Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

florin

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by florin »

Hansei wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:14 pm Is there any good and reliable explanation on the Internet about how to do it that way?

There is an interesting Vajrasattva Mind Terma by Jigme Puntsok Rinpoche that can be practised without an empowerment.
This is the subject of a book by a senior teacher of Larung Gar Khenpo Yeshe Puntsok and is very beautifully ilustrated with lots and lots of details of how to visualise and practice the sadhana.

https://www.wisdompubs.org/book/vajrasattva-meditation
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:12 pm any news from Rinpoche?
any? is he ok?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Regarding the upcoming webcast from Merigar west, is it about how Rinpoche would advise practicing fixation on an object to relax the mind to recognize the state of guru yoga more easily?
florin

Post by florin »

LolCat wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:22 pm Regarding the upcoming webcast from Merigar west, is it about how Rinpoche would advise practicing fixation on an object to relax the mind to recognize the state of guru yoga more easily?
As the title says it is just an introduction to contemplation.
Based on the program of this retreat it appears that the teachings won't go beyond shine.
The state of dzogchen comes a little later but judging by the program they won't go into it this time.
But yes, going back to your question, this state of calm presence and stability is indispensable capacity for remaining in a state of GY without distraction.
LoveFromColorado

Post by LoveFromColorado »

Hi all, is this an open webcast for folks who have not received direct introduction (like myself)? If so, is there a link? I don't see one on the schedule page:

http://melong.com/events_listing/italy- ... 0-14-2018/
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

florin wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm
LolCat wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:22 pm Regarding the upcoming webcast from Merigar west, is it about how Rinpoche would advise practicing fixation on an object to relax the mind to recognize the state of guru yoga more easily?
Based on the program of this retreat it appears that the teachings won't go beyond shine.
The state of dzogchen comes a little later but judging by the program they won't go into it this time.
But yes, going back to your question, this state of calm presence and stability is indispensable capacity for remaining in a state of GY without distraction.
Thank you, that makes sense. I always understood contemplation to be the state of GY the way Rinpoche uses it, so I was wondering how the topics relate to GY.
LoveFromColorado wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:10 pm Hi all, is this an open webcast for folks who have not received direct introduction (like myself)? If so, is there a link? I don't see one on the schedule page:

I am nowhere near sure about this (you should probably wait for a response from a more experienced practitioner), but going by florin's response, it seems like the retreat is mainly about shine(shamatha/calm abiding), which should be okay for people without DI to attend and as florin said, it's a great practice even after you have been introduced.
The webcast should be at webcast.dzogchen.net.
LoveFromColorado

Thanks LolCat. I don't see times listed as to when the webcast is beginning. I looked at webcast.dzogchen.net earlier (thanks for the link!) but the "LIVE STREAM & MOBILE STREAM" page just spins. Do you know when this should begin by chance?
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Here is the schedule, nothing here looks like it needs transmissions, except for the ganapuja. I think you missed the first session, which is why nothing is showing up, hopefully it shouldn't be difficult to continue on from the next session.

10 - 14 August, Merigar West Retreat
"Introduction to Contemplation"
based on Chögyal Namkhai Norbu indications

all times are Merigar West time [gmt+2:00]

Friday, August 10

17.00-18.30
Introduction to the Practice of Concentration

Fabio Andrico

Saturday, August 11
10.00-12.00

What is the calm state: how to find and become familiar with it.
• Practicing concentration on an object interspersed with breathing exercises
to relax tension.

Costantino Albini

16.00-18.00
How to work with distracting thoughts and drowsiness and what is the duration of the practice.
• Practicing concentration on an object interspersed with breathing exercises.

Igor Legati

Sunday, August 12
10.00-12.00

The phase in which thoughts arise in a strong way and other problems during meditation:
• Practicing concentration on an object interspersed with breathing exercises.

Stoffelina Verdonk

16.00-18.00
• Recap of practicing concentration on an object interspersed with breathing exercises.

Fabio Risolo

Monday, August 13
10.00-12.00
Concentration without an object:
what movement / not being distracted by thoughts/advice about the proliferation of thoughts.
• Practicing concentration without an object interspersed with exercises to relax.

Elio Guarisco

Monday, August 13
16.00-18.00

Experiences that arise from concentrating without an object.

• Practicing concentration without an object interspersed with exercises to relax.

Steven Landsberg

Tuesday, August 14
10.00-12.00

The Principle of the Three Wisdoms and How to continue the Practice.

Costantino Albini

12.00-13.00 Ganapuja
LoveFromColorado

Thanks LolCat! One last question - where do you see that schedule? I'm finding bits here and there but I don't see that list anywhere that you sent.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

I got a reminder by email. I think it may be because I have a DC membership, I am not sure if it is possible to sign up on a mailing list somewhere without being a member.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

LolCat wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 pm
florin wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:54 pm
Thank you, that makes sense. I always understood contemplation to be the state of GY the way Rinpoche uses it, so I was wondering how the topics relate to GY.
LoveFromColorado wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:10 pm Hi all, is this an open webcast for folks who have not received direct introduction (like myself)? If so, is there a link? I don't see one on the schedule page:

I am nowhere near sure about this (you should probably wait for a response from a more experienced practitioner), but going by florin's response, it seems like the retreat is mainly about shine(shamatha/calm abiding), which should be okay for people without DI to attend and as florin said, it's a great practice even after you have been introduced.
The webcast should be at webcast.dzogchen.net.
Judging from the description I think they mean it is teachings related to this book https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 05614.html
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Whoops, does that mean you should have DI before participating since it's a restricted text? My bad if that's the case.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

LolCat wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm Whoops, does that mean you should have DI before participating since it's a restricted text? My bad if that's the case.
As it is open even though it is taught by students, I doubt that you are supposed to have received the transmission, but I am not sure.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

The aforementioned book itself is restricted and you need to have received DI from ChNN before you can order it.

As for the retreat itself, it is marked as an open webcast. It will not have direct introduction, and seems to be focusing on the aspect of shamatha only.
LoveFromColorado

Thanks all! Last dumb question - where does one become a member?
florin

Post by florin »

LoveFromColorado wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:52 pm Thanks all! Last dumb question - where does one become a member?
You can find some useful information here.
http://tsegyalgar.org/membership/tsegya ... embership/
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Did any of today's retreat get streamed? I either had the time wrong or simply didn't get through.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

It is starting now.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Very nice teachings by the Italian Brothers and Sisters!
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

amanitamusc wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:12 pm Very nice teachings by the Italian Brothers and Sisters!
:good:

Yes, there are many long time practitioners who have achieved something from their practice that would be useful to share.

While Elio and Adriano are known outside of Merigar, the others are not. These are all outstanding practitioners / teachers. Perhaps some can Transmit.

See also:
REPLAY

June 8-12, 2018
THE MIRROR OF THE MIND

Many excellent teachings: see especially Elio's outstanding and exceptional Teachings on Rushen.

You have to be a member to sign in to the replay.

https://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?id=replay-html5

The free open link is up now from the Gompa in Merigar:

https://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?id=live-stream

Now a silly internal loop from the video camera - but you can see that the link works.

It is nice that they are now doing this. Many will get the benefit.

:group:

:heart:
Last edited by oldbob on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dzogchen”