Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Simon E.

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Simon E. » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Josef wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 pm
I have to say, it is getting exhausting seeing people basically say to shut up any time anyone brings up something questioning the DC's direction.

The fact is that Rinpoche is no longer running the DC. There appear to be a few different camps, I imagine each one claims they are carrying Rinpoche's vision, but from an outside perspective (someone like me who is a "distance member", with no real connection to a local far or ling), there appears to be a real...lack of coherence. I don't think people are just being crazy with their concerns.

Without belaboring the point, or being too negative (as surely the fact that we all had transmission from Rinpoche is enough cause for joy), I think it's fair to have some serious ambivalence and concern for what we are seeing, aren't seeing, etc. without being admonished any time we bring something up. I have a fair amount of experience in another Dharma organization - of which I am also a "meatspace" member, I am not just making up concerns, and I don't think anyone else is either.

So, let's try to have some equanimity with this conversation on both sides. We can bring up issues or concerns without being gossipy or controversial, and we can affirm our commitment to the teachings and the DC without being jingoistic or gaslighting legitimate concerns when they come up, can't we?
I dont really see anything wrong with talking about it. My opinion is that we should relax and let Yeshi manifest naturally and without expectations or comparisons to his father.
This...
Imagine it was YOUR father folks...we are talking about human beings here.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:14 pm

To the best of my knowledge the event is fully official now. Here goes the second e-mail which the Merigar gakyil has sent out:
Cari tutti,
vorremmo chiarire alcuni dettagli che riguardano i due giorni dedicati alla trasmissione con Yeshi Silvano Namkhai.

La trasmissione è rivolta SOLAMENTE ALLE PERSONE NUOVE, che si sono avvicinate all'insegnamento negli ultimi anni, ma non hanno potuto ricevere la trasmissione da Chogyal Nakhai Norbu.

Chiediamo gentilmente a tutti coloro che hanno dubbi e domande di scrivere o telefonare eclusivamente alla segreteria di Merigar o al gakyil di Merigar.

Le condizioni per poter participare alla trasmissione sono:
- età minima prima liceo, ma preferibilmente maggiorenne
- non sono ammessi accompagnatori
- non ci sarà il webcast o registrazioni
- non ci sarà traduzione ufficiale, se proprio servirà saranno i partecipanti ad organizzarsi tra di loro
-non ci sarà nessun permesso speciale per poter partecipare per chi ha già ricevuto la trasmisione da Chogyal Namkhai Norbu
To offer care and affection to sentient beings
In desperate situations who lack protection
Brings just as much merit as the meditation
On emptiness with compassion as its core—
So it has been said by glorious Lord Atisha.

Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

If you cannot generate an altruistic mind, even extensive retreat will be of not much benefit.
Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:21 pm

heart wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 am
climb-up wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 am
heart wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:05 am

Ayu Khandro Simhamukha practice is the standard Simhamukha in the DC. Everyone practice the ultra short version. The long practice, the sadhana, he only gave lung for on the Ayu Khandro Simhamukha retreats and on those retreats he also gave wang and tri on the text. I participated in one of these retreats and he didn't give any instructions how to do the altar, I think he didn't find these details necessary.

/magnus
Interesting. So the more extensive Ayu Khandro was done, as written, without a specific altar set-up?
I wondered if that might be the case.

Can I PM you about this?
I can't recall that ChNNR ever gave instructions on how to set up an altar for deity practice. But my memory is not very reliable. Anyway, normally we do altar set ups for deity practice only when doing retreat.

/magnus
Or if you're doing a tsok, eh? At least, that's my method....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

heart

Post by heart » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:40 pm

conebeckham wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:21 pm
heart wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:48 am
climb-up wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:07 am

Interesting. So the more extensive Ayu Khandro was done, as written, without a specific altar set-up?
I wondered if that might be the case.

Can I PM you about this?
I can't recall that ChNNR ever gave instructions on how to set up an altar for deity practice. But my memory is not very reliable. Anyway, normally we do altar set ups for deity practice only when doing retreat.

/magnus
Or if you're doing a tsok, eh? At least, that's my method....
yes, right!
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:53 pm

For the time being, though, it does seem that he is not offering to lead those who had transmission from ChNN.
People seem to forget that Yeshe already has a large base of students in the DC. As far as I can tell, he is merely creating an official way for people who are interested in the DC to participate fully in Yantra Yoga, Vajra Dance, and so forth, who have not received transmission from Rinpoche. I, for one, am happy that he is stepping up and taking this role.

billy hudson

Post by billy hudson » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Message from the Merigar Gakyil:

Merigar
April 11-12, 2020

Transmission with Yeshi Silvano Namkhai

Dear All,

We would like to clarify a few details regarding the two days dedicated to the transmission with Yeshi Silvano Namkhai.

The transmission is intended EXCLUSIVELY FOR NEWCOMERS who have come into contact with the teaching in recent years but who were not able to receive the transmission from Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. Please forward this message to the people who you know are interested (without using social media and the like). We kindly ask anyone who has doubts or questions to write or call exclusively the Merigar secretary or the Merigar Gakyil. Email: office@dzogchen.it

Please note that this transmission will take place on an annual basis and that from year to year Yeshi Silvano Namkhai will decide where to give it.

This year it will take place at Merigar, where most likely the majority of participants will be Italian and for that reason Yeshi Silvano Namkhai will speak in Italian. No official translators will be provided; participants speaking other languages will have to make their own arrangements.

The number of participants is limited to a total of 200 people.

The conditions of participation are as follows:

Minimum age 14-15, but preferably age of majority
Accompanying assistants are not permitted
There will be no webcast or recordings
No official translators will be provided; any participants who absolutely require translation will have to make their own arrangements
No special permission to participate will be given to those who have already received transmission from Chögyal Namkhai Norbu
Merigar

The following message is addressed to those persons who in the last few years have come into contact with the teachings of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu but who HAVE NOT HAD THE POSSIBILITY TO RECEIVE TRANSMISSION.

In these last few years, many people have come into contact with the teachings of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, and some of them wonder if there will be a possibility to receive the transmission enabling them to practice all the teachings received from the Master.

We are pleased to announce that during the Easter holidays Yeshi Silvano Namkhai, the son of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, will give the transmission at Merigar to those who desire to receive it.

This joyful event will take place in the course of two days, at the end of which the participants will have received the transmission and in all respects will be practitioners of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. It is essential, however, that that they commit to listen to recordings both of practices and explanations given directly by the Master and that they make an effort to understand well how to apply them, always listening to the voice of the Master and with the assistance of the authorized instructors.

Completing the registration form is indispensable for participation. It contains indications that must be carefully read prior to registration. Link to registration form.

The Merigar Gakyil

COMUNITA' DZOGCHEN DI MERIGAR
LOCALITA' MERIGAR
58031 ARCIDOSSO (GR)
TEL. 0564 966837
EMAIL: office@dzogchen.it

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Thank you, that clears it up.
Not a change in the org per se, but a potential entry point for some. Given the motivation, and the requirement that it be in person and a limited number, the reason that this is only for those without transmission is very clear and reasonable.
That's good. :)

rang.drol

Post by rang.drol » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm
Nice to see you again! :twothumbsup:

Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 am

Malcolm wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:53 pm

For the time being, though, it does seem that he is not offering to lead those who had transmission from ChNN.
People seem to forget that Yeshe already has a large base of students in the DC. As far as I can tell, he is merely creating an official way for people who are interested in the DC to participate fully in Yantra Yoga, Vajra Dance, and so forth, who have not received transmission from Rinpoche. I, for one, am happy that he is stepping up and taking this role.
Nice to see you posting once more. :)
I liken it to a martial arts organisation. One of the seniors has agreed to lead the training and provide an annual grading session, but not to run the club.
In a real-life example, an organisation I was part of went 3 separate ways, each keeping true to the deceased master's teachings and standards, and each led by a respected senior teacher.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

schubertian

Post by schubertian » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm

My daughter is interesting in ChNN- I gave her Crystal and Dzogchen to read
She was looking forward to this
"No webcast, no translation, no 'assistants' (?)"
So that ends that

Karma_Yeshe

Post by Karma_Yeshe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:16 pm

This joyful event will take place in the course of two days, at the end of which the participants will have received the transmission and in all respects will be practitioners of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu.
This sounds a bit crazy. You cannot be a pracitioner (meaning student) of some master you have never met and recieved transmission from (unless maybe your are somebody like Jigme Lingpa).

Vasana

Post by Vasana » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:23 pm

It depends how you frame it.

at the end of which the participants will have received the transmission and in all respects will be practitioners of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu's - lineage, transmission, community, sangha, written and recorded tri.

In addition to any of Yeshi's own teachings and advice.
ཨོཾ ་ མ ་ ཎི ་ པ ་ དྨེ ་ ཧཱུྃ ། འ ་ ཨ ་ ཧ ་ ཤ ་ ས ་ མ །
Om Mani Peme Hum ། 'A Ah Ha Sha Sa Ma
'When alone, watch your mind,When with others, watch your speech' - Old Kadampa saying

climb-up

Post by climb-up » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 pm

If they receive the full transmission from Yeshi, then they’ll be be part of the same lineage; seems at least functionally the same to me.

Tata1

Post by Tata1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:30 am

Does anyonr has an audio file of the practice of amitayus?

khemmis

Post by khemmis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:44 pm

Are there any in-depth publications about "The Purification of the Six Lokas" as described in "Precious Vase" or in "Teachings on Lojongs, Rushens and Semdzins"? It seems there is not too much about this practice - at least in Shang Shung Publications shop - of course it's more than enough to practice but I would like to learn more. Gracias!

heart

Post by heart » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:59 pm

schubertian wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:18 pm
My daughter is interesting in ChNN- I gave her Crystal and Dzogchen to read
She was looking forward to this
"No webcast, no translation, no 'assistants' (?)"
So that ends that
Seems it will be in English now.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Have just posted it in another thread, and realised that it also belongs in here:
Kyabje Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche wrote:Dear Global Dzogchen Community.

I would like to make a clarification on the recent letter I wrote especially about courses in the Dzogchen Community for practitioners with transmission. As I have already said, we all have to be sure that people who will teach have a concrete base and understanding, this is important for everyone now and for the future. For this reason it is my responsibility, as the Teacher and main holder of the transmission and lineage, to be sure I have trust in the people I authorize.

I have this deep trust in my Son and my Daughter. Any teaching they received the transmission and instructions for, I have full confidence for them to teach. If they decide they want to teach. But they should be free and nobody should try to force them to teach.

Kenpo Yeshe Wangpo I have already authorized to teach several different practices.

Nina Robinson I have authorized to teach Mandarava.

Naljorma Tsultrim Allione and Costantino Albini I have authorized to teach my teaching of Chod.

Elio Guarisco and Fabio Andrico I have authorized to teach the Tsalungs of Mandarava.

Michael Katz I have authorized to teach my teachings on Dream Yoga.

All the SMS teachers are not automatically authorized to teach many practices, in order to teach a specific practice they should first have that concrete knowledge, experience, capacity and qualification.

Practitioners who are already leading some practices with practitioners who received the transmission should understand they are not authorized teachers. All practitioners and Gakyils should understand this.

To be considered teachers they should first be directly and officially authorized by the Teacher.

Dzamling Gar 13 05 2016

ChNN.
To offer care and affection to sentient beings
In desperate situations who lack protection
Brings just as much merit as the meditation
On emptiness with compassion as its core—
So it has been said by glorious Lord Atisha.

Chatral Sangye Dorje Rinpoche

If you cannot generate an altruistic mind, even extensive retreat will be of not much benefit.
Garchen Triptrul Rinpoche

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:14 am

Melong.com/report-sms-instructors-meeting-dzamling-gar/

This period is an important time for the whole Dzogchen Community: it is a time for the entire Sangha to come together with trust in each other and in the spirit of collaboration in order to fulfill Rinpoche’s vision for the future. Small seeds are beginning to grow in our mutual appreciation of each other, based on our different and diverse capacities.

Traditionally, when a great Tibetan Master passes away, it is said to take at least three years to begin to come to terms with the new situation and to discover fresh potentialities.

khemmis

Post by khemmis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Happy New Year from The Mirror! Issue 146 is now available online and shortly in printed form. Inside you can find many topics of interest as we go forward into the next decade.

Beginning with the continuing Ati Yoga teaching of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu given in December 2017 at Dzamling Gar, there is an article on the series of Vajrasattva pujas that took place in Northern India at Tashijong and Jangchub Jong at the initiative of H.E. Drugu Choegyal Rinpoche in honor of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu. During his visit to Merigar West in September to participate in the events to honor the passing of our Teacher, Drugu Choegyal kindly consented to be interviewed for The Mirror, Deepening the Supreme Dzogchen Teaching.

The International Gakyil presents a message about the future of the Community as a Sangha and renewing membership, followed by a talk by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu published a few years ago on the Importance of the Dzogchen Community.

The Santi Maha Sangha instructors met in December and put together a report in reply to many questions that have recently arisen. Then we present an interview with Marco Baseggio from the Atiyoga Foundation clarifying different issues regarding the history and the current situation of ATIF. We also offer the words of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu explaining about the Atiyoga Foundation as an Umbrella, December 2017.
(emphasis mine)

We present an update from the School for Tibetan Language and Translation, an appeal to support the Ka-ter Project from SSI Austria, updates on Shang Shung Publications books, and an interesting account of the visit of the Drepung Loseling monks to SSI UK in London to create a sand mandala. ASIA Onlus makes an appeal on behalf of their Mensana Project to help feed school children in Nepal.

Two teachers of children’s Kumar Kumari Yantra Yoga talk about their experiences with 4th graders in Rome, followed by a description of an important cultural event, Enjoy Tibet, that took place at Dzamling Gar and involved Tibetan dances (the videos reached more than 12,000 viewers), Tibetan culture, art, and cuisine. Then we present information about the new Khaita App, the Khaita Dance School, and the Sangha App now available to Dzogchen Community members.

There are updates from Merigar West and the Zikhang Library, Merigar East, Rinchenling in the Moscow area, and impressions of the Sea retreat in Costa Rica in September. Drugu Choegyal Rinpoche visited the Roman ling, Zhenphenling, during his stay in Italy and gave some words of advice to those present.

Our Dzogchen Artist this issue is film maker Vladimir Maykov, Elio Guarisco gave an interview in Peru, How Much Do You Really Know about Meditation and Contemplation, we publish the first in a series entitled Lives of the Great Masters, a book review on Food and Sinful Demons by Alex Studholme, and finally Amely Becker talks about how she met Chögyal Namkhai Norbu.

The Mirror in pdf is available for free on dzogchen.net for members of the International Dzogchen Community and for a small fee on melong.com.
The printed edition will be available at Merigar office, Dzamling Gar bookstore, and Tsegyalgar bookstore.

We hope you enjoy the issue!
The Mirror team
http://melong.com/

khemmis

Post by khemmis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:47 am

There will be a chance to receive online transmission of two practices from ChNNR lineage (Chöd and Green Tara) on the 1st of February. More info here: viewtopic.php?f=82&p=517316

Return to “Dzogchen”