Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Josef

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Josef »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:30 pm
Mantrik wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am
florin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am

I am wondering if Adriano Clemente might fit this role. He worked closely with Rinpoche for so many years and Rinpoche trusts that he has a very good grasp of dzogchen teachings.
I was thinking more of situations where ChNN is unable to lead a retreat and webcast and a substitute found to avoid cancellation. I was wondering who is qualified to give DI, lungs etc.
i don't know. i hope Yeshe Namkhai; i don't know him but i foresee that he doesn't want to deal with the stampede of demanding madman students haha.
Or Yuchen if she is willing.
I would love to receive teachings from her.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

florin wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am

I am wondering if Adriano Clemente might fit this role. He worked closely with Rinpoche for so many years and Rinpoche trusts that he has a very good grasp of dzogchen teachings.
I was thinking more of situations where ChNN is unable to lead a retreat and webcast and a substitute found to avoid cancellation. I was wondering who is qualified to give DI, lungs etc.
i don't know. i hope Yeshe Namkhai; i don't know him but i foresee that he doesn't want to deal with the stampede of demanding madman students haha.
If he did not want to teach because of that then that would be a terrible sign. But I doubt that this could be the case.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Josef wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Yeah, she had leaded Arya Tara retreats, isn't?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm
Josef wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Yeah, she had leaded Arya Tara retreats, isn't?
I think she did. Dunno if she gave lungs or anything but I've definetly heard that she is an excellent practicioner of Tara.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Josef wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 am
Mantrik wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm wondering if by now there is no senior DC practitioner able to give DI etc.
And if so........would people accept it.
I do hope we in the dc succed in this, so many total realized beings appears from the west and the transmission keep living in a continuous way.

for acceptance, much work is needed as a comunitary behaviour that reflects the development of a primordial practice. enthusiasm is not enough.
Im sure there are numerous students of ChNN that are at least capable.
My confidence in there being an accepted successor for the DC is very low however.
All good posts.

My 2 cents.

I am also sure that there are many who can give the DI. I have met a few whom I have experiential confidence in: Lama Tsultrim Allione, Elio Guarisco, and Costantino Albini. I am sure there are many, many others whom I have not met, and many more will evolve into this capacity through practice. Perhaps in the future, WWT DI will be given by the entire Community, at an appointed time. I think this will work.

If you put someone on the highest throne and they can't transmit, there is no DI.

If someone can go into the natural state at will, but cannot share it at will, that is personal DI.

If someone has no seat at all and shares the state with one other person, that is DI.

How rare this is.

How much, much, rarer to find a great being like ChNNR who can share the natural state, at will, with thousands all over the world, and they get it with confidence. ChNNR makes it easy. The WWT is a modern day miracle.

Perhaps we might reflect a little on the ephemeral nature of this most precious, rare and unexplainable phenomena.

Thank you ChNNR. :buddha1:

:heart:
Yuren

Post by Yuren »

oldbob wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 am
How much, much, rarer to find a great being like ChNNR who can share the natural state, at will, with thousands all over the world, and they get it with confidence. ChNNR makes it easy. The WWT is a modern day miracle.

Perhaps we might reflect a little on the ephemeral nature of this most precious, rare and unexplainable phenomena.

Thank you for writing this. Very motivational, I really look forward to the WWT.
Indeed it is good to keep in mind the rarity and excellence of this opportunity, with gratitude.
I think it serves to set the 'receiver' of the transmission in the appropriate state of mind.
Yuren

Post by Yuren »

I just noticed they are offering videos of DI here: https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/e ... 02040.html

Of course not as a replacement for the actual, real-time DI, but, as the page explains:
These videos have a twofold purpose:

1. For those who have not yet received the Dzogchen transmission, they are a perfect tool to learn the practice to be applied when the the direct transmission will be given in the future.

2. For those who have already received the Dzogchen transmission, they are a reminder for repeating the practice individually to refresh the transmission in order to get into our real nature.

Please treat these videos with utmost respect.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

oldbob wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 am
Josef wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:43 am

I do hope we in the dc succed in this, so many total realized beings appears from the west and the transmission keep living in a continuous way.

for acceptance, much work is needed as a comunitary behaviour that reflects the development of a primordial practice. enthusiasm is not enough.
Im sure there are numerous students of ChNN that are at least capable.
My confidence in there being an accepted successor for the DC is very low however.
All good posts.

My 2 cents.

I am also sure that there are many who can give the DI. I have met a few whom I have experiential confidence in: Lama Tsultrim Allione, Elio Guarisco, and Costantino Albini. I am sure there are many, many others whom I have not met, and many more will evolve into this capacity through practice. Perhaps in the future, WWT DI will be given by the entire Community, at an appointed time. I think this will work.

If you put someone on the highest throne and they can't transmit, there is no DI.

If someone can go into the natural state at will, but cannot share it at will, that is personal DI.

If someone has no seat at all and shares the state with one other person, that is DI.

How rare this is.

It occurred to me that I should also mention Grisha Mokhin, Sasha Pubants and Elias Capriles as those from whom I have felt the capacity to transmit. There are many, many others both within and without the DC. Dzogchen Masters exist within all 5 schools of Tibetan Buddhism. The "oldbob" blessing has no claim to anything. What works for you and enables you to receive the transmission is what matters. Now we have the free WWT from ChNNR.

We are so very fortunate. Isn't it wonderful!

Hansei

Post by Hansei »

Does anyone know the name of the book that was mentioned today during the teaching?

I mean the book by the person that had an accident, couldn't move and was practicing at the hospital.
shanehanner

Post by shanehanner »

Can anyone help me with the time of the rigpai tsal wang with Rinpoche tomorrow? It’s not clear on the website. Thank you!
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

shanehanner wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 am Can anyone help me with the time of the rigpai tsal wang with Rinpoche tomorrow? It’s not clear on the website. Thank you!
http://melong.com/events_listing/worldw ... -1-2-2017/
passel

Post by passel »

I'm planning on viewing the webcast. First time, following links, just registered on dzogchen.net. Now what happens. Seems like I'm going to have to buy a membership? is this right?
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

passel wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 am I'm planning on viewing the webcast. First time, following links, just registered on dzogchen.net. Now what happens. Seems like I'm going to have to buy a membership? is this right?
You don't have to have a membership or sign in to watch.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

passel wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 am I'm planning on viewing the webcast. First time, following links, just registered on dzogchen.net. Now what happens. Seems like I'm going to have to buy a membership? is this right?
Nope, lots of stuff is open webcast.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
khemmis

Post by khemmis »

I hope it's not a repost but next Friday and Saturday (27 - 28 July) there's gonna be a nice sale on SSP store. All downloadable products will be discounted by 45%: https://shop.shangshungfoundation.com/en/

Yuren

Post by Yuren »

Do you have the Guru Yoga book? It has all the necessary instructions. Do contact them if there is still time (e-mail or phone).
florin

Post by florin »

It appears that there wont be a WWT.
Here is the latest update:

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic. Therefore He will not provide the upcoming Worldwide Guruyoga Transmission.

Practitioners are invited to join the Guruyoga practice instead.

We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

We will try to webcast this practice from one of the Gars, but if that doesn’t work - you can join by doing this practice at the specified time by yourself.

Sunday July 22, 2018 at 4 AM (Timezone of Tenerife)

That way we can connect together with our True State and the State of our Master. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.

Long Life to Master!

International Gakyil and Gakyil of Dzamling Gar"
Moha

Post by Moha »

florin wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 am It appears that there wont be a WWT.

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic.
Man ... This is worrying. :(

Edit: Does anyone know what's ailing Rinpoche?
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Ignorant_Fool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 am

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic.
Man ... This is worrying. :(

Edit: Does anyone know what's ailing Rinpoche?
Rinpoche has been going full speed ahead for years.He is getting older.
His family loves him dearly and they agree with the Docs that he needs rest.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

"Dear Vajra Family,

The situation of Rinpoche’s health is still not stable and unfortunately after His weekly medical tests this Friday (20th of July) the doctors have decided He needs to spend next days in the clinic. Therefore He will not provide the upcoming Worldwide Guruyoga Transmission.

Practitioners are invited to join the Guruyoga practice instead.

We will join all together at the same time and in the same way as the original practice for receiving the Transmission with Invocation to Guru Padmasambhava – only without the part of direct introduction which could be done only by the Master.

We will try to webcast this practice from one of the Gars, but if that doesn’t work - you can join by doing this practice at the specified time by yourself.

Sunday July 22, 2018 at 4 AM (Timezone of Tenerife)

That way we can connect together with our True State and the State of our Master. New people interested in receiving the Guruyoga Transmission need to be patient and wait for the next occasion.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.

Long Life to Master!

International Gakyil and Gakyil of Dzamling Gar"
:shock:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès

Return to “Dzogchen”