Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Lhasa

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Lhasa »

Has Rinpoche webcast the Long Life initiation during the druchen before, like the last two years?
It sounds like he's not giving it to webcast folks this time??
hypa3000

Post by hypa3000 »

Great, Thank you Javier and Pema Yolo

Happy Losar!
"Clarity, non-thought and non-distraction - These three are the meditation in brief."
- Milarepa
billycourty

Post by billycourty »

Hello everyone, I have been following the live webcast of the Mandarava retreat and received the Tridlung and instructions of the Mandarava practice on the first day. I was unable to watch the live webcast this morning, 1 march but tuned in at 4pm (retreat time) hoping to receive the tridlung of the Mandarava root text as is listed on the calendar.

However, Rinpoche went straight into the practice and now the khatai dances.

Is the tridlung of the Mandarava root text the same as what I receive on the first day, or am I now missing an important initiation to continue the practice?

I can only imagine that Rinpoche decided to give the Tridlung for the Mandarava root text this morning.

If anyone can confirm if the lung I received is the same as the one Rinpoche was supposed to give this afternoon, and if indeed he gave the lung this morning, I would be grateful.

regards
Jay
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

I had the same question, and the same scenario.
What exactly is the mandarava root text?
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

billycourty wrote:Hello everyone, I have been following the live webcast of the Mandarava retreat and received the Tridlung and instructions of the Mandarava practice on the first day. I was unable to watch the live webcast this morning, 1 march but tuned in at 4pm (retreat time) hoping to receive the tridlung of the Mandarava root text as is listed on the calendar.

Same experience here, but the schedule says he is giving it on the last day also, so don't worry. Surely someone has emailed about it, but it doesn't hurt to put in a request probably.
billycourty

Post by billycourty »

Pema Yolo wrote:
billycourty wrote:Hello everyone, I have been following the live webcast of the Mandarava retreat and received the Tridlung and instructions of the Mandarava practice on the first day. I was unable to watch the live webcast this morning, 1 march but tuned in at 4pm (retreat time) hoping to receive the tridlung of the Mandarava root text as is listed on the calendar.

Same experience here, but the schedule says he is giving it on the last day also, so don't worry. Surely someone has emailed about it, but it doesn't hurt to put in a request probably.
Thanks for chiming in, we are so blessed to have this opportunity. I meet rinpoche in Paris in 2015 without knowing anything about him, or any real connection, but all on its own, the connection grows for me with him and I have ever increasing faith. His teaching style is so different from the lamas I am used to meeting, that it took me a while to understand how great a teacher rinpoche is. Via his webcasts i can grow in the dharma and follow a teacher despite having little money and time to travel.

It's lovely to hear from others following the same retreat via the webcast, all a big happy mandala!
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Just read this about ChNN's personal commitments with regards to teaching Dzogchen, and I recommend it to everyone's attention.

For example, here's the bit about the last commitment:
Then there is the last one. It means I will not act with my attachment saying, “Oh, I like Dzogchen teaching because this is what I practice. For that reason I want to also make people understand that this is a special teaching, etc.” That attachment is not the principle.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
florin

Post by florin »

Can someone help me locate a Mirror issue where Yeshi talks about the practice of contemplation ?

I think someone posted a link at some point but can't remember which thread where or when ...etc.
Thanks
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Pelzom Film’s Documentary on Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s 40 years of Teaching

On the occasion of the surprise celebration of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s 40 years of Teaching, held at Dzamling Gar in Tenerife, February 26, 2017, Pelzom Films presented a short documentary film of photos and comments from some of the participants in that first retreat in Subiaco, Italy, in 1976. The film offers a moving and intimate look into the vast breadth and depth of Rinpoche’s teaching career for the past 40 years.

http://melong.com/first-retreat-subiaco/
heart

Post by heart »

Norwegian wrote:Pelzom Film’s Documentary on Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s 40 years of Teaching

On the occasion of the surprise celebration of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu’s 40 years of Teaching, held at Dzamling Gar in Tenerife, February 26, 2017, Pelzom Films presented a short documentary film of photos and comments from some of the participants in that first retreat in Subiaco, Italy, in 1976. The film offers a moving and intimate look into the vast breadth and depth of Rinpoche’s teaching career for the past 40 years.

http://melong.com/first-retreat-subiaco/
Really nice movie. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

heart wrote:Really nice movie. :smile:

/magnus
Indeed.
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Norwegian wrote:
heart wrote:Really nice movie. :smile:

/magnus
Indeed.
Very heart-warming. :smile:
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

We are very fortunate.Always good to see Rinpoche.
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

amanitamusc wrote:We are very fortunate.Always good to see Rinpoche.
Indeed. How wonderful.

Thanks for posting the video.
Brunelleschi

Post by Brunelleschi »

Hello, I have after some consideration become interested in receiving Direct Introduction from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Do you know any event where he would be giving it this year (preferably in Europe?)

I've viewed his schedule: (http://melong.com/complete-schedule/) but the retreat schedule on possible dates (summer) isn't very specific (it only says "teaching")

/B
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Brunelleschi wrote:Hello, I have after some consideration become interested in receiving Direct Introduction from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Do you know any event where he would be giving it this year (preferably in Europe?)

I've viewed his schedule: (http://melong.com/complete-schedule/) but the retreat schedule on possible dates (summer) isn't very specific (it only says "teaching")

/B

There is a webcast tommorow.

http://webcast.dzogchen.net/
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Brunelleschi

Post by Brunelleschi »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Brunelleschi wrote:Hello, I have after some consideration become interested in receiving Direct Introduction from Chogyal Namkhai Norbu. Do you know any event where he would be giving it this year (preferably in Europe?)

/B

There is a webcast tommorow.

http://webcast.dzogchen.net/
Thank you. I would like too do it in person, but I have attended empowerments live online and it definitely works.

There is a Direct Introduction included in this practice? I'm not familiar with Dzogchen terminology, what does Jyin-beb mean? It's a Tibetan name of a specific text?
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Brunelleschi wrote:There is a Direct Introduction included in this practice?
Very much so, it is a Worldwide Transmission of Guru Yoga:
http://tsegyalgar.org/theteachings/worl ... smissions/
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Brunelleschi

Post by Brunelleschi »

treehuggingoctopus wrote:
Brunelleschi wrote:There is a Direct Introduction included in this practice?
Very much so, it is a Worldwide Transmission of Guru Yoga:
http://tsegyalgar.org/theteachings/worl ... smissions/
Right, thanks for the tip. But it seems in order to follow this you need to acquire some texts which I unfortunately don't have.
ratna

Post by ratna »

Brunelleschi wrote: Right, thanks for the tip. But it seems in order to follow this you need to acquire some texts which I unfortunately don't have.
You need explanation and practice files.

R

Return to “Dzogchen”