Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Dechen Norbu

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

In Austria they will be closed from the 10th of June to the 10th of July and informed on norbunet. I wonder if it's a similar situation.

Why don't you mail them or call the office?
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Hey I have a question for all of you who have ordered from Shangshung Institute USA:

Does it usually take them a kinda long time to get your order shipped? I ask because I placed an order on June 1st and received an email from them on June 2cd saying that my order should ship on June 3rd and that I would get an email confirmation when it shipped, along with a tracking number. It's now June 13th, and I've gotten neither the email/tracking #, nor has the pkg arrived, and it was supposed to be shipped 2-3 day priority mail. I emailed them back on June 9 but have gotten no reply, so I called them this morning and left a voicemail and have still gotten no reply, so I was wondering if this is typical or not?
Unfortunately it is.
They are only open a few days a week and I dont think they always have staff tracking orders.
I'm used to waiting three weeks or so for a package to come from a 2 hours drive away.
Its unfortunate but I dont think they have the resources to fix it right now.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Post by Pero »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:Hey I have a question for all of you who have ordered from Shangshung Institute USA:

Does it usually take them a kinda long time to get your order shipped? I ask because I placed an order on June 1st and received an email from them on June 2cd saying that my order should ship on June 3rd and that I would get an email confirmation when it shipped, along with a tracking number. It's now June 13th, and I've gotten neither the email/tracking #, nor has the pkg arrived, and it was supposed to be shipped 2-3 day priority mail. I emailed them back on June 9 but have gotten no reply, so I called them this morning and left a voicemail and have still gotten no reply, so I was wondering if this is typical or not?
I only ordered from the US once so far, because one time I wanted three books that weren't available in Europe at that time, so I don't know how it is usually. When I ordered everything took a very long time, I had to be persistent too, but there were some circumstances then, the person responsible was just being changed and also two of the three books actually never were authorized by the SSI to be sold, so the SSI still had to make a decision on them and my asking for them sped up the process (or it might also never happen I guess).
So due to the request by the great Pero-sama people can now get some of the older teachings of Rinpoche too he he he.

So my suggestion is just that you try to be patient and persistent and email/call them again. You could also ask Namdrol, maybe he knows something since he lives around there if I'm not mistaken.
Nangwa wrote: Unfortunately it is.
They are only open a few days a week and I dont think they always have staff tracking orders.
I'm used to waiting three weeks or so for a package to come from a 2 hours drive away.
Its unfortunate but I dont think they have the resources to fix it right now.
Ah lol...
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

This is why organized groups need money. :lol:
If someone was getting a decent wage to take care of this full time, we wouldn't have this sort of situations now and then. :smile:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Dechen Norbu wrote:In Austria they will be closed from the 10th of June to the 10th of July and informed on norbunet. I wonder if it's a similar situation.

Lol I have been. I emailed them on June 9th and got no word and then there was the weekend, so I waited til the following Monday (yesterday) and called and left them a voicemail but got no reply, so I called back today and got a live person finally lol. So they've been on a retreat since June 1, so they just hadn't gotten around to shipping my order. Well, gotta be happy that they were up to such worthwhile activities, but it would have been nice if they'd have announced that they'd be out of commission for a little while during the retreat or something. Oh well.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Dechen Norbu wrote:In Austria they will be closed from the 10th of June to the 10th of July and informed on norbunet. I wonder if it's a similar situation.

Lol I have been. I emailed them on June 9th and got no word and then there was the weekend, so I waited til the following Monday (yesterday) and called and left them a voicemail but got no reply, so I called back today and got a live person finally lol. So they've been on a retreat since June 1, so they just hadn't gotten around to shipping my order. Well, gotta be happy that they were up to such worthwhile activities, but it would have been nice if they'd have announced that they'd be out of commission for a little while during the retreat or something. Oh well.

The funny thing is that the retreat was in the same building as the bookstore. And you can bet the bookstore was open during the retreat.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

:lol:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Namdrol wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:

The funny thing is that the retreat was in the same building as the bookstore. And you can bet the bookstore was open during the retreat.
Ah, of course... It's starting to look like I might be better off ordering from SSI-Austria from now on! They may be able to at least get stuff here in a week haha.

