Page 127 of 348

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:30 pm
by Malcolm
Jikan wrote:
“Man-ngag Tag-drol Gyud”

a precious Terma teaching of Rigdzin Jangchub Dorje
would someone please describe this teaching briefly? eg does it go by a particular title in English? thanks

The Tantra of the Liberation Through Wearing Intimate Instruction.

This is a tantra about these complicated and important tagdrols, how to make them, how to use them, etc.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:18 pm
by DGA
thanks Malcolm!

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm
by Pero
In case anybody missed it, the time of the teaching tomorrow has changed to 10am to 12pm, local time.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am
by seraphim
Hi all, so the Donwang we got today is actually Shitro Khorde Rangdrol?

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:48 pm
by Malcolm
seraphim wrote:Hi all, so the Donwang we got today is actually Shitro Khorde Rangdrol?
Yes.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm
by seraphim
Thanks M, so there will be 2 retreats on Khorde Rangdrol this year it seems! I've always wanted to receive this since CNN got it from Changchub Dorje himself!

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:47 am
by Sherlock
I was unable to watch the webcast of the donwang because of the last minute change, hopefully I will be able to get it he gives it later again.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:13 am
by seraphim
Anyone experiencing difficulties with the webcast today? I cant get on the channel with Android mobile device.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am
by Blue Garuda
seraphim wrote:Anyone experiencing difficulties with the webcast today? I cant get on the channel with Android mobile device.
No, working fine on both Android 4 browser and on Chrome for Android - both offer the 'Video Player' option to perform the action and work very well. :)

I always use wifi though, as Orange network is unreliable here.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:20 pm
by lasirene
Hi all. I'm new i Dzogchen Community. I would like to ask you which damaru drum is used in long practices? Is this a big drum used in chod practice, or small drum? I hope that someone will be nice and help me. Thanks.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:40 pm
by simhanada
lasirene wrote:Hi all. I'm new i Dzogchen Community. I would like to ask you which damaru drum is used in long practices? Is this a big drum used in chod practice, or small drum? I hope that someone will be nice and help me. Thanks.
Larger Damaru is for chod, smaller for practices like Mandarava.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:28 pm
by lasirene
Thanks a lot :namaste:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 am
by Sally Gross
Lost sound and audio for a while. It has been good, but has become sporadic. Just me, or a more general problem?

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 am
by humanpreta
Hi everyone. If anyone knows the answers to my questions, I'd be very happy to have some clarification.

I'm confused about the Shitro teachings that Rinpoche is giving during the present retreat.

1) How is this shitro teaching (including many mantras) different from the shitro lung he always gives on the last day of retreats?

2) What is Dampa Roggy?

3) What practice is Man-ngag Tagdrol Gyud?

4) What is the difference between the 6 spaces of Samanta Bhadra and 25 spaces of Samanta Bhadra?

5) Do the 6 and 25 spaces have any specific relationship to shitro?

6) My father is interested in connecting with the teaching and this would be his first retreat. Will Rinpoche be giving direct introduction at some point during the remainder of the retreat? If so, can a newcomer tune in just for that?

THANKS!!!

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 am
by ratna
humanpreta wrote:2) What is Dampa Roggy?
This is the name of the Namchö Shitro, the short one that Rinpoche always transmits. It should actually be spelled Dampa Riggya (The Supreme One Hundred Families).
3) What practice is Man-ngag Tagdrol Gyud?
Malcolm answered this above.
6) My father is interested in connecting with the teaching and this would be his first retreat. Will Rinpoche be giving direct introduction at some point during the remainder of the retreat? If so, can a newcomer tune in just for that?
DI was already given on Friday as part of the Shitro donwang.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:00 pm
by Pero
humanpreta wrote: 6) My father is interested in connecting with the teaching and this would be his first retreat. Will Rinpoche be giving direct introduction at some point during the remainder of the retreat? If so, can a newcomer tune in just for that?
In general a newbie should attend a retreat from day one, otherwise it'll be like starting to read a book in the middle. Hard to make out what's going on.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:07 pm
by Sherlock
Pero wrote:
humanpreta wrote: 6) My father is interested in connecting with the teaching and this would be his first retreat. Will Rinpoche be giving direct introduction at some point during the remainder of the retreat? If so, can a newcomer tune in just for that?
In general a newbie should attend a retreat from day one, otherwise it'll be like starting to read a book in the middle. Hard to make out what's going on.
Even attending on day one can be quite confusing -- I definitely was confused the first time I went to a retreat barely having read anything about Dzogchen beforehand. It definitely gets clearer as you read more and practise more though. The first practice I did after that retreat was the semdzins and it was definitely an interesting experience.

To decrease the confusion, he should try to at least read TCatWoL first.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:19 pm
by dakini_boi
Pero wrote:
humanpreta wrote: 6) My father is interested in connecting with the teaching and this would be his first retreat. Will Rinpoche be giving direct introduction at some point during the remainder of the retreat? If so, can a newcomer tune in just for that?
In general a newbie should attend a retreat from day one, otherwise it'll be like starting to read a book in the middle. Hard to make out what's going on.
This is true. However, if your passion to learn is great and you can't wait til the next retreat, it can't hurt you to tune in as much as you can. The opportunity to get live teachings from ChNNR is precious. He also often transmits guru yoga at the beginning of retreat sessions - when he starts out by doing guru yoga together with everyone.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm
by Blue Garuda
It would be really really helpful if someone could post here and translate the title and explain what a forthcoming retreat was going to be about. I hesitate to ask, as members are already very helpful, but it really would help a lot.

I think before attending a first session by webcast one should read 'Guruyoga' and 'The Crystal and the Way of Light' and try to have sight of the Short Tun and an explanation. I would advise joining DC before attending webcasts in order to study the texts - however catch 22 is that you need the lungs before you can study the texts to find out what the practices are about, so maybe a person should attend the last session of one retreat for the lungs and then order the relevant texts for the future retreats.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 pm
by Pero
Blue Garuda wrote:It would be really really helpful if someone could post here and translate the title and explain what a forthcoming retreat was going to be about. I hesitate to ask, as members are already very helpful, but it really would help a lot.

I think before attending a first session by webcast one should read 'Guruyoga' and 'The Crystal and the Way of Light' and try to have sight of the Short Tun and an explanation. I would advise joining DC before attending webcasts in order to study the texts - however catch 22 is that you need the lungs before you can study the texts to find out what the practices are about, so maybe a person should attend the last session of one retreat for the lungs and then order the relevant texts for the future retreats.
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... al#p104647
Longsal Atií Nadzer
Main points of Ati. It's a short text on the main points of ati (view, meditation etc.), just one page. However, Rinpoche made a commentary on it so I think he's going to teach from that as he already has some time ago. Part of it for example is an explanation of the semdzins.
Longsal Atii Gongpa Gojyed
Opening of the gate to the state of Ati. It is a form of purification of 6 lokas.
Longsal Atii Lam-gyi Ngondro
Longsal Dzogchen preliminaries, detailing a form of purification of 6 lokas combined with Vajrasatva. But text mentions also other rushan and semdzin.
Longsal Atii Gongpa ngotrod teaching
Introduction to the state of Ati is an explanation of 4 yogas of semde, also combined with upadesha.