙏
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 pm Is Tulka Yeshe still involved in the DC? Someone here posted that he wasn't.

DS
The Tulku Yeshi mentioned here is not Yeshi Namkhai, son of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, but this teacher: https://herukainstitute.org/about/
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

They are not webcasting the practices anymore after all? The previous one was not webcasted, and this one again seems to be offline.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Norwegian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 pm
Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 pm Is Tulka Yeshe still involved in the DC? Someone here posted that he wasn't.

DS
The Tulku Yeshi mentioned here is not Yeshi Namkhai, son of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, but this teacher: https://herukainstitute.org/about/
Thanks for clarifying.

DS
🙏🌺🙏
ratna

Post by ratna »

Jamyang Norbu reminisces about ChNN:
Sometime in the mid-eighties Namkhai Norbu visited my uncle Rakra Trulku at the Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Switzerland. During their after-dinner conversation Namkhai Norbu asked my uncle if he would like to experience a “mirror divination” (tib. tra-pab). My uncle was curious and so Namkhai Norbu pulled out a brass melong mirror and set it up on the dining table.

He began chanting and tossing grains of rice on the mirror surface. My uncle told me that soon the mirror surface began to cloud over and a vision appeared. Rakra Rimpoche did not tell me what he saw and I did not press him. But some of the Tibetan children at Pestalozzi who were crowding around the two lamas and looking to be entertained, later told me of their experiences that evening. They all saw different things – fleeting landscapes, people and so on. Nothing of consequence. One girl told me that she saw Tibetan letters appearing and disappearing on the mirror surface. She took up Tibetan Studies later in life.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

ratna wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm Jamyang Norbu reminisces about ChNN:
Sometime in the mid-eighties Namkhai Norbu visited my uncle Rakra Trulku at the Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Switzerland. During their after-dinner conversation Namkhai Norbu asked my uncle if he would like to experience a “mirror divination” (tib. tra-pab). My uncle was curious and so Namkhai Norbu pulled out a brass melong mirror and set it up on the dining table.

He began chanting and tossing grains of rice on the mirror surface. My uncle told me that soon the mirror surface began to cloud over and a vision appeared. Rakra Rimpoche did not tell me what he saw and I did not press him. But some of the Tibetan children at Pestalozzi who were crowding around the two lamas and looking to be entertained, later told me of their experiences that evening. They all saw different things – fleeting landscapes, people and so on. Nothing of consequence. One girl told me that she saw Tibetan letters appearing and disappearing on the mirror surface. She took up Tibetan Studies later in life.
Wonderful. Thanks for posting this.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

ratna wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm Jamyang Norbu reminisces about ChNN:

beautiful, bro, thx.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Dzogchen”