Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am

Any news from Rinpoche? is he better?
what are you doing

User avatar
weitsicht
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: Right Here and Now

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by weitsicht » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am

Are empowerments required for dream yoga?
If so is there someone in the ChNN sangha authorized to teach (and does so)?

Thanks for your advice.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Miroku
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Miroku » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am

weitsicht wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
Are empowerments required for dream yoga?
If so is there someone in the ChNN sangha authorized to teach (and does so)?

Thanks for your advice.
Not needed. Guruyoga is dream yoga.

Michael Katz travels a lot around the globe and gives talks and stuff. Also Tenzin Wangyla Rinpoche is great when it comes to dream yoga, he might be bönpo but he is also Rinpoches student and his way of presenting it is bit different, but it worked for me.

Otherwise, there are booklets.
A boat delivers you to the other riverbank.
A needle stitches up your clothes.
A horse takes you where you want to go.
Bodhicitta will bring you to Buddhahood.

~ Khunu Lama Rinpoche

pael
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by pael » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Miroku wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am
weitsicht wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
Are empowerments required for dream yoga?
If so is there someone in the ChNN sangha authorized to teach (and does so)?

Thanks for your advice.
Not needed. Guruyoga is dream yoga.

Michael Katz travels a lot around the globe and gives talks and stuff. Also Tenzin Wangyla Rinpoche is great when it comes to dream yoga, he might be bönpo but he is also Rinpoches student and his way of presenting it is bit different, but it worked for me.

Otherwise, there are booklets.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is student of ChNN?
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering

Miroku
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Miroku » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:30 pm

pael wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm
Miroku wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:19 am
weitsicht wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
Are empowerments required for dream yoga?
If so is there someone in the ChNN sangha authorized to teach (and does so)?

Thanks for your advice.
Not needed. Guruyoga is dream yoga.

Michael Katz travels a lot around the globe and gives talks and stuff. Also Tenzin Wangyla Rinpoche is great when it comes to dream yoga, he might be bönpo but he is also Rinpoches student and his way of presenting it is bit different, but it worked for me.

Otherwise, there are booklets.
Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is student of ChNN?
I do believe he did recieved some teachings. His Tibetan yoga of dream and sleep is dedicated to Rinpoche.
A boat delivers you to the other riverbank.
A needle stitches up your clothes.
A horse takes you where you want to go.
Bodhicitta will bring you to Buddhahood.

~ Khunu Lama Rinpoche

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Is there a Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug empowerment given by ChNN?
what are you doing

User avatar
Josef
Posts: 2259
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Josef » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

weitsicht wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
Are empowerments required for dream yoga?
If so is there someone in the ChNN sangha authorized to teach (and does so)?

Thanks for your advice.
Direct transmission is the only requirement.
And yes, there are several students authorized to teach it.
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Is there a Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug empowerment given by ChNN?
Yes, from Adzom Drugpa.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

User avatar
Losal Samten
Posts: 1464
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Losal Samten » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am
Any news from Rinpoche? is he better?
"Our Dear Master will be at the clinic for a few more days, until His condition will be well stabilized.

All the parameters are now much better but there is still some weakness. For that reason He is continuing the therapies to overcome the pulmonary infection.

Our Dear Master is under the care of a pool of specialists in: urology, nephrology, internal medicine, cardiology, coordinated by a very respected doctor renown at the national level.

Naturally, He has a 24 hours continuous care.

His main doctor is personally visiting Him one or two times every day.

Once being back at home, Rinpoche will have two professional nurses taking care of Him 24 hours a day in coordination with the doctors.


Dzamling Gar Gakyil"
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am

heart wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Is there a Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug empowerment given by ChNN?
Yes, from Adzom Drugpa.

/magnus
D: when he gave it?!
what are you doing

amanitamusc
Posts: 1395
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:32 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by amanitamusc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am
heart wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Is there a Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug empowerment given by ChNN?
Yes, from Adzom Drugpa.

/magnus
D: when he gave it?!
The main thing is that you have the lung and the booklet and you can
do the practice if you like. :twothumbsup:

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am
heart wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm


Yes, from Adzom Drugpa.

/magnus
D: when he gave it?!
The main thing is that you have the lung and the booklet and you can
do the practice if you like. :twothumbsup:
i do! but i would like to receive the empowerment :( are more lineages of this teaching?
what are you doing

seraphim
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by seraphim » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 am
amanitamusc wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am


D: when he gave it?!
The main thing is that you have the lung and the booklet and you can
do the practice if you like. :twothumbsup:
i do! but i would like to receive the empowerment :( are more lineages of this teaching?
Another highly popular lineage of this practice is from the Chokling Tersar.

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 am
heart wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:39 pm
Is there a Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug empowerment given by ChNN?
Yes, from Adzom Drugpa.

/magnus
D: when he gave it?!
The last Korwa Thongtrug retreat I followed was in Barcelona http://dzogchen.gr/en/webcasts/webcast-in-barcelona/

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Mantrik » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

It is recorded that Chogyal Namkhai Norbu is a mind emanation of Bhutan's former spiritual leader. At five, he was recognized as a mindstream emanation of an emanation of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyel (1594–1651).

The current leader is the Je Khenpo I think, but I recently came across the term 'Manchen Lopon', allegedly the spiritual leader who still communicates with the deceased Shabdrung via dreams. Does anyone know what this title is, please? It sounds a little like the Chogyal.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am

Finding korwa initiation looks like finding a particular sand grain in the ganges... Ok.
what are you doing

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:06 am

Losal Samten wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:47 am
Any news from Rinpoche? is he better?
"Our Dear Master will be at the clinic for a few more days, until His condition will be well stabilized.

All the parameters are now much better but there is still some weakness. For that reason He is continuing the therapies to overcome the pulmonary infection.

Our Dear Master is under the care of a pool of specialists in: urology, nephrology, internal medicine, cardiology, coordinated by a very respected doctor renown at the national level.

Naturally, He has a 24 hours continuous care.

His main doctor is personally visiting Him one or two times every day.

Once being back at home, Rinpoche will have two professional nurses taking care of Him 24 hours a day in coordination with the doctors.


Dzamling Gar Gakyil"
Thank you, i shared this with my siblings here. 🙏
what are you doing

User avatar
heart
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by heart » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am
Finding korwa initiation looks like finding a particular sand grain in the ganges... Ok.
It looks a bit difficult to get it from ChNNR right now, but when he recover he will certainly teach this again and give the donwang. I recently got this empowerment from DJKR from the Chokling Tersar tradition. Many lamas have this transmission so I don't think its very difficult to get.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 pm

heart wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 pm
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:05 am
Finding korwa initiation looks like finding a particular sand grain in the ganges... Ok.
It looks a bit difficult to get it from ChNNR right now, but when he recover he will certainly teach this again and give the donwang. I recently got this empowerment from DJKR from the Chokling Tersar tradition. Many lamas have this transmission so I don't think its very difficult to get.

/magnus
DJKR, im examining him. good news you gave.
what are you doing

climb-up
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 am

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by climb-up » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:05 pm

In re: Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug

In one of his books ChNN recommended using the Green Tara practice as a model for performing other practices in a lower-tantra-combined-with-higher-tantra kind of a way.
I would like to do this by including some songs of praise or chants, but can't find anything.

I have looked and have found absolutely nothing about Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug other than DC material and booklet. Is there another spelling or name that will get me some more information?
Are there any prayers or chants specifically to Avalokiteshvara Korwa Thongtrug?

Post Reply

Return to “Dzogchen”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dzoki, Google [Bot], Kunzang Tobgyal, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 57 guests