Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

krodha

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by krodha »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 am in the great book "The Mirror", it is said:

"it is this decisive knowing, this pure presence of the true original condition, that is called nirvana."

so i thought the primordial state is beyond both samsara and nirvana. here it sounds otherwise. thoughts?
In a sense, samsara and nirvāna both appear for the practitioner, but not for the primordial state.

There is no delusion in your nature, delusion and the exhaustion of delusion both occur secondarily, “on top” of the nature, as Malcolm once shared Khenpo Ngachung saying.

In Dzogchen we aren’t refining our nature, the primordial state, which is already always originally pure and naturally perfected. Instead we are refining and working with our knowledge [rig pa] of our nature. Samsara and nirvāna both occur within this scope of refining our rig pa, purifying obscurations, etc.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

krodha wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 am
Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 am in the great book "The Mirror", it is said:

"it is this decisive knowing, this pure presence of the true original condition, that is called nirvana."

so i thought the primordial state is beyond both samsara and nirvana. here it sounds otherwise. thoughts?
In a sense, samsara and nirvāna both appear for the practitioner, but not for the primordial state.

There is no delusion in your nature, delusion and the exhaustion of delusion both occur secondarily, “on top” of the nature, as Malcolm once shared Khenpo Ngachung saying.

In Dzogchen we aren’t refining our nature, the primordial state, which is already always originally pure and naturally perfected. Instead we are refining and working with our knowledge [rig pa] of our nature. Samsara and nirvāna both occur within this scope of refining our rig pa, purifying obscurations, etc.
so the decisive knowing and the primordial state are distinct.
krodha

Post by krodha »

Lukeinaz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:15 am
krodha wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 am

so the decisive knowing and the primordial state are distinct.
Yes, in a sense they are distinct, because if your rigpa and your nature were identical, then your rigpa would never become marigpa.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

news about the community are to be told by december, right? or it was november?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 am news about the community are to be told by december, right? or it was november?
October 2019
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 am news about the community are to be told by december, right? or it was november?
October 2019
oh, i see haha
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Did everyone see the new book, "Starting the Evolution" by ChNNR? https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 41654.html
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Does anyone have an audio of thr short ganapuja by jigme lingpa?

I.have the medium ganaluja audionfiles but it doesnt have his section
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Fa Dao wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:46 pm Did everyone see the new book, "Starting the Evolution" by ChNNR? https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 41654.html

Yeah, what is it sourced from? Is it a brand new work, a collection, or what?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 am
Fa Dao wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:46 pm Did everyone see the new book, "Starting the Evolution" by ChNNR? https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 41654.html

Yeah, what is it sourced from? Is it a brand new work, a collection, or what?
no idea...just saw it posted on norbunet, looked it up, looked interesting so I ordered it...will let you know when I get/read it
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Look like a very brief Introduction. I'll wait for the ebook.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
treehuggingoctopus

Mantrik wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:24 am
Is it something actually written by Rinpoche, or another compilation?

Edmond Jabès
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am
I read the blurb as referring to his teachings and presentation........but that's not to say it isn't a compilation: ''These teachings, presented here by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu....''

treehuggingoctopus

Mantrik wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 am
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am

I read the blurb as referring to his teachings and presentation........but that's not to say it isn't a compilation: ''These teachings, presented here by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu....''
Right, the blurb is very blurbish and gives away nothing.

Edmond Jabès
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

The ebook is available.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:59 pm
The ebook is available.

DS
So it is. Thanks.

Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Judging by the description and that it is not restricted, it looks like a short general introduction. It would be good to have some more information.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

It's "a summary of all teachings Rinpoche was giving over the years, helping us to understand who we actually are and teaching us how to maintain presence and awareness in our daily life. The book also includes a section on dying as a Dzogchen practitioners, with advice on the four intermediate states." (via Norbunet).
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Norwegian wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm It's "a summary of all teachings Rinpoche was giving over the years, helping us to understand who we actually are and teaching us how to maintain presence and awareness in our daily life. The book also includes a section on dying as a Dzogchen practitioners, with advice on the four intermediate states." (via Norbunet).
Thanks
Kris

Post by Kris »

Is the Simhamukha mantra in the tun coming from Ayu Khandro or Jigme Lingpa or...?
I have received the lung of Ayu Khandros terma but wasn't entirely sure if this is where the mantra in the tun originates.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines

Return to “Dzogchen”