Fortunately, I was able to get some of the stuff I really wanted, such as the mantra of the five elements and the words to the song of the vajra, off the webcast files page, and I happen to have a CD with the song of the vajra on it that I bought several years ago before I'd ever even heard of the song of the vajra or ChNN and even a couple yrs before I even really formally started Dzogchen practice. Kind of interesting how things work out... once I figured out the song on this CD was the SoV, I decided to Google the Nepali-Tibetan lama singing it on my CD, and it just so happens he's a student of ChNN. Kinda cool coincidence that of all the Buddhist chant CDs I could have picked, the one I randomly picked several yrs ago turns out to have SoV on it, sung by a supposedly realized student of Rinpoche.

Oh hey, Namdrol. Would you mind PMing me a few words on the mantra of the five elements, such as how many times it's supposed to be recited in a session and if there's anything special I should be considering or visualizing while reciting it? I would be so appreciative. I know you're busy though, so if you don't have time, I understand.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Oh hey, Namdrol. Would you mind PMing me a few words on the mantra of the five elements, such as how many times it's supposed to be recited in a session and if there's anything special I should be considering or visualizing while reciting it? I would be so appreciative. I know you're busy though, so if you don't have time, I understand.
I dont know if Namdrol got back to you on this or not but the Short Tun book is a good one for this kind of question. Even though it takes a long time to get a copy. :smile:
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Nangwa wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote: Oh hey, Namdrol. Would you mind PMing me a few words on the mantra of the five elements, such as how many times it's supposed to be recited in a session and if there's anything special I should be considering or visualizing while reciting it? I would be so appreciative. I know you're busy though, so if you don't have time, I understand.
I dont know if Namdrol got back to you on this or not but the Short Tun book is a good one for this kind of question. Even though it takes a long time to get a copy. :smile:
Nah, haven't heard back from him. I'm sure he'll respond eventually if he notices and has a free moment. Otherwise I'll just have to exercise some patience til the books get here. The instructions of the short tun is one of the books I ordered. :)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Nangwa wrote:
Nah, haven't heard back from him. I'm sure he'll respond eventually if he notices and has a free moment. Otherwise I'll just have to exercise some patience til the books get here. The instructions of the short tun is one of the books I ordered. :)
It is all in the thun instruction book.

N
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Namdrol wrote:

N
Yeah, that's one of the books I'm waiting on. I seriously think I'll order from the SSI in Europe from now on. SSI USA still hasn't gotten my order in the mail, even after telling me they would a second time on the 14th, and they don't ever respond to emails. So it's been a total of 17 days since I placed my order. If there were another SSI USA branch, I would go through them and never deal with the one in Massachusetts again, seriously. This is ridiculous.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I must have ordered my stuff about the same time you did, but I got mine through Italy and it already arrived right here in the Netherlands about 10 days ago.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N
Yeah, that's one of the books I'm waiting on. I seriously think I'll order from the SSI in Europe from now on. SSI USA still hasn't gotten my order in the mail, even after telling me they would a second time on the 14th, and they don't ever respond to emails. So it's been a total of 17 days since I placed my order. If there were another SSI USA branch, I would go through them and never deal with the one in Massachusetts again, seriously. This is ridiculous.
Unfortunately, you cannot order from Europe, they will just send you to USA. I have alerted the board of SSI to your complaint, it is just one among many, unfortunately. So, please exercise patience and understand that they are severely understaffed.

N
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N
Just relax. They can take up to one month to get things out. But they always do.
CAW!
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Namdrol wrote:
Unfortunately, you cannot order from Europe, they will just send you to USA. I have alerted the board of SSI to your complaint, it is just one among many, unfortunately. So, please exercise patience and understand that they are severely understaffed.

N
Ah, I see. Well thanks for passing word along to the board. I'll just chill and the books will get here eventually.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

adinatha wrote:
Just relax. They can take up to one month to get things out. But they always do.
Gotcha. Roger that.
Dechen Norbu

Post by Dechen Norbu »

Here is the schedule of next Retreat that will be transmitted via OPEN webcast

24-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 17:00-19:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

25-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

26-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

26-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat GANAPUJA 12:30 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

27-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

28-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

29-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

29-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat GANAPUJA 17:00-20:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2

30-6-2011 Merigar West Retreat 10:00-12:00 (Italy) Rome time GMT+2
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

adinatha wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N
Well Dzogchen is the path for the lazy man, right?
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

Webcast on now! Everytime I listen to CNN teach I am reminded of how fortunate we are, and the sad fact that he is getting older everyday. Hope he stay with us for many more years!!

Return to “Dzogchen”