Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:35 pm The connection is terrible this time.
So it wasn't just me.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Pero wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:42 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 pm :? I don't get the Rushens thing, Rinpoche has done Rushens plenty on open webcasts. First day was great though.
Yeah but I think it's because Rinpoche was giving transmission for them. I suspect they don't want people attending who don't already have transmission (like Mantrik mentioned).
You mean because Rinpoche gave a DI on those retreats? There is no lung for Rushens right...so you mean they just didn't want people without DI watching the retreat? Seems odd, given that it's an open Webcast, but maybe. Hopefully Rinpoche will be back doing them soon!

-Khunu Lama
florin

Post by florin »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 pm :? I don't get the Rushens thing, Rinpoche has done Rushens plenty on open webcasts. First day was great though.
Yeah but I think it's because Rinpoche was giving transmission for them. I suspect they don't want people attending who don't already have transmission (like Mantrik mentioned).
You mean because Rinpoche gave a DI on those retreats? There is no lung for Rushens right...so you mean they just didn't want people without DI watching the retreat? Seems odd, given that it's an open Webcast, but maybe. Hopefully Rinpoche will be back doing them soon!
Well, the rushens are considered secret practice.
In order to do them you need to have some kind of transmission and permission.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Yes, but the open webcasts of Rinpoche for example still come with direct introduction+transmission, and with that also samaya - always. No direct introduction given in this retreat, and as such it is not fitting to be discussing something that is governed by samaya.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Norwegian wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

Yes, but the open webcasts of Rinpoche for example still come with direct introduction+transmission, and with that also samaya - always. No direct introduction given in this retreat, and as such it is not fitting to be discussing something that is governed by samaya.
I'm sure this is it.

-Khunu Lama
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

Does anyone know if there is an audio file available for the melody of the Purification Practice of Vajrasattva and Mandala Offering? I've looked on both the international site and the one in the US, neither seem to have it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated !
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

I have a question about the Guru practice for the SMS three roots. Can you accumulate the mantra normally, or do you have to recite it with the melody?

Thanks!
Josef

Post by Josef »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am I have a question about the Guru practice for the SMS three roots. Can you accumulate the mantra normally, or do you have to recite it with the melody?

Thanks!
No melody necessary
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Thanks Joe.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

merigar retreat up on replay! :twothumbsup:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Am I the only one who cannot replay webcasts? The page loads normally and after few seconds it falls and chrome gives me error message. The same happens with the restricted section of resources.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Any news from rinpoche or about his health?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

No recent news post that I can recall, but I do know there were some recent pics of him hanging out with various students in the garden and cafeteria of Dzamling Gar, looking well.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Norwegian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm No recent news post that I can recall, but I do know there were some recent pics of him hanging out with various students in the garden and cafeteria of Dzamling Gar, looking well.
If you have a link would you post it please?I would love to see them!
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

amanitamusc wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:04 am
Norwegian wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm No recent news post that I can recall, but I do know there were some recent pics of him hanging out with various students in the garden and cafeteria of Dzamling Gar, looking well.
If you have a link would you post it please?I would love to see them!
Here's a pic by Michael Katz:

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

When one has problems with lust for example which makes staying commited in a relationship bit harder, will six loka practice (I am especially interested in the inner rushen one as it is easiest) help with it?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
DannyDevitoFan

Post by DannyDevitoFan »

I'm looking forward to the WWT happening next month. Does anyone know of any videos available of the mudras involved for the Padmasambhava guru yoga? Also does anyone have a color image of Guru Dewa Chenpo as practiced in the DC?
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

Miroku wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm When one has problems with lust for example which makes staying commited in a relationship bit harder, will six loka practice (I am especially interested in the inner rushen one as it is easiest) help with it?

Yes, absolutely.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Does anyone have a link to a good image of the syllables of the Three Vajras? All the images I find online are either too dim, or without a thigle etc.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 pm
Miroku wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm When one has problems with lust for example which makes staying commited in a relationship bit harder, will six loka practice (I am especially interested in the inner rushen one as it is easiest) help with it?

Yes, absolutely.
yes. in that case you can give more time to the preta real purification phase.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.

Return to “Dzogchen”