Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

treehuggingoctopus

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Norwegian wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:13 pmI don't remember when, but it was probably in 2017, and Rinpoche said how many times he's given retreats on Dzogchen in total, and I think it was either well over 600 or close to 700. Quite amazing.
:heart:

Since I joined the DC in 2009 I attended or listened to some 70 (and I certainly did not take part in every one). So the numbers must be true.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Garchen Rinpoche is finishing his teaching in Germany with a Tsog today. It was announced that because of ChNN's death a few days ago, they would not be singing and dancing in the Tsog...they would be in silence. :buddha1:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 pm Garchen Rinpoche is finishing his teaching in Germany with a Tsog today. It was announced that because of ChNN's death a few days ago, they would not be singing and dancing in the Tsog...they would be in silence. :buddha1:
Thank you for this info! This is very touching.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Miroku wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:25 pm
Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 pm Garchen Rinpoche is finishing his teaching in Germany with a Tsog today. It was announced that because of ChNN's death a few days ago, they would not be singing and dancing in the Tsog...they would be in silence. :buddha1:
Earlier in the week last week, Garchen Rinpoche gave short teachings on what to do when the Lama dies. And he mentioned that the sambogakaya form of the Lama is always available in the recorded teachings. He had also changed the teachings on Friday, to a Yamantaka practice and tsog and powa....a couple days beforehand.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:45 pm
Earlier in the week last week, Garchen Rinpoche gave short teachings on what to do when the Lama dies. And he mentioned that the sambogakaya form of the Lama is always available in the recorded teachings. He had also changed the teachings on Friday, to a Yamantaka practice and tsog....a couple days beforehand.
Could you PM me the teachings or where can I find them? I am very interested. I'd PM you but you seem to have it disabled.

Garchen Rinpoche is truly a mahasidha just like ChNN.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Miroku wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Earlier in the week last week, Garchen Rinpoche gave short teachings on what to do when the Lama dies. And he mentioned that the sambogakaya form of the Lama is always available in the recorded teachings. He had also changed the teachings on Friday, to a Yamantaka practice and tsog....a couple days beforehand.
Could you PM me the teachings or where can I find them? I am very interested. I'd PM you but you seem to have it disabled.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKivfc ... c5TEma1oaA

There are four videos on Milarepa's Mahamudra, and sorry I don't remember which ones he mentioned the death of a Lama. You'll have to listen to all of them. :smile:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:11 pm
Miroku wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKivfc ... c5TEma1oaA

There are four videos on Milarepa's Mahamudra, and sorry I don't remember which ones he mentioned the death of a Lama. You'll have to listen to all of them. :smile:
Thank you very much! Okay. :D That won't hurt. Hope one can get a lung from a recording too not only empowerment (according to Garchen Rinpoche). Well, now back to topic.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Thank you, Lhasa! :heart:
Miroku wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:52 pmGarchen Rinpoche is truly a mahasidha just like ChNN.
He most certainly is.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Garchen Rinpoche's students should follow his advice re practice appropriate to the death of ChNN.

ChNN's students should follow ChNN's advice and that of his senior students at this time.

If you follow both, then I would humbly suggest adhering to the wishes of ChNN as the essential core.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
TravellingMagi

Post by TravellingMagi »

Hansei wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:37 am By any chance does anyone have a big and good quality image of this wonderful thangka of the Refuge tree with Rinpoche?
Thank you for reminding of this thangka,

Here is the link to the 27 Mb hi-res file

Hope this time the post passes through,
Om Ah Hum :buddha1:
Last edited by anjali on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quoting imbalance
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

TravellingMagi wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am
Hansei wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:37 am By any chance does anyone have a big and good quality image of this wonderful thangka of the Refuge tree with Rinpoche?

:o Wonderful!

Thank you so much! :namaste:
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

TravellingMagi wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am Thank you for reminding of this thangka,

:good:

Thank you so much! This is really beautiful.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

TravellingMagi wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am

Beautiful, thank you.

Do you know who the artist is?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
TravellingMagi

Post by TravellingMagi »

Mr. G wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:58 pm
Beautiful, thank you.

Do you know who the artist is?
Sadly, I do not know. I found the link to the file on a site of a Russian Sangha member. Maybe Nick Dudka is the artist? Cause he is Russian)))
Surely the people who posted the Thangka in the Melong would know who the artist is.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

I do not know who the original artist is, but Samtengar may know, as I believe it was they who brought it with them to Dzamling Gar, where it was presented. So contact them and ask.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Is there's a key to all of the masters in the thanka?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

climb-up wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 pm Is there's a key to all of the masters in the thanka?
Not that I am aware of.

But in general, for students of Rinpoche, it would be a good idea to get "The Temple of the Great Contemplation - The Gönpa of Merigar". This is a very nice book, as it outlines all the details of the Merigar gönpa with great precision, and moreover gives general information of all the lineage masters of the Dzogchen Community which are painted on the walls inside (148 of them).
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Oh, thank you.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Speaking of dates, does anyone have the time of the opening ceremony of the Temple of Great Contemplation? I would like to look at an astrological diagram.

Kevin...
Manju

Post by Manju »

Lion`s Roar:

Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, leader of the International Dzogchen Community, dies at 79

https://www.lionsroar.com/224252-2/?mc_ ... 585e5b3eb0

Manju

Return to “Dzogchen